Options

The silence vs the great intelligence, who is really the bad guy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
Forum Member
Alrighty. Did a complete re watch of season 6. The war Madame kovarian referred to, was it in reference to the Trenzalore war? Did the GI fight with the silence in the doctors time stream? I know most answers will be only speculation, but as a whole there's been an ongoing arc from season 5. Silence doctor, silence will fall, on the fields of Trenzalore, the question must never be asked. Silence MUST fall. Oh my brain hurts. If it is all answered in the 50th I will be pleased. Plus ill give a tip of the hat to moffatt for starting something in season 5 and *hopefully* wrapping it up all nicely. So I wonder who the big bad really really is. Forgive me for asking a question if its already been asked. But.... Explain! Explain!

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alrighty. Did a complete re watch of season 6. The war Madame kovarian referred to, was it in reference to the Trenzalore war? Did the GI fight with the silence in the doctors time stream? I know most answers will be only speculation, but as a whole there's been an ongoing arc from season 5. Silence doctor, silence will fall, on the fields of Trenzalore, the question must never be asked. Silence MUST fall. Oh my brain hurts. If it is all answered in the 50th I will be pleased. Plus ill give a tip of the hat to moffatt for starting something in season 5 and *hopefully* wrapping it up all nicely. So I wonder who the big bad really really is. Forgive me for asking a question if its already been asked. But.... Explain! Explain!

IMO what The Silence are trying to Prevent has yet to be seen on screen.

Yes the Prophecy referred to what was seen in TNOTD but it's what will happen now that the Doctor has opened his tomb and entered his own Time Stream that the Silence have been trying to stop.

At a guess the Doctors actions will end up breaking the Lock on the Time War and the Time Lords will return to the Universe. It's this return the Silence are trying to Prevent, possibly because in the current reality they end up as the most powerful race in the Universe but this will not happen if the Time Lords return.

Alternatively it may be the exact opposite and the Silents want the Time Lock broken but the Doctors actions in the 50th keep it shut.

In this case the Silence may be similar to the White Point Star Diamond/the Masters drums and were a plan the Time Lords managed to put in place on the last day of Gallifrey.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    So I wonder who the big bad really really is.
    The Doctor ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The Doctor ;)

:O

It's probably true tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    IMO what The Silence are trying to Prevent has yet to be seen on screen.

Yes the Prophecy referred to what was seen in TNOTD but it's what will happen now that the Doctor has opened his tomb and entered his own Time Stream that the Silence have been trying to stop.

At a guess the Doctors actions will end up breaking the Lock on the Time War and the Time Lords will return to the Universe. It's this return the Silence are trying to Prevent, possibly because in the current reality they end up as the most powerful race in the Universe but this will not happen if the Time Lords return.

Alternatively it may be the exact opposite and the Silents want the Time Lock broken but the Doctors actions in the 50th keep it shut.

In this case the Silence may be similar to the White Point Star Diamond/the Masters drums and were a plan the Time Lords managed to put in place on the last day of Gallifrey.

I suppose this could be correct and true, I just anticipate a big battle at Trenzalore, the silence Having some part in it. So many lead ups to the universe against the doctor, maybe the tears and scars in his timeline are his crime, moments that would should have never happened. What was the first earth invasion in doctor who (classic) Did the bad guy track the doctor there to it?