Options

Beverley callard corrie return ?

Comments

• Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely thrilled by this news. I'm a massive Liz fan.

Some real venom towards Bev Callard on this thread which seems bizarre. She has been very open about her struggle with depression. She was in a very bad place in around 2009/2010 and vanished from our screens to go on sick leave. She was, to my knowledge, still under contract. The Sun reports that she 'quit' in 2010. This is not correct. She was on sick leave for months, even missing the 50th Anniversary episodes.

I can't wait to see Liz back on the Street. I'm actually very pleased that she won't be back behind the bar of the Rovers - that's just too easy. Her period as landlady was one of her least interesting. Liz always works best when she's on her knees (no pun intended!) I hope that they lose some of the OTT tacky/tarty edge and that she comes back a bit more earthy and believable.

Can't wait!!!!
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering she had a good exit isn't it a bit soon of her to return after been away for 2 and a half years
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Liz is coming back so she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Liz moving in with Deirdre for a period of time. Bill Roache is going to be off our screens for a while yet. They can come up with some reason for Ken going away for some time and have Liz move in.

Deirdre desperately needs some material that doesn't involve her standing over the dining table at No.1. Liz's return, hopefully, will do just that.
  • Options
    Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thought of her and Gloria scrapping is too delicious
  • Options
    Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    OMG, i cant wait!
    I dont know why im so excited
    She'l probably clash with Michelle and Stella
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some real venom towards Bev Callard on this thread which seems bizarre. She has been very open about her struggle with depression. She was in a very bad place in around 2009/2010 and vanished from our screens to go on sick leave. She was, to my knowledge, still under contract. The Sun reports that she 'quit' in 2010. This is not correct. She was on sick leave for months, even missing the 50th Anniversary episodes.

I can't wait to see Liz back on the Street. I'm actually very pleased that she won't be back behind the bar of the Rovers - that's just too easy. Her period as landlady was one of her least interesting. Liz always works best when she's on her knees (no pun intended!) I hope that they lose some of the OTT tacky/tarty edge and that she comes back a bit more earthy and believable.

Can't wait!!!!

I wonder what she will be a barmaid, or work for Carla. I cant wait to see her and Stella together. How will they get on? Will sparks fly? Or maybe she will be back to comfort Roy.
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this mainly because it increases the chances of seeing Jim again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so wierd, because when i was watching corrie yesterday, i was talking to my brother about Liz and the next day its confirmed she will return!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this mainly because it increases the chances of seeing Jim again, so it will.

:cool::cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Liz moving in with Deirdre for a period of time. Bill Roache is going to be off our screens for a while yet. They can come up with some reason for Ken going away for some time and have Liz move in.

Deirdre desperately needs some material that doesn't involve her standing over the dining table at No.1. Liz's return, hopefully, will do just that.

That's a good idea and hopefully will be the case. I quite like the idea of Liz and Deirdre becoming a double act. I found Deirdre to be redundant as a character the last several years and this would be a good way to bring her a new lease of life.

I'm really excited for Liz's return as I always liked the character and found the actress to be very good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might reconcile her relationship with Owen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    That's a good idea and hopefully will be the case. I quite like the idea of Liz and Deirdre becoming a double act. I found Deirdre to be redundant as a character the last several years and this would be a good way to bring her a new lease of life.

I'm really excited for Liz's return as I always liked the character and found the actress to be very good.

Totally agree about Deirdre being redundant. It's strange because the Barlows are one of the show's strongest family units, yet she is swallowed up in the dramas of Tracy, Peter et al. She needs to rise up as her own character again.

It's funny because I was watching some of the 1998 episodes where Deirdre is jailed and Liz's reaction is one of the most powerful. Their friendship really needs to be revisited and strengthened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has made her exit pointless imo
    But i love that she is returning
    When she left in 2010, and returned in 2011, i was gutted she was leaving and i only knew the character for about a year
    I started watching in 2010, hence my username:)
  • Options
    TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dreadful news, from day one could never stand Liz MacDonald, thought we'd seen the back of her. :mad:

Prefer Stella at the Rovers, hope Liz doesn't worm her way back in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I'm glad she is back. I hope she clashes with Stella :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly!!!!! Why can't these people just p off and get jobs elsewhere?! At the end of the day it is a JOB and if every time I left a job and changed my kind on of my bosses just wouldn't keep creating space for me to work and get paid!
    It's obvious she is talentless and typecast and unable to do anything else! I seriously can't stand it when actors and actresses keep returning! Eastenders does it to hell! Ricky, Sharon, Janine, Bianca and Peter have all come back more times than a friggin boomerang!!!
    I really shouldn't post before I've had my coffee! This is my second rant of the morning :o

YEAH ROCK ON.......&Drink more coffee
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    she is better than Bet Lynch's character, also Steve is there still..Maybe get Andy back :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrTrix wrote: »

Hi Jim :D
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz can't come back, they ran a 'Farewell Liz' last time! That makes it final!

But seriously, I hope she boots Stella out of the Rovers.

Can't wait!!!!

I like this mainly because it increases the chances of seeing Jim again.
    MrTrix wrote: »
    Totally agree about Deirdre being redundant. It's strange because the Barlows are one of the show's strongest family units, yet she is swallowed up in the dramas of Tracy, Peter et al. She needs to rise up as her own character again.

It's funny because I was watching some of the 1998 episodes where Deirdre is jailed and [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nLFWY0tvHug#t=896s"]Liz's reaction is one of the most powerful[/URL]. Their friendship really needs to be revisited and strengthened.
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    she is better than Bet Lynch's character, also Steve is there still..Maybe get Andy back :p

:):)
    So she is, so she is:):)
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news, Liz is a classic Corrie character. I just hope they don't do a like-for-like swap with Stella. It would be fun to see Liz take over the Weathy Arms again and start a rivalry, even though I rather liked Debbie Arnold's Carole for that role - it's a shame she's not made any further appearances.
  • Options
    HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    So glad that Liz is coming back,looking forward to it!
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where will she live?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bet her and Stella will clash and wont get on lol