✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

Hi Connie,

I'm not being able to see these. Help!
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just found Shirley Dunwich's house! My stupid baseball team was blowing their game so I was browsing up the coast from PI and I found it.

It is just south of Crackington Haven.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

Shop Girl, you should be giving tours of Doc Martin filming sites. You know nearly all of them! And I could sell souvineers at the end of the tour. Maybe some of Louisa's "I don't give a damn" digestives. Chocolate, of course. What other souvineers should we offer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Doc Martini's and cornish pasties?

Hey if there is anyone in LA or London that would like to be interviewed as a Doc Martin fan - please email us at info@docmartinonline.net....

Lots of cool stuff coming up guys!

Have taken that list of locations as I'm going to be speaking with the locations manager in July.

Cheers everyone!

DR
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    lemster wrote: »
    I notice that "The Guilty" has been posted on YouTube, doubtless in violation of numerous copyright laws. For you law abusers the site is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE9VzIrDpqM

A chance to see a young Caroline Catz.

It appears to be a shortened version--the original is 201 minutes long and the utube indicates it is an hour and 41 minutes.

It is a fabulous film--and it raises all sorts of moral questions about the nature of and the degrees of guilt. (A quote from the Amazon site: "Everyone is guilty of something--and justice isn’t always served.") Alas, for Brits, it is only available as a region one DVD--though possibly it is available in the UK on a VHS. Michael Kitchen's acting is incredible--and CC does very good job as well.

Viewer discretion is advised.

Also, for US fans, Michael Kitchen's Foyles War, series 7 has been released on DVD in the UK and I presume will be shown on PBS probably in the fall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    lemster wrote: »
    I notice that "The Guilty" has been posted on YouTube, doubtless in violation of numerous copyright laws. For you law abusers the site is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE9VzIrDpqM

A chance to see a young Caroline Catz.

Thought I might take a look, but there's no sound....any other law abusers having this problem? ;)
  • Options
    lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Thought I might take a look, but there's no sound....any other law abusers having this problem? ;)

I can't get sound either.
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Shop Girl, you should be giving tours of Doc Martin filming sites. You know nearly all of them! And I could sell souvineers at the end of the tour. Maybe some of Louisa's "I don't give a damn" digestives. Chocolate, of course. What other souvineers should we offer?

Ellingham's Own brand of cous-cous, salt-free, Doc Martin's Own tea bags, packaged in Portwenn.
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Louisa contributed to the infantalizarion herself - was this the series with the hidden digestives? And then when she found them she ate them as though she was ripping apart DM.

And yet - also- we see her at the school being a very competent head mistress and very in control. Two sides of the coin but no middle -

Well, that's not really accurate she was in control at school, in S5. We saw her actually not being competent and in control. The Dare Club poisoned multiple kids. The janitor was the poisoner who also almost killed himself with carbon monoxide. Louisa cannot get a healthy lunch to the kids; and things get frantic in the kitchen. So, all around LG was not shown well in this last series. Unprepared for motherhood. Not crediting DM for his help. Being gullible in believing in her mom. Struggling at being Head Mistress.

I really hope they allow LG to "get her groove back on" in S6! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    Also - two interiors that I am unsure about - and both of them are Bert's! In S2E3 there are several scenes inside the house when Al is trying to find out if Bert is his real father. I don't know if this is inside the house on the lake or not. In S1 Bert is living on the lake, S2 doesn't ever show the outside of the house where he is living. In S3, when Al returns from traveling he tries to get into the house on New Rd next to the Bay Hotel, but Bert has opened the restaurant and apparently moved upstairs from the restaurant. In S4 there are several scenes upstairs in the flat, but I have determined that it wasn't filmed in the house that is used for the restaurant. It seems that they only use the outdoor patio there because the kitchen is located out at the barn where the other interiors are located - and based on a view from a bedroom window I'm sure the flat upstairs isn't filmed upstairs at that location. So I also don't know where they filmed the interior of Bert's flat in S4. I can't imagine ever finding either of these locations.

So, the only ones I have no confidence finding are the two interiors for Bert's residence, Selkirk Farm & Marigold's house. Of course, I have all sorts of new places to find starting this fall!

Very impressive!

You've got all of the exteriors related to Bert, right? I recently saw that someone posted information as well as photos of "Bert's pool" at Facebook, including the actual little pier they fished from as Bert and Al discussed Bert leaping into the water to save young Al, even though Al could swim better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just found Shirley Dunwich's house! My stupid baseball team was blowing their game so I was browsing up the coast from PI and I found it.

You were just browsing at Bing or Google's aerial maps and found it? You amaze me! Can't wait to see it.

Speaking of Shirley Dunwich, aka "Mrs. Thing", my favorite Doc name for a character, I just finished a mystery that's got a connection to the episode. I'm not sure if I should mention the name of the book and not tell the link to the episode or if I should explain how it's connected to the episode without telling the name of the book. I don't want to give it away to anyone wanting to read it.

Okay, I decided to tell the book's name. It's "The Pigeon Pie Mystery" by Julia Stuart. It's on the Oprah book club list, so some of you may have read it or heard of it. It's fairly new, published in the fall of 2012.

If you like mysteries, it's lots of fun and I recommend it, but I can't help but wonder if the author isn't a DM fan (which came first, the book or the DM ep? DM was first). Be prepared for a Doc Martin connection that will make you smile (and also be prepared to read it with a dictionary or computer nearby, especially American readers, so you can look up loads of British Victorian-era words you aren't familiar with).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Well, that's not really accurate she was in control at school, in S5. We saw her actually not being competent and in control. The Dare Club poisoned multiple kids. The janitor was the poisoner who also almost killed himself with carbon monoxide. Louisa cannot get a healthy lunch to the kids; and things get frantic in the kitchen. So, all around LG was not shown well in this last series. Unprepared for motherhood. Not crediting DM for his help. Being gullible in believing in her mom. Struggling at being Head Mistress.

I agree that in S5 LG was somewhat scattered and flaky in all areas of her life, including work, where it seemed she didn't quite have the upper hand over "the goats", as Mr. Coley called the out-of-control school kids, that she had in previous years. I don't think it was as bad as DM himself seemed to think as he leveled criticism after criticism at the school in S5, but it seems to me that the producers and writers were intentionally showing us a Louisa who was having difficulty coping. Even CC in an interview said that LG in S5 is portrayed as not good at multi-tasking (as CC says she also isn't very good at it herself). This has all got to be for a reason. I think they've got something up their sleeve that will be resolved in S6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Very impressive!

You've got all of the exteriors related to Bert, right? I recently saw that someone posted information as well as photos of "Bert's pool" at Facebook, including the actual little pier they fished from as Bert and Al discussed Bert leaping into the water to save young Al, even though Al could swim better.

Of course I have it! ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8392437245/in/set-72157632555880302
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are an implacable force! You will not be denied!

Wow. Now aren't you glad the b'ball is lousy? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    You were just browsing at Bing or Google's aerial maps and found it? You amaze me! Can't wait to see it.

Okay, I decided to tell the book's name. It's "The Pigeon Pie Mystery" by Julia Stuart. It's on the Oprah book club list, so some of you may have read it or heard of it. It's fairly new, published in the fall of 2012.

Yep, I was just sitting on the sofa last night watching the Tigers give away the game and decided to explore. I knew it was right on the coast somewhere so I snapped a few more screenshots from the episode to give me more background views and then started up the coast from Port Isaac. It didnt really take that long this time to find something that looked correct and as soon as I switched to street view and looked at the coastline, I knew I had it. The view of the house through the trees is a bit iffy, but the drive in from the road and the tree next to the parking pad nailed it.

I use Google Maps because Bing Maps are really squirrelly. Sometimes after I have found a location I will check Bing Maps to see if they have a clearer overhead shot. But only once in awhile will it give me a better look.

I'll have to check that book - sounds like fun looking for the DM connection!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Picture of Martin Clunes as a baby with his mother and father

I can't find this picture that was recently posted or linked to. Can whoever posted it do so again? Please.

I finally located the picture - back on May 24 - post 3086. I was back too far when originally searching.

Martin Clunes in a good mix of his mom and dad. The mouth is certainly from mom but those eyes and expression looks so much like his father.

I am sure there was discussion of this before but I did not remember that his father had abandoned the family. Art imitating life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    More spirals around MC projects

I was watching Doc Martin, Legend of the Cloutie last night - and I had not previously noticed 2 things.

The husband wanting to buy Tregrunnt is also Theo Wenns father
    The realtor's name is Shawcross , Rupert I think, but I only noticed it in the credits. I did not notice at first even though I had the subtitles on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member

No sound for me neither (as Louisa would say)

CC made another film in the nineties called "Look me in the eye" or something like that. As a fan I'd like to watch it. Any ideas where I can find it? It appears to have vanished.

I've looked on YouTube Netflix hulu amazon eBay???? Ive given up
  • Options
    Forum Member

Shop Girl, have you been to PI?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dmptrader wrote: »
    No sound for me neither (as Louisa would say)

CC made another film in the nineties called "Look me in the eye" or something like that. As a fan I'd like to watch it. Any ideas where I can find it? It appears to have vanished.

I've looked on YouTube Netflix hulu amazon eBay???? Ive given up

Same for me - and I almost did not recognize CC -
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mmDerdekea wrote: »

I was thinking of the times that her mother visited and said she was like a proper teacher - I did not see her so much as out of control here at school as DM kept on about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever written a story and then had the guts to share it with someone? I never had the guts until I found fan-fiction on the Internet.

What else does one need to write? Time and effort, a smudge of talent... Time is fleeting and every author has to make trade offs - watch a movie with your spouse or go hide on the computer, play with the cats, take a walk, ride a bike, cut the grass, and so on.

Effort - I am not a typist, so most of my typing is done with two fingers and the side on my thumb on the spacebar. My stories take a lot of effort to just get the darn things onto the screen.

Talent - does not hurt either! Just thinking about plots, characters, and settings can be painful and drawn-out.

Now here is the thing, a very crude analysis shows that on average for every ten folks that read my tales, one - yes ONE - leaves a review. Some are short, sweet, helpful, full of questions (some of those lead me to go on with stories or to add details or answers in later chapters).

So to an author (yes even me :) ) feedback is important. It is not exactly necessary, but it can be helpful, informative, and friendly. Like the PBS stations in the USA that make appeals for sponsors... leave a review. Okay?

Every author appreciates each and every one, even negative ones. Somewhere deep down in our twisted and solitary souls we NEED them!

So for each and every fanfic that you might read, if only TWO out of ten (thats 20%) of you leave a review - do the math. Reviews of all kinds, good and bad, double!

The review YOU leave today just might lead to that next fan fiction story that is begging to be written.

Thanks for the soapbox and I hope that this rant is not one. :)

Rob
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewart Wright (Mark Mylow) just tweeted that he'll be appearing in a new show, Love and Marriage, airing 9 p.m. (English time) this Wednesday and presumably on Wednesdays thereafter.
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Have you ever written a story and then had the guts to share it with someone? I never had the guts until I found fan-fiction on the Internet.

What else does one need to write? Time and effort, a smudge of talent... Time is fleeting and every author has to make trade offs - watch a movie with your spouse or go hide on the computer, play with the cats, take a walk, ride a bike, cut the grass, and so on.

Effort - I am not a typist, so most of my typing is done with two fingers and the side on my thumb on the spacebar. My stories take a lot of effort to just get the darn things onto the screen.

Talent - does not hurt either! Just thinking about plots, characters, and settings can be painful and drawn-out.

Now here is the thing, a very crude analysis shows that on average for every ten folks that read my tales, one - yes ONE - leaves a review. Some are short, sweet, helpful, full of questions (some of those lead me to go on with stories or to add details or answers in later chapters).

So to an author (yes even me :) ) feedback is important. It is not exactly necessary, but it can be helpful, informative, and friendly. Like the PBS stations in the USA that make appeals for sponsors... leave a review. Okay?

Every author appreciates each and every one, even negative ones. Somewhere deep down in our twisted and solitary souls we NEED them!

So for each and every fanfic that you might read, if only TWO out of ten (thats 20%) of you leave a review - do the math. Reviews of all kinds, good and bad, double!

The review YOU leave today just might lead to that next fan fiction story that is begging to be written.

Thanks for the soapbox and I hope that this rant is not one. :)

Rob

I will do it Rob. I've never "signed up" and I presume you have to do so in order to leave comments or follow someone?
This discussion has been closed.