Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally by the quote, I would rather have the official announcement that Tom Baker is in the 50th rather than Matt leaving. In an ideal world... ^^'
  • Options
    C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Consider this also: DWOnline have been known for exaggerating in the past. They recently upgraded their forums, so the regeneration quote may have been talking about that.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    Consider this also: DWOnline have been known for exaggerating in the past. They recently upgraded their forums, so the regeneration quote may have been talking about that.

They already tweeted about the New forums going live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Oh all of this suspense is killing me
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    If there was an announcement, you'd think they'd at least tell when it will be revealed, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C. Samurai wrote: »

Weren't these also the guys who 'revealed' the big super special announcement at the BAFTAS. That didn't happen.?

Of course, it could be a proper announcement of series 8 with the news it also signals the end of Moffat's time in charge and who is taking over ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    If there was an announcement, you'd think they'd at least tell when it will be revealed, wouldn't you?

They said a few hours, ergh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Weren't these also the guys who 'revealed' the big super special announcement at the BAFTAS. That didn't happen.?

Of course, it could be a proper announcement of series 8 with the news it also signals the end of Moffat's time in charge and who is taking over ;)

Despite Series 8 already having a proper announcement with Moffat confirmed to be in charge? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Despite Series 8 already having a proper announcement with Moffat confirmed to be in charge? :p

I didn't think the BBC HAD actually officially announced series 8 yet, hence why Moffat made a statement at the BAFTAS.

And I meant series 8 being Moffat's swag song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think the BBC HAD actually officially announced series 8 yet, hence why Moffat made a statement at the BAFTAS.

I know it's a typo but that made me chuckle... the idea of Moff trying to get the Tardis into a swag bag upon his departure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We’re delighted to confirm a new series of Doctor Who has been commissioned and the show’s lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, has revealed he’s already plotting a brand new run of adventures for the Doctor.

But way before that hits our screens we have a huge amount to look forward to. Your calendars should already have a big red circle around 23 November because that’s when the TARDIS returns in the frankly Earth-shattering adventure that celebrates half a century of Doctor Who. This 3D special stars Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman with David Tennant and John Hurt...

Bleeding Cool
    According to our sources, the BBC are tonight going to announce that Matt Smith is leaving the show and that we’ll get a new Doctor as of August next year. They’ll also be announcing how many new episodes we’ll get, and it won’t be one of those cut-in-two seasons like we’ve just been through. In fact, we’ve heard talk that it’s going to run right up to a finale that is also the Christmas special.
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have minded him leaving this year if he'd actually managed four series as the doctor. But instead, thanks to these annoying gaps in production, he's only managed 3 series over 4 years (he started filming mid-2009)

I thought at the time they signed him up with the intention of him being the doctor for the long term? Especially after they got burned with CE's 1 series and DT's sooner than expected departure?

And actually he's ended up leaving about two years before his predecessor did, as well as doing less actual episodes than DT.

'Memo to beeb, put a 5 year *minimum* on that contract for the next guy to play the doctor' :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torry_Z wrote: »
    I know it's a typo but that made me chuckle... the idea of Moff trying to get the Tardis into a swag bag upon his departure.

:D

I'm so proud of that one.

If the Bleeding Cool 'spoiler' is true then, as I previously said, the Christmas special is essentially redundant and being got rid of. It didn't seem to make sense to have a full series reach a finale and then a random unrelated episode a week later.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    I am not new to digital spy I have been viewing these forums since 2006 including the spoiler thread. Recently within the last year people have been posting stuff that is not relevant to spoilers in the spoiler thread I remember one time benefits were mentioned on a spoiler thread. I am not against free speech or discussion but why on earth do you discuss benefits on a doctor who spoiler thread rather than in a politics section? Also by making topics more visible you are attracting a wider audience. By posting random discussion in the spoiler thread you are excluding people who avoid spoilers from non spoiler discussion or people who are more knowledgeable in the areas being discussed who don't go on the doctor who section. Limiting the audience makes discussions more boring in my opinion. Plus it annoys people like me who want a spoiler thread about spoilers and discussion and speculation from those spoilers. The people asking me to consider other people's views have themselves not considered people who want a more concise spoiler thread. I have not said anywhere people cannot discuss Doctor Who on this forum. Also I do not like the personal comments about me especially by jimbo_bob I certainly do not want to be compared with him, not everyone is the same. Also the accusations by Pull2Open were not acceptable and I take it that the person doesn't work for a law firm. As far as I am concerned that is the end of the matter.

:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sorry that my assessment of you was not acceptable to you but then again, I never thought it would be! However, they are accurate!

As someone has already aptly observed, your post is self centred, self important and arrogant hot air!

Either, report me for my observations or sue me and simply stop making an eras of yourself!

Edit: To everyone else, sorry for dragging this back up, I have only just seen it!
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bleeding Cool
    According to our sources, the BBC are tonight going to announce that Matt Smith is leaving the show and that we’ll get a new Doctor as of August next year. They’ll also be announcing how many new episodes we’ll get, and it won’t be one of those cut-in-two seasons like we’ve just been through. In fact, we’ve heard talk that it’s going to run right up to a finale that is also the Christmas special.
    Obviously untrue! That would mean a series lasting over 16 weeks.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And actually he's ended up leaving about two years before his predecessor did, as well as doing less actual episodes than DT.

'Memo to beeb, put a 5 year *minimum* on that contract for the next guy to play the doctor' :p

Two years before? How? David Tennant did 4 years, 3 series and a bunch of specials. As of this year Smith's done 4 years, 3 series and a few specials. Less episodes overall but not that much different time wise.

I very much doubt many actors would sign 5 years of their life away at once.

Matt Smith himself said he likes to take each year as it comes and not think too far ahead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good point! I would love to see a later starting season tbh...September ie the 'new season' season!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Good point! I would love to see a later starting season tbh...September ie the 'new season' season!

Oh dear, we'll be having mid season breaks over Christmas and a finale during "May sweeps" too. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just had that minor revelation a moment ago. Yeah with only 12 eps and the last one double as the Christmas episode the series wouldn't need to start again until October.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Oh dear, we'll be having mid season breaks over Christmas and a finale during "May sweeps" too. :rolleyes:

Not exactly an unknown arrangement for Doctor Who!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Not exactly an unknown arrangement for Doctor Who!

That's my point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    That's my point.

WHOOSH :o
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! A perfect year for Doctor Who. An anniversary year and a regeneration year. Can't wait to see who's been cast. Richard Coyle anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the people that brought you Matt Smith's departure many, many weeks ago - months, even, bring you Ben Daniels... again.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the people that brought you Matt Smith's departure many, many weeks ago - months, even, bring you Ben Daniels... again.
    The thing is Matt Smith's three-year contract has been common knowledge for a long time. Whether he would stay or go after Series 7 was always going to be a 50:50 toss. Unsurprisingly, approximately half the rumour-mongers "confirmed" Matt would stay while the other half predicted his departure correctly.

Now, if someone has indeed predicted Ben Daniels correctly, that would be rather more impressive. However, I suspect Daniels will be this year's Bill Nighy or Paterson Joseph.
This discussion has been closed.