Options

Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rua is god wrote: »
    They really should be avoiding the mid-florida area for a bit though, being taped 45mins from Tampa for so many years probably still hasn't made people miss it enough to make an effort to come out and see it.

I always hated it when WCW went into Florida because the shows there always drew less then everywhere else, I've always had it in my head that Florida is one of the worst places to draw a wrestling crowd, TNA should avoid.
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/2znpdh3.jpg

Here's another of picture inside the arena, when Mickie won last night.

Here's the Impact Zone at the moment.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh491/SimonBegz/impactzone_zps655cb06c.jpg
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it appears AJ isn't joining A&8's then. Good decision. Keep him on the loner storyline. Though the fact that A&8's assumed he had already joined sort of gave away the fact that AJ wasn't going to join them.

Looks as though Brooke may be having second thoughts about Bully Ray. I know it was mentioned on this thread previously that Brooke could switch allegiance and join Bully in A&8's. Following this week's Impact that could certainly happen following Brooke's reaction to Bully's declaration. It would certainly add some intrigue to the current storyline.

It's pretty obvious Mickie is on the verge of turning heel if she hasn't done so already following her title win. The way she talked to Brooke last week about feeling that she was annoyed about not getting the opportunities in TNA, leading to Brooke giving her a title shot against an injured Velvet Sky and then this week suggesting to Velvet that she would offer to have the match moved, when it was clear she had no intention to made it certain that Mickie was becoming heel. Again though she has been a face for so long it may provide some freshness to her character and the Knockouts Division.

Great to see Gunner back. This guy really became a great wrestler last year, first with his TV title reign and then his strong performance in the BFG series. Wouldn't mind at all to see him and Storm winning the Tag Team Championship.

Speaking of the Tag Team division. TNA is really putting some effort into it at the moment. James Storm, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and Daniels and Kazarian, top wrestlers in the company, are all currently involved in a feud for the Tag Team titles. Eventually they will likely return to singles competition at some point but it's great to see the Tag Titles being considered so important at the moment by TNA.

Even though it was a blatant rip off gimmick. Shark Boy's "Shell Yeah" and Kick some Bass" was still funny. It would be great to see him more often.

Some great X-Division action as usual, and a great match also between Anderson and Angle.

Slammiversary could certainly be a great PPV for TNA.

Yeah does look like Mickies going to turn heel, especially after she took Velvets leg out from under her to win the title, then just walked out of the ring without going to check on her, shake her hand or anything like they would normally do when they beat a good friend.

Was obvious AJ wasn't joining the 8's, could see it a mile off, i was just waiting for him to start bashing them, thought he would have started it when they gave him his cut tbh, thought he would have thrown it over Bully, then started swinging at them all, :p and you can deffo see somethings going to happen with Brooke and Bully.

I still can't get over all the mistakes right through it though, what a car crash, first Sting started stuttering like hell, totally messed his lines up, so to save he said hes that fired up he can't talk or something, then Bully messed up, went to call Brooke, Hogan.

X-divison match was just like they were going through a rehearsal, was all slow etc..., Angle got pinned by Anderson to early, so they had to carry on until the correct end.

Gunner picked Robbie up in a torture rack, but couldn't get his arm around him, could see him flailing his arm about for ages trying to get him, which he eventually did so Robbie could start his flailing about :D

Knockouts match timings was wrong as well, could see them waiting ages for their opponent, like when Mickie got Velvet sitting on the floor, she was there for ages just looking around for her, until Mickie eventually came and kicked her.

Magnus messed up on picking wes up, he failed the first time so had to do it again, and loved it at the end when Angle timed his run into the ring all wrong, he came flying in under the ropes when no one was looking, and so was just lying there for ages before they saw he was there to start bashing him, and even the commentators were taken by surprise then. :D

Was even no atmosphere due to the low crowd, could only hear about a handful of people cheering etc..., and it was all echoing around the big empty arena.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixie has announced in Twitter that they've signed a "big free agent", likely to debut on live Impact next week.

Any guesses?

I'm thinking John Morrison. But it could just be RVD again.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Chris Masters?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully this weeks was better :)
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could the word "big" be a clue? In so much as it could be someone tall?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trytan. :D
  • Options
    AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hacksaw jim duggan TNA will never beat WWE he claims in interview with Aberdeen paper.
    WWE legend claim no one will ever come first to Vince's enterprise.His family just live and eat wrestling everyday.As TNA just try's and does Impact every night,And looks at there rating and doing what WCW did past mistake.Ask if he watched TNA he said I like there young talent.But to much Ex WWE stars fills it up to much.And they keep there eyes off younger talent.Unlike what WWE is doing right now with the Shield and CM Punk and The upcoming talent I find more enjoy able.No one going to beat WWE everybody want to work for them,even Hulk Hogan and Superman.The only way I would see another company competing with WWE is if a big billionaire say like Donald trump,Bought out a Indie company and started from scratch.And got guys and girls to stay true to the company,and not walk out like they did in WCW.But I can't see that happening but in the future who knows.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Needs to be something big. Ratings are falling badly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just imagine the reaction, if it was Cena! :D:D (I know it won't be before anyone says so!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just imagine the reaction, if it was Cena! :D:D (I know it won't be before anyone says so!)

They need ratings up not down! Haha

I hope it's not some washed up name on a huge paycheck for nothing or another WWE reject
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its Rey Mysterio
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good show before the PPV.

It seems obvious that Chris Sabin is going to win the X-Division Championship. It's well deserved after all the work he has put in to get back into wrestling but its been great to see Kenny King develop whilst holding the championship.

Also it appears Joseph Park is going to become the TV champion as no one is really giving him a chance to win it.

The PPV card looks really good though with all the matches on there and Slammiversary should be a good show.

Styles and Angle and the Tag Team Championship should be really great matches on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can they keep Park around, when "The Monster" has now come back??
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw Slammiversary last night - for anyone watching on Wednesday, you are in for a treat. Brilliant PPV, best one TNA has had in at least a year I'd say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The show was good. Scary thing is the Women's match was one of the best matches of the night.

Supposedly, attendance last night was around 3,000

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/7893_10152910358535227_79611987_n.jpg
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i long for the days when wrestlers jump ship between the two companies

be amazing if free agent was rey mysterio but even john morrison will be welcome

what ratings is impact pulling in on thursdays? shame if its still 1.0 and below, they have been conssitently good for 8-9 months now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rey Mysterio would be a disaster, the bloke is dead on his legs, his merchandising sales are next to nothing, hence the rise of ADR in the WWE.

It would do nothing but drive the idea that TNA is where the WWE's unwanted go for a paycheck which it's not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes not even big, hes only about 4ft if that, isnt he :D
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    name recognition is what matters,not match quality, use your business heads not 80s booker heads!

my lil nephews always asking where rey is, i have no doubt he would be huge boost to TNA x divsion or main event picture.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i long for the days when wrestlers jump ship between the two companies

be amazing if free agent was rey mysterio but even john morrison will be welcome

what ratings is impact pulling in on thursdays? shame if its still 1.0 and below, they have been conssitently good for 8-9 months now

Mysterio has 2 knackered knees and could offer nothing to TNA.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todd keneley has been released by TNA, it just back to Tazz and Mike. On my phone so can't post link

Wish it was Tazz they let go
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The major signing is Rampage Jackson, signed to Spike for both MMA and pro wrestling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    The major signing is Rampage Jackson, signed to Spike for both MMA and pro wrestling.

Yeah just read that, I'm not a big mma fan so had to google his name, signed with both TNA and bellator