Options

Just got ID'd for a PG... pathetic!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because you like Doctor Who, it does not necessarily mean you are 7yrs old. :(
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I got ID'd for a Saga holiday. To be fair, they caught me out. :o
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Just because you like Doctor Who, it does not necessarily mean you are 7yrs old. :(

I does seem odd though, that they should require you to be an adult to buy a DVD of something which is a childrens' drama series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in a supermarket and I've never asked anyone for ID for a PG film. I use my judgement when it comes to 12/15 as not many people that age have ID, I know I'd never take my passport out at that age to get a film. It sounds to me as if the person serving you had been warned for serving people underage films and they were being stupidly cautious.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As was mentioned, Asda do operate the Think 25 policy, see:- http://your.asda.com/news-and-blogs/alcohol-test-purchasing
    but that doesn't specifically mention PG movies, just
    Asda’s policy is to always ask for ID if you look younger than 25 to prove you are over 18 in relation to alcohol, tobacco, fireworks etc.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matty168 wrote: »
    When I was about 15 I got ID'd for a cricket game which was a 3+ I couldn't believe it!!

nor do i

:cool:
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can buy anything and the staff barely look at me never mind asking me for I.D :(
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can buy anything and the staff barely look at me never mind asking me for I.D :(

The fact that you're in your sixties kind of negates your overwhelming contribution to this thread...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I got ID'd for a 15 when I was 19. I was like are you joking?! I am 19. I showed them my passport and lets just say they looked embarrassed.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I brought the London 2012 DVD at a self-serve check-out, and they had the "customer is clearly over 25" [even though I'm 22]. The rating: E - standing for "exempt".
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worked in a school in the UK for a year and we weren't allowed to show any PG rated films, only the G/ U rated ones, so I can easily believe the OP.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the charity shop where I volunteer it's generally adults buying dvds but I have had the odd occasion where a teenage-looking youngster has come to the till and I've asked for ID. One was buying a 15 movie, she showed me her student union card with photo which showed she was 17. One girl actually showed me ID before I even started ringing the films up in order to avoid any misunderstanding. She was buying a mix of 15's and 18's. I said to her that had they all been 15's I wouldn't have asked as she looked to be at least 15 in my opinion. I also had one pair of kids who didn't look any older than 9 or 10 trying to buy a 12 movie- I refused the sale as neither could show me any ID. Generally if the kid brings it to the counter as long as I can see there's a parent or adult with them then I'll allow the sale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    I worked in a school in the UK for a year and we weren't allowed to show any PG rated films, only the G/ U rated ones, so I can easily believe the OP.

My class were shown 18 rated movies in secondary school, when I was only 16 or 17. I wasn't happy about it but I didn't want to be made fun of or shouted at for being the only one to put my hand up and say I didn't want to watch it (I wonder how many others felt the same way and didnt want to watch them either? who knows).
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that you're in your sixties kind of negates your overwhelming contribution to this thread...

sixties! :O I'm turning forty this year. You've made me feel worse than the staff in Tesco ever could :(
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    My class were shown 18 rated movies in secondary school, when I was only 16 or 17. I wasn't happy about it but I didn't want to be made fun of or shouted at for being the only one to put my hand up and say I didn't want to watch it (I wonder how many others felt the same way and didnt want to watch them either? who knows).

What was the objection to the film? Just that it was rated 18 or the content of the movie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    What was the objection to the film? Just that it was rated 18 or the content of the movie?

They were horror movies and back then I'd normally watch those alone, so I can switch them off if I get scared :o I didnt really want to watch such movies in a room of other people when I couldnt stop it myself. I stopped watching such movies after being grossed out too much at about that age.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats why online shopping is the future
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »

Don't you mean the present?:D
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    I does seem odd though, that they should require you to be an adult to buy a DVD of something which is a childrens' drama series.

Doctor Who a children's programme....that's fighting talk where I'm from! :p:D
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »

Do you know you would still get asked for id :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    Do you know you would still get asked for id :D:D:D:D:D

Not for a PG you wouldn't!
  • Options
    frankie_babyfrankie_baby Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago took a lot of arguing to get a cinema to let me take my 9 year old brother in to see terminator 3, staff in places are often very ignorant of what the age rules actually are
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago took a lot of arguing to get a cinema to let me take my 9 year old brother in to see terminator 3, staff in places are often very ignorant of what the age rules actually are

Wasn't Terminator 3 a '12' - and came out before '12A' was introduced? :confused:
  • Options
    frankie_babyfrankie_baby Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Wasn't Terminator 3 a '12' - and came out before '12A' was introduced? :confused:

No it was a 12a
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Doctor Who a children's programme....that's fighting talk where I'm from! :p:D

Are you from Gallifrey? :cool: