Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
http://horrorchannel.co.uk/shows.php?title=Wonder Woman

That's the Lynda Carter version not the dreadful remake from a few years back

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    On the HORROR channel??!!!! LOL Still haven't got used to channels no longer offering programming relating to the genre they are meant to be covering LOL
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    http://horrorchannel.co.uk/shows.php?title=Wonder Woman

That's the Lynda Carter version not the dreadful remake from a few years back

Strange choice of channel but looking forward to watching it again.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,421
    Forum Member
    spaintv wrote: »
    On the HORROR channel??!!!! LOL Still haven't got used to channels no longer offering programming relating to the genre they are meant to be covering LOL

To their credit, the Horror Channel does put on a fair bit of sci fi content in the form of both series and films.
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »

Yes Horror really stands for Horror and/or Sci-Fi.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, a show I will actually watch

I downloaded a few episodes last year. One of the campest shows I have ever seen in my life but I actually really liked it. I shall set SERIES RECORD.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Horror really stands for Horror and/or Sci-Fi.

Xena: Warrior Princess doesn't fit in either category so it should Horror, Sci-Fi and Fantasy :D
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They show a lot of similar material earlier in the evenings, with the horror later.

I'd like the channel more if it were HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xena: Warrior Princess doesn't fit in either category so it should Horror, Sci-Fi and Fantasy :D

I agree, although fantasy is often subsumed by sci-fi in media labelled "sci-fi."

I guess it's difficult to come up with a short snappy name for a TV channel that shows all three.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I'd like the channel more if it were HD.

I suppose it might happen at some point. But all the CBS channels could do with higher PQ, even if just to the standard of terrestrial SD.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Umm. Lynda Carter.

Ashamedly very camp and it works.

How about bringing back Doc Savage?
  • Options
    The_SmegThe_Smeg Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    why is this show on a horror channel, when there is no horror in it
    just a kids fantasy
    whats next the a team
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh who cares what the cannel is called!! It's Wonder Woman!

Series link already set :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lynda Carter was made for this role.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should the show be in 4:3? When I turned it on it was 16:9 unless it's been cropped?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Smeg wrote: »
    why is this show on a horror channel, when there is no horror in it
    just a kids fantasy
    whats next the a team

In 2006, the sci-fi channel in the US, it's highest rated show was wrestling.

People complained about it, which did nothing but lead WWE to try to add sci-fi elements to the wrestling. Which was odd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well horror channel has been airing sci-fi shows such as The Twilight Zone, Xena, Angel and Firefly for years before they even acquired Wonder Woman it's a little late to get hung up about the channel name now
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I keep missing it.

Need to catch an episode at some point this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, although fantasy is often subsumed by sci-fi in media labelled "sci-fi."

I guess it's difficult to come up with a short snappy name for a TV channel that shows all three.:)

I suppose they could change the name to the Cult Channel which would fit all three genres we've mentioned
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    the horror channel not like it used be when did it start when it started with Friday 13 and cheesein horror moves from 70and 80s like evil dead 1 and 2
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 2 is being shown now, this is set in the present (70s) rather than WW2 like Season 1.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,407
    Forum Member
    The Horror Channel should rebrand as CULT TV or something like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horror Channel are finally getting round to showing season 3 starting from next Wednesday

http://horrorchannel.co.uk/shows.php?title=New%20Adventures%20Of%20Wonder%20Woman&episode=308444
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horror Channel are finally getting round to showing season 3 starting from next Wednesday

http://horrorchannel.co.uk/shows.php?title=New%20Adventures%20Of%20Wonder%20Woman&episode=308444

That's the one with the crap theme music isn't it?

(And less appearences of Diana Prince wearing glasses, but no one twigs she & WW bear a striking resembalance to one another, apart from the one episode in the previous series where the villians twig so!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    That's the one with the crap theme music isn't it?

(And less appearences of Diana Prince wearing glasses, but no one twigs she & WW bear a striking resembalance to one another, apart from the one episode in the previous series where the villians twig so!)

Be fair the inhabitants of DC Comics world are notoriously stupid... after all they don't realise that Clark Kent is Superman
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Be fair the inhabitants of DC Comics world are notoriously stupid... after all they don't realise that Clark Kent is Superman

It's not that they're stupid it's just that it's an inherent aspect of that universe that glasses (and eye masks) are an impenetrable disguise :D