Options

OMG! Eggs thrown by Instrument player during performance! How did she get there?

Comments

• Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OmG!!!!1111 U R Sow RIGHT!!@!

CANT beliv the SHEEPLE fell 4 it.

Ha Ha looosers!!!!!!!111

gilliedew wrote: »
    Cynical me but when Cowell walked on I thought, he is scruffy for a final,

Them, OMG someone throws an egg at him

You cannot fool all the people all of the time, Cowell
  • Options
    ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    With all due respect, throwing an egg from a moving vehicle is rather different to throwing eggs from a good few metres away whilst stood on a stage.

Get the shell at the wrong angle in your eye and the distance can be irrelevant. The problem is that these sort of things are thought to be harmless and funny until something goes wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    And I'm in the camp of those who can't believe that anyone would find it genuine. Typical Cowell tactics - anything to get publicity for the show - I also think it shows who he is rooting for. I really like these guys, but would like the ventrilloquist to win.

Typical Cowell tactics is putting down the acts he is threatened by or just not giving enough production money for their stage time, something like that. The one act he won't want to win is the ventriloquist who can not make him money by signing a record deal.. Francine he probably fancies too much and I don't think Simon Cowell is that greedy to purposefully sabotage a young boys act.

And again it's Simon Cowell - if he did it on purpose he would not of done it so it hit himself, he'd have done it so it hit anybody part from him, or at least do something that didn't create mess.

I'm not Simon's biggest fan so I'm surprised I'm defending him... but I seriously can't see how Simon or the producers fixed something like this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Simon didn't omelette it get to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    She is going to be all over the papers and media for this. Anyone saying this is the end for her should think again. Celebrity big brother would take her in a heart beat.

I was just about to say! She'll end up on CBB or something ;)
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Umm, tv people ALWAYS want more publicity. Especially with the Voice etc on last night. Didnt you see twitter being loaded with things about that egg? The fact that everyone is rewinding the show to see it, the newspaper articles, publicity on other TV shows.

The people in the control room and Cowell are probably counting their bonus's atm and picking their Ferrari models.

The Voice hit its all-time lowest ratings last night. It is no longer a concern to BGT. I really don't think they NEEDED to do a publicity stunt, and if they did I can't imagine they would have had it aimed at Simon. That just doesn't seem like the kind of thing he'd be happy with.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. When does Cowell ever wear jeans for a final of these shows? Almost like he was expecting egg juice all over it.

I'm of the opinion that it was not staged. Simon was very shaken by the incident, you could tell by his voice.

I guess head of security will be collecting their p45 tonight
  • Options
    10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did poor Simon ever do to deserve that? He has no enemies.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Get a sense of humour or get off Digital Spy, it was only eggs and on Live TV it was funny.

Who do you think you are, telling other peole to get off DS? :rolleyes:

In your opinion, it was funny. In others', it was disgusting behaviour.

Oh and eggs do hurt for anyone who thinks they don't.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously can't see how Simon or the producers fixed something like this.

bottom line is - they didn't.
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, it's no yolk.
    sofieellis wrote: »

• Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That wasnt staged, what would be the point, tonight is the final so it wont affect anything else after. At least all she threw was eggs, security will be getting there p45's tonight.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you watch it closely, the moment the stage door opens, out she comes. The moment it happened, I bet the ratings had a huge spike because of people tweeting about it. Simon Cowell will be loving it. His show will get an amazing rating (my prediction) and be all over the papers.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 40,240
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    So he would quite happily compromise the final to allow someone to throw eggs at him, still speechless

Oh come on - this is so-oo Simon Cowell, you know, the one who says he's getting married - just before one of his shows starts. :rolleyes: This was a good one though - good on ya Simon! :D
  • Options
    TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Just because Simon's not in a full suit doesn't mean it's fixed. He's got millions in the bank, why would he care about getting egged in a posh suit when he could just by a new one?

I doubt that was fixed.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clatter wrote: »
    Get the shell at the wrong angle in your eye and the distance can be irrelevant. The problem is that these sort of things are thought to be harmless and funny until something goes wrong.

I agree. Plus they could have been hard boiled which could have caused a serious injury
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I think they were relieved she wasn't throwing the eggs at them.

Bit of a weird non reaction from them, during and after .
    I mean credit to them for carrying on but there was literally no reaction at all, not a pause or comment at the end or anything....
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    sofieellis wrote: »

Your life must be so dull
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,123
    Forum Member
    I think if it was fixed then it would have happened in between the acts or at some other time in the show, I don't think even Simon would want to risk accusations of sabotaging Richard and Adam's performance. Now that really would be damaging to the show.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that it was not staged. Simon was very shaken by the incident, you could tell by his voice.

I guess head of security will be collecting their p45 tonight

For sure:D
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and this is supposedly her website: http://www.natalieholtmusic.com/about/

Looks a very professional woman
    What a bizarre thing to do and possible damage her career. She didn't look generally angry or anything?
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.natalieholtmusic.com/

Waste of a career... She seems like she is quite successful
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Simon wore jeans as he was going to get egged and he can't afford to ruin a suit on top of all the other production costs of the series? Ok, that's proof enough for me...
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Umm, tv people ALWAYS want more publicity. Especially with the Voice etc on last night. Didnt you see twitter being loaded with things about that egg? The fact that everyone is rewinding the show to see it, the newspaper articles, publicity on other TV shows.

The people in the control room and Cowell are probably counting their bonus's atm and picking their Ferrari models.

The show is finished.

Publicity for what? There's no more.

It's the final.

In the semi-finals, your reasoning would make sense, but it's the final. They would want publicity BEFORE the show, not during/after, when it's too late.