Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    citytillidiecitytillidie Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    The IKEA ad completely disturbs me. My dad says that it is IKEA discriminating the English because gnomes are English. I preferred the Playing With My Friends and the Living Together ads.

I was in Wales the other week on holiday and came across the Train Track advert. Obviously I turned over very quickly as I know what happens and I have not even seen the full ad. I don't like these sorts of adverts. Also, there is no need. Obviously people are going to be careful of trains unless they are absolutely stupid.

Also, Go Compare ads are totally cringeworthy and awkward and the radio one is also strange. It's like they made it in 5 seconds.

I agree with Santander. It seems like the customers are creeped out which kinds of contradicts what they are trying to do. Also, when Jessica Ennis is with man with the shirt and shoes that she doen't approve of. If that was Jenson Button with a girl, there probably would be many complaints.

Also, I have come across some ads that are like what the hell yesterday. Cannot remember what they advertise though.

And to lighten the mood:
    How may I save you pounds?
    I love that advert :D It makes me laugh so much.

I take you have never seen the road safety adds in Ireland they are much worse than the train track one
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The McDonalds ad is the weirdest at the moment an old bloke sits in a McDonalds and sees a teen lad and gives eye
    contact then smiles and the lad smiles back.

What the hell is that all about?

I don't think a sequel or a what happens next would be approriate McDonalds. :eek:
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The postcode Lottery advert where the woman goes "Derek we're off ta Benidorm" does anyone else shout "good don't come back!!!"

Yes I do, her voice grates on me and I'm staying well away from Benidorm.
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

See, i'm still unsure if Kris Jenner is the guy or the woman....now he comes in and says Kris Jenner and claps, so it must be her and maybe he's Bruce....but who is the young lad? I don't care.....but....yeah it does my head in too - all of them and I only know them from the repeated ads!

I hate myself for this...

Kris is the mother, so yeah, the oldest woman we see.

Bruce is the oldest male we see.

The name of the young lad is Rob I think unless it is Lamar, the husband of one of the Kardashian brood. Or Scott, a long term boyfriend and father of 2 of the babies. I don't tend to watch that advert as I despise it.

Anyway... I'm gonna go stick my head in some bleach in a bid to remove this information from my head.

On topic, I DESPISE the advert with the mum and son. He's cooking the steak and goes mental because he could afford steak? My student friends can all afford steak... pretty sure it's not too hard??
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,699
    Forum Member
    Yes that advert is way too suggestive with that image. Yoghurt adverts in general are ridiculous.

Not to mention the similar Gaviscon advert where the animated version sprays in the girl's mouth :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Oxfam advert grates for me , mute button next time it appears.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    The advert where the boy is describing Why his mum and dad need a house to have him. I don't understand the point of this advert or remember what it is advertising, all I know that it is weird and the boy annoying.

Also if I ever see that professor Green ad...... I will not be responsible for my actions

Don't start me on the ridiculous professor Green !
  • Options
    don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Don't know if the "Nice & Easy" hair shampoo/colouring has been mentioned but it is another silly one. The husband lists all the things they have been through (house moves, jobs etc) in their lives and he now has greying hair but his wife looks as good as ever because .....(she dyes her hair)! Doh!:rolleyes:

Maybe "Just for Men" should make a sequel! :D
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The McDonalds ad is the weirdest at the moment an old bloke sits in a McDonalds and sees a teen lad and gives eye
    contact then smiles and the lad smiles back.

What the hell is that all about?

I don't think a sequel or a what happens next would be approriate McDonalds. :eek:

Despite all the differences between those two, they are united in the way they dump their fries into the empty compartment of their burger boxes.

Like I do.

I think it's a beautiful and valid depiction of harmony in our time.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those kids can shove their cokes up Mike's arse.
  • Options
    SuddenEliteSuddenElite Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Me? I'm Off To Venice With The Girls
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite all the differences between those two, they are united in the way they dump their fries into the empty compartment of their burger boxes.

Like I do.

United in the love of junk food! Lol! Ha. The advert makes me cringe like no other!

Thank god confused .com have dumped the dreadful Cara animations!
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm tired of Paul Whitehouse donning stupid costumes to look exactly like Paul Whitehouse in a stupid costume for no other reason than to flog insurance.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats going on with GoCompare? just weird at the moment, but its good they take the p*ss out of themselves
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know if the "Nice & Easy" hair shampoo/colouring has been mentioned but it is another silly one. The husband lists all the things they have been through (house moves, jobs etc) in their lives and he now has greying hair but his wife looks as good as ever because .....(she dyes her hair)! Doh!:rolleyes:

Maybe "Just for Men" should make a sequel! :D

I don't mind that advert, what really grates on me is the way he refers to babies as "NEWBORNS"
    WTF ?? Does ANYONE say "Newborns ??
    Just edit the ad so that line is cut out !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The postcode Lottery advert where the woman goes "Derek we're off ta Benidorm" does anyone else shout "good don't come back!!!"

That advert is a very useful public service....I find its informative nature evry helpful.

How else would I know to avoid Benidorm?
  • Options
    SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    The boots ad is a bit weird. The little boy has put his lotion on and is on the beach and the creepy man clutching binoculars in the sand dunes says "lets get closer..." :eek:

Unfortunate editing.
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like I do.

Yes if it wasn't for Macdonalds young people and old people would never get on, or ever give each other the eye.

I for one don't want to live in that sort of world.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonpig.com - get your father what he *really* wants for Father's day.

I doubt my father would want alcohol for Father's Day, seeing as he doesn't drink anything harder than coffee.
  • Options
    Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sealeg wrote: »
    The boots ad is a bit weird. The little boy has put his lotion on and is on the beach and the creepy man clutching binoculars in the sand dunes says "lets get closer..." :eek:

Unfortunate editing.

I haven't seen that one but I'm cringing at the thought of it.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'father's day' coke ad. Buy your dad a coke with his name on it!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bet most Dad's with be wanting a bottle of rare whisky or rum to go with that at least
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Moonpig.com - get your father what he *really* wants for Father's day.

Yeah, a heart attack, hopefully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes if it wasn't for Macdonalds young people and old people would never get on, or ever give each other the eye.

I for one don't want to live in that sort of world.

...you do know that irony isn't the art of pressing your shirts, don't you? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god confused .com have dumped the dreadful Cara animations!

Yes.

On their new ads, was I mishearing that robot saying "I've been pleasured!"?
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...you do know that irony isn't the art of pressing your shirts, don't you? ;)

I was being sarcastic.
This discussion has been closed.