Options

The One Direction Appreciation Thread (7)

Comments

• Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    So all that weeping and wailing from UK fans and all for nothing........Oh wait they will be saying management listened to them :D

I guessed that would happen. The rumours of a set list change got posted on those update accounts with no official conformation and it ends up getting all the young fans into a needless tizwaz. I don't believe any of them anymore. I just follow them for the nice pics of the boys.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A video of the crowd in front of the studio yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViFBkCjQ0GY&feature=youtu.be

It kind of goes to show that all that stalking takes a long time and that the return on investment is truly minimal (not that I blame the boys: they had been working on something *secret* for the entire day, there was absolutely no meet & greet planned and there were far too many fans for the boys to go mingle).

I fogot this vital piece of information:
    Harry Styles has George Michael lyrics ‘Never gonna dance again’ tattooed on his ankles!
    From the unlinkable website: http ://www.un realitytv.co.uk/reality-tv/one-direction-2013-harry-styles-has-george-michael-lyrics-never-gonna-dance-again-tattooed-on-his-ankles-what-are-his-feet-guilty-of/
    You know you couldn't live on without knowing that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I guessed that would happen. The rumours of a set list change got posted on those update accounts with no official conformation and it ends up getting all the young fans into a needless tizwaz. I don't believe any of them anymore. I just follow them for the nice pics of the boys.

I agree, they are great for certain things (pics, videos), but they seem to turn into gossip mongers without even noticing it...
    They think that they are informing but there is a lot of "appearently", and those rumours then spread like wild fire. People end up thinking that the info is confirmed when they have read 3 or 4 update accounts repeating it (when they are just copying/pasting eachother).
    Then again, the young people running those accounts have grown up seeing a certain type of press doing just that and getting away with it, so... why would they know better?

Edit: a pic from today of Harry outside the same studio as yesterday (that's how it's labelled): https://twitter.com/1DAlerts/status/345222830557892608/photo/1
    More time in the studio: the idea of the music video at least makes more sense now :)
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone seen the pics of the stand-in for the boys? lolz!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »

I have just found this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2340781/One-Direction-hair-doubles--stand-just-shots-behind.html :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Zayn one looks nothing like him. :D

maybe they just chose from those who auditioned, lolz!! :o

they should have flown in harry's lookalike from UK. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zayn today in Miami. He's beautiful but he looks so thin :eek:
    I thought he was trying to bulk up a bit. ? :eek:

http://twitter.com/Go1DenUpdates/status/345252161246085121/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zayn today in Miami. He's beautiful but he looks so thin :eek:
    I thought he was trying to bulk up a bit. ? :eek:

http://twitter.com/Go1DenUpdates/status/345252161246085121/photo/1

OMG, I hope it's the angle of the picture! those legs look anorexic... The boy needs to eat some more!

Actually, some people seemed concerned about Louis for the same reason, he would look to thin (and smile less...). I hadn't really noticed untill now tbh, but maybe they have a point.

Then again, if fans were that worried, they would stop complaining all the time (he doesn't tweet enough, the set list riot...) and let them breathe when they have time off instead of stalking them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    OMG, I hope it's the angle of the picture! those legs look anorexic... The boy needs to eat some more!

I showed it to my mum. She was shocked. I hope he's not got an eating disorder or something like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I showed it to my mum. She was shocked. I hope he's not got an eating disorder or something like that.

I don't understand how this could slip unnoticed with the amount of people around them... They are supposed to have a chef that cooks balanced healthy food for them, and even trainers I think (?). Not to mention the rest of the staff who has known them for so long.
    Let's hope that it's more the angle of the pic, but the management team and staff will hopefully look out for signs. They will have gotten plenty of messages from the fans I suspect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Hiya Lusita and welcome. So how did you become a fan and when? Glad you joined us
    Thanks for the welcome y'all! I got into them last year. I follow the charts a bit and was quite intrigued when they debuted at #1 literally out of nowhere without a hit single (yet) or a heavy publicity push. I looked them up and well here I am :D

Anyway, I'm not in the least surprised that they light up. I always assume they do privately - I mean probably about 8 out of 10 guys their age I know have at least tried it. A couple of my friends got busted by cops actually - luckily I wasn't there when it happened - I sometimes go party w/ them :D

According to tumblr, some girl who was there with the paps said that the paps were paid off not to sell the pics of the boys lighting up. IDK it if it's reliable but it does seem to me that there's been an effort to hush it. I mean Daily Mail reported about them hiring a yacht and published tons of pics of them coming out of the studio but not of them smoking weed? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lusita wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome y'all! I got into them last year. I follow the charts a bit and was quite intrigued when they debuted at #1 literally out of nowhere without a hit single (yet) or a heavy publicity push. I looked them up and well here I am :D

Anyway, I'm not in the least surprised that they light up. I always assume they do privately - I mean probably about 8 out of 10 guys their age I know have at least tried it. A couple of my friends got busted by cops actually - luckily I wasn't there when it happened - I sometimes go party w/ them :D

According to tumblr, some girl who was there with the paps said that the paps were paid off not to sell the pics of the boys lighting up. IDK it if it's reliable but it does seem to me that there's been an effort to hush it. I mean Daily Mail reported about them hiring a yacht and published tons of pics of them coming out of the studio but not of them smoking weed? ;)

Yeah, but with a UK paper there is always a chance they could get sued. We all suspect that's what Louis was doing but we don't have concrete proof. Neither do the papers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suppose that you are not from the UK then, are you american? I thought that because you said they debuted #1 out of nowhere....

I think that their management team is of course trying to hush this story, but a picture from far away isn't a huge proof anyway. However, Bieber was front news everywhere when the same thing happened to him, wasn't he?
    1D haven't been introduced as sweet virginal figures, less "clean" than Bieber and the disney stars when they started... I suppose they were introduced as more "real", but still clean cut enough... So I would have thought the press would still try to make a big splash of it.

It's not over yet anyway, let's see in a couple of days.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »

Lol! Really funny. Are the boys a bit over tanned? Harry's hair.:D
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but with a UK paper there is always a chance they could get sued. We all suspect that's what Louis was doing but we don't have concrete proof. Neither do the papers.

Exactly.
    Reading some comments, it also looks like fans of other boy bands are deliberately trying to blow it up, just so the press will print the story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Yes Im from the US. Yeah i forgot that the media outside the US has to be more careful bc celebs arent fair game like they are in the US. In Biebers case, was it clear that he was smoking weed?

About Zayn being too skinny, I think its just the angle. There was a take away order for the boys reported a few weeks ago and zayn (and niall) ordered the most actually with two sides each, louis and liam one side each and harry just the main dish. Zayn is just naturally skinny.

It seems to me zayn and louis are the least comfortable with all the screaming fans and attention. Especially in their time off - they are the ones who most often disappear without a trace for days on end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Im from the US. Yeah i forgot that the media outside the US has to be more careful bc celebs arent fair game like they are in the US. In Biebers case, was it clear that he was smoking weed?

About Zayn being too skinny, I think its just the angle. There was a take away order for the boys reported a few weeks ago and zayn (and niall) ordered the most actually with two sides each, louis and liam one side each and harry just the main dish. Zayn is just naturally skinny.

It seems to me zayn and louis are the least comfortable with all the screaming fans and attention. Especially in their time off - they are the ones who most often disappear without a trace for days on end.

I have looked for the pics of Bieber smoking (http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/04/justin-bieber-marijuana-pot-blunt-smoking-picture-photo/), quite blurry and not that good, but not from far away... However, someone from the party took them & must have ratted him out to TMZ.

1D were photographed from very far away & not completely conclusive, plus no insider either to give any comment to coroborate I suppose...

And Bieber fans are unhappy that Bieber got so much stick for his smoking and 1D isn't getting the same treatement in their eyes.
    So I agree with String that you see some funny comments from some people (not only Bieber fans IMO, other fandoms have something against the boys) desperately trying to get the press to talk about it...

I have seen some american websites spreading the news though... I read in one that they were wondering if a Bieber-style apology (he seems to have done that on SNL) would arise.
    I would not hold my breath untill it comes if I were them, they seem to often chose to remain silent (Zayn's cheating scandal).

I hope that you are right about Zayn's picture :)

And I am sure that you are right about Zayn being the most uncomfortable with fame. Untill recently, I would not have said that for Louis, but it is true that he has also pulled a Zayn during their last break (aka disapearing)....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter is in uproar because of this:
    http://www.mediafire.com/play/pb27g6w3pdgo94r/%E2%96%B6+Don%27t+Let+Me+Go+%28featuring+Harry+Styles%29+by+Sam+McCarthy+%28Songwriter%29.mp3
    A song sang by Harry that must actually have existed for a while but was never found ;)

https://twitter.com/SamMcCarthy1981/status/345303867136806912
    Sam McCarthy ‏: Wow! Thanks for all the nice tweets about the song. Harry did most of the words I did the music. X

It's great to know that the boys are really venturing into writing and stretching their wings!
    The style is very different from 1D music, more of an indie feel I suppose, but it goes well with Harry. He needs to work some more on his voice to make his lower register smoother (IMO), but it's really nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ziam working on their fitness with a trainer.

Liam's legs look quite thin too! :eek

http://twitter.com/Go1DenUpdates/status/345334138460573696/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Instead of always concentrating on the arms and torso, maybe they need to think more globally ;)
    I know that everyone is always impressed by six packs, but a balanced silouette is the true aim...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niall had this shirt made and wore it at yesterday's concert: http://instagram.com/p/ahjPo5syLn/#
    Clearly that article about him insulting the fans has not fazed him at all, which is a good thing :)

This is a promo video for the perfume: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYAiNb-l3u0&feature=youtu.be
    Not sure it's the actual ad though...

And I found this pic funny https://twitter.com/WW1DUpdates/status/345346070160752640/photo/1
    It's from when they were at the studio. I don't know what these people are (private security or cops?), but I find it great that the boys still take picture with everyone they can!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:p ziam!! love!! love!! :D but that is what i call a cockblock if ever i've seen one... lolz!! :eek: :p:D
This discussion has been closed.