Options

I am absolutely furious with McDonalds......

Comments

• Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't OP just organize a protest march? Take your sticks and stick them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just Vogue wrote: »
    As a business they should be attending to their customers with some level of care but what I have had the misfortune to experience recently has left me shaking with rage.

The customer service is abhorrent. I spent 5 minutes in the line which I was fine with. I placed my order, spicey veggie wrap with large fries, onion rings and mozzarella sticks, and was told that it would be a few minutes. So I stand to the side and wait for the order to be completed. My friends and I had planned to eat it out as it was a sunny, so they all got their food and I thought I'd be waiting for a minute or two. In the end I was waiting for seven and a half minutes. The service is farcical. What part of this is considered fast food? It's disgraceful.

So we get in my car to leave and return to the place at which we had decided to dine; a local bench in the park. As the McDonalds is in the middle of nowhere we had to drive there.

So in my car we go. We get to our destination and once there I open my bag only to find myself without mozzarella sticks.

This was perhaps one of my worst dining experiences ever and I feel that everybody needs to know. Their behaviour was disgusting and it is just daylight robbery.

I will only ever go in there with friends now and will NEVER go in alone on my lunch breaks, etc.

Troll.......
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Vogue wrote: »
    Just to clarify in regards to the Mozzarella stick situation, I went in there today as my plans changed and I asked for mozzarella sticks again. The girl behind the counter corrected me and said that they weren't serving mozzarella sticks today, and that it was in fact cheese melts.

I then asked if they were making mozzarella sticks yesterday and was told that they weren't. What has quite clearly happened is this lack of decent communication has meant that the message that they have NO mozzarella sticks wasn't passed to the front desk. I am angry that such a corporation, with its huge corporate entity, couldn't do the simple task of informing its staff that it was not serving mozzarella sticks this month.

That's the problem here, a skill which we are taught from a young age has been lost by a faceless multinational corporation; communication.

This is the point where you should have just made a dignified exit rather than jumping the shark. You were doing pretty well up until then. You've over-egged the McMuffin, so to speak.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like post traumatic stress disorder to me.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    Sounds like post traumatic stress disorder to me.

Do they do that to go?
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but along the lines of crap service in fast food joints, I had a major quarm with KFC about 18 months back.

Wanted some boiling or hot water so I could warm my baby's milk bottle and they refused on grounds of health and safety. But, and here's the total laughable part. The jobsworth said he could sell me a cup of tea only without the teabag in it and he'd leave the teabag on the side. That way he wasn't breaking company policy. I had no option but to purchase a cup of tealess tea for 99p and the t**t said as he handed me my cup of boiled water....'help yourself to milk and sugar.'

I looked at him and gave him the 'you f****** idiot' stare and walked off. I really should have reported this to head office. What a total act of pure idiotic bureaucracy.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Wanted some boiling or hot water so I could warm my baby's milk bottle and they refused on grounds of health and safety.

In other words, if you spill it on yourself, you can sue them, so they won't do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%27s_Restaurants
  • Options
    akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no problem with Mcdonalds, but i think they should be made to employ people to clear up there litter, it's not good enough to leave it to the local councils.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    In other words, if you spill it on yourself, you can sue them, so they won't do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%27s_Restaurants

What utter rubbish! They can't give me it because of health and safety but they can sell me a scolding hot tea without the teabag in it. Other than the exchange of money what's the difference? McDonalds have no problems with it nor do many other restaurants. Anyway it's their loss because I haven't been in there since. Got no time for idiotic bureaucracy and moronic jobsworths. Especially when he knew what I wanted it for and still had the idiocracy to tell me to help myself to milk and sugar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    akhenaten wrote: »
    I have no problem with Mcdonalds, but i think they should be made to employ people to clear up there litter, it's not good enough to leave it to the local councils.

Not only that but I don't think they should expect people to clean the table after themselves either. Sorry but I wasn't aware I was employed here or wearing a badge that says cleaner.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only that but I don't think they should expect people to clean the table after themselves. Sorry but I wasn't aware I was employed here or wearing a badge that says cleaner.

You have a serious chip on your shoulder.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just check your order before you drive off, this has happened to me which is why I CHECK, before I go otherwise your left disappointed.

Chuhhilllllll
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tea without tea in it? Interesting.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    Troll.......

NO U.

The OP may be exaggerating their anger about this but it does happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »

Why? Because I refuse to do a job that someone else gets paid to do?

I'm not at home now. When I go to someone else's place for a meal they don't expect me to clear my own dishes away and scrape them in the bin, therefore why should I do so in fast food outlets. I'm not there to work or do someone else's job for them. They already employ people to clean so why should I do it?

You wouldn't expect to have to do this in any other type of cafe or restaurant. It seems unique to American fast food chains that they expect you to clean up after you. It's not as if I'm sitting on a park bench and leaving my litter behind. I'm in a restaurant where I'm paying for a service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Tea without tea in it? Interesting.

Exactly. In other words, boiling hot water with the teabag left on the side. They couldn't give me boiling water to heat my sons milk bottle but I guess if they sell it to you it's fine. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? Because I refuse to do a job that someone else gets paid to do?

I'm not at home now. When I go to someone else's place for a meal they don't expect me to clear my own dishes away and scrape them in the bin, therefore why should I do so in fast food outlets. I'm not there to work or do someone else's job for them. They already employ people to clean so why should I do it?

You wouldn't expect to have to do this in any other type of cafe or restaurant. It seems unique to American fast food chains that they expect you to clean up after you. It's not as if I'm sitting on a park bench and leaving my litter behind. I'm in a restaurant where I'm paying for a service.

But you are not in a restaurant or even a cafe, you are in a fast-food outlet. Different culture, different rules
  • Options
    akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only that but I don't think they should expect people to clean the table after themselves either. Sorry but I wasn't aware I was employed here or wearing a badge that says cleaner.

I am not blaming mcdonalds, but i am blaming there customers, but when i walk through my local town, and there is mcdonalds litter strewn all over the place,i think mcdonalds managment, should be made to do something about this situation.

I really don't think it's any hardship to put your rubbish in the bin as you walk out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you are not in a restaurant or even a cafe, you are in a fast-food outlet. Different culture, different rules

Funny because it says so clearly on the sign outside that it's a restaurant.

www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/images/070714_mcdonalds.jpg
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not blaming mcdonalds, but i am blaming there customers, but when i walk through my local town, and there is mcdonalds litter strewn all over the place,i think mcdonalds managment, should be made to do something about this situation.

I really don't think it's any hardship to put your rubbish in the bin as you walk out.

...considering it's virtually inevitable you'll be passing a bin on your way to the exit anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't like their service model, go elsewhere. They won't be changing their worldwide service model for you anytime soon.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So, if it is the customers fault, what can the McDonalds management do about the situation? There are bins in and around the site. The problem occurs when customers take their food away from the outlet and then throw their rubbish everywhere - can't see what the management can do, short of following every customer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »

Fry not chip please.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well no, it's not your job, and you don't HAVE to do it, but it's just basic human decency. Why on earth wouldn't you chuck your own rubbish away and make someone else's crap job just that tiny bit easier?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This doesn't make sense.

If people are dropping litter around town then they are not eating it inside so why should they use the bins on their way out before they've even eaten the stuff?

It's not McDonalds fault if people drop their litter in the street.