Options

Stuart Hall Jailed for 15 Months

ftvftv Posts: 31,668
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Former BBC and ITV presenter Stuart Hall has been jailed for 15 months for sexual attacks on young girls, charges he admitted.In Hall's defence it was said he only had 13 victims ''while Jimmy Savile had 1,300.''

www.bbc.co.uk/news

Comments

• Options
    ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15 months?! You get more for robbing a bank and defrauding the social.

Sick. He should have his balls cut off and be hung.
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    15 months?! You get more for robbing a bank and defrauding the social.

Sick. He should have his balls cut off and be hung.

A nice rational response, there :rolleyes:
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll serve 3 then get let out on tag for another 3.

Makes you wonder if that is an appropriate punishment for the crime.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,999
    Forum Member
    15 months is know where near long enough he will probably only end up spending 6 or 7 months in Jail. I feel he has got off lightly due to his old age. For me though his age shouldn't come into it, he admitted to his crimes and he should of been sentenced accordingly if that means he dies in Jail then so be it.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long enough... For what he has done he shouldn't see daylight ever again.
  • Options
    ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I say is....money talks.

The UK is becoming more and more corrupt. What next William Roache gets a tag?

Sick.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,538
    Forum Member
    15 months

Is that all?

What a joke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Judge should have played his Joker and doubled it up to 30!

Can't understand why these guy's did what they did.

Stuart Hall was a hero,in my eyes,prior to this. Not only for his amazing humour on It's a knockout and Jeux Sans Frontieres,but also his time a a Newsreader on Look North,later to become Look North West and latterly,North West Tonight. Even in these News programmes,his sense of humour seemed to be evident.

I guess the next one up,in court will be Fred Talbot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not long enough... For what he has done he shouldn't see daylight ever again.

Ooh look, another one.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised when I saw the sentnece was 15 months. Not sure what else there is to say really.
  • Options
    TragicDoggieTragicDoggie Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Former BBC and ITV presenter Stuart Hall has been jailed for 15 months for sexual attacks on young girls, charges he admitted.In Hall's defence it was said he only had 13 victims ''while Jimmy Savile had 1,300.''

www.bbc.co.uk/news

"In Hall's defence it was said he only had 13 victims".

Only 13 eh, One victim is more than enough.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow what a pathetic excuse for a sentence, he should rot in prison until he dies.

What a great message that sends out.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15 months for Hall, a life sentence for his victims. Doesn't seem like justice to me.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see the BBC having him back so his broadcasting career is effectively over which is probably the greatest punishment for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is fair sentence as he is in is 80s so he will probably have a harder time coping in prison than a younger and reputation is shot compleatly. I honestly think with all this stess he will die in a year or so anyway.
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    15 months is less than i expected.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,569
    Forum Member
    Deleted (comments not really for a broadcasting board)
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many people commenting on the sentence have read through the judge's sentencing remarks? They are only 7 pages long and freely available.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes you wonder, had Savile still been alive, how many months he'd been given. I reckon 24 max.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    15 months is know where near long enough he will probably only end up spending 6 or 7 months in Jail. I feel he has got off lightly due to his old age. For me though his age shouldn't come into it, he admitted to his crimes and he should of been sentenced accordingly if that means he dies in Jail then so be it.

Well said. He wasn't an old man when he committed the crimes, so why should he be given any leniency?

He only owned up to secure a lighter sentence. I'm pretty sure if the woman concerned hadn't had the courage to eventually come forward and tell of systematic long-term rape and abuse by this man, he'd have said nothing.

Also 15 months works out at about five weeks a victim. Hardly fair.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is fair sentence as he is in is 80s so he will probably have a harder time coping in prison than a younger and reputation is shot compleatly. I honestly think with all this stess he will die in a year or so anyway.

I don't consider myself to be on the liberal side where sentencing is concerned but all in all I did not expect much more than what has happened largely on the basis of what you have written. He is hardly going to become public enemy number one when he is released, and one would suspect the unique kind of shame given his previous image will make every remaining day he has akin to torture.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh look, another one.

It is a cliche, but what sentence would you deem fair??
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does he not get a discount for pleading guilty?
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,538
    Forum Member
    About a month per victim

How obscene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    It is a cliche, but what sentence would you deem fair??

Not got a clue, but people calling for life sentences, hanging and castration are just pillocks.