Options

Jeremy Forrest guilty of child abduction

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    He was a teacher, she a 14 years old pupil when this started. He deserved the sentence.

Agreed.

He is a manipulative sexual predator who deliberately targeted a vulnerable young girl in his care.

Apparently he had texted and messaged other young girls from his previous school too.

His defence from what I understand was simply by way of statements and he himself did not testify so adverse inferences must be drawn from that.

For the life of me I cannot understand why any reasonable person could defend him/think the sentence unjust.

The man is a disgrace.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Legally no, but without getting a psychological report on her (which the court may have done, I don't know) I don't think you can tell someone of that age whether they are a victim or not.

The line has to be drawn somewhere.
    For our country it was decided by all sort of reasons and studies that at 15 you are not mature enough to make certain decisions. No psychological report of this specific girl is going to be able to prove or disapprove this. Only in insight she will probably be able to get to some conclusion.
    The reality as it stands is as someone in a position of trust he had an opportunity to groom this girl and that's what he has done. He broke a very clear law and he must pay for it.
    If one day they will end up together and live happily ever after is beside the point, he would still would be a sex offender.

The only thing i object is the fact that the press and apparently even the judge called him a pedophile, she is an underage girl not a child.
  • Options
    LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

He is a manipulative sexual predator who deliberately targeted a vulnerable young girl in his care.

Apparently he had texted and messaged other young girls from his previous school too.

His defence from what I understand was simply by way of statements and he himself did not testify so adverse inferences must be drawn from that.

For the life of me I cannot understand why any reasonable person could defend him/think the sentence unjust.

The man is a disgrace.

This man (an actual paedophile because he abused girls who were actually children) got no prison sentence at all.
    Funny ole world innit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Ovenden
  • Options
    Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do feel sorry for his wife and I am surprised she didn't know what was going on. I would know if my husband was cheating on me because I always check his phone and I have a tracking device on his car.
  • Options
    steve781steve781 Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not the one confusing anything. it is certain posters on here who confuse a person BELOW puberty with a person PAST puberty.
    Say it with me slowly, one is a child, the other is an adolescent.
    For some reason I truly cannot fathom, the British people seem utterly incapable of understanding that a MINOR is not the same thing as a CHILD.
    A minor is a person under the age of 16, a child is a person under the age of puberty.
    'Minor' is a legal term, 'Child' is a biological term.

This ain't quantum physics FFS.

The law already distinguishes between sexual activity with an underage teenager and that with a small child. The debate is not about whether those who indulge in the latter are worse (they clearly are) but about whether those who indulge in the former are also despicable (a lot of people don't seem to think so). As I previously noted, plenty of words we use today mean something different from their original meaning. It may well be that the dictionary definition is changed within the coming years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This man (an actual paedophile because he abused girls who were actually children) got no prison sentence at all.
    Funny ole world innit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Ovenden

I believe its under review so obviously someone has seen sense.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    In Romeo and Juliet, Juliet was 13, not sure how old 'pedo' Romeo was.

Well i'm sure most people do not guide their lives by fictional plays written in the XVI century.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baz O wrote: »
    I do feel sorry for his wife and I am surprised she didn't know what was going on. I would know if my husband was cheating on me because I always check his phone and I have a tracking device on his car.

That sounds healthy.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh sorry, I didnt realise, that makes it ok then! Lets all go and bag a 13 year old. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds healthy.

Beat me to it :D
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The husband of a colleague of mine has got a tracking device on her car. She finds it funny.
  • Options
    scheadschead Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The tabloids are really funny. I noticed a quote in the Sun that said "THE 16-year-old lover of pervert teacher Jeremy Forrest has vowed to wait for him until he leaves jail. "

This is the same Sun newspaper that ran the "Countdown till Charlotte Church is 16 and legal to shag" LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I sense trust issues.
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw on the front page of one of the red tops today, they were calling him a paedophile.

What?! A paedophile?!

He should sue. It's not legally right. And it's libelous.

Paedophilia is a sexual predilection for pre-pubescent children. A world away from fancying a teenager. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure he'd get really far claiming that he had a great reputation that had been irreparably damaged directly by that headline :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Well i'm sure most people do not guide their lives by fictional plays written in the XVI century.

Might i suggest that you do a little learning about English history before you start blabbing about 'fiction' (i have a degree in English history). Sex with 13 year olds was common and acceptable in Tudor times, nothing fictional about it. Sheakespeare was reflecting his times.

PS I do not approve of this Tudor practice, in fact it's pretty rancid to me.
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    schead wrote: »
    This is the same Sun newspaper that ran the "Countdown till Charlotte Church is 16 and legal to shag" LOL

......and the same paper that served as the topless modelling debut for 16 year old Maria Whittaker and Samantha Fox.

How times change.......:D
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

17 IIRC.

Romeo and Juliet is actually a slightly appropriate comparison, given that as the facebook meme puts it, it's not a love story, it's a 3 day affair that led to 6 deaths...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds healthy.

I am a bit of a nosy person if I am being honest and I like to know what my other half is up to when I am not around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Oh sorry, I didnt realise, that makes it ok then! Lets all go and bag a 13 year old. :eek:

You can have mine. It's not to my taste. :eek:

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »

The idea of having sex with a 13 year old is utterly sick to me, still it hasn't done Bill Wyman's reputation any harm has it?

Speaking of which, isn't it funny how we choose to judge people and how flexible our morality can sometimes be?
    World famous rock star sleeps with 13 year old, gets a pat on the back, enhances his outlandish rock star reputation. Teacher sleeps with 15 year old and he's a (tabloid headline alert) SICKKKKK PEEEEEEDO.

So I'd be genuinely interested to know, all you people who think this man deserved his 5 year sentence, how many years behind bars would you have given Bill Wyman?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    I sense trust issues.

He can sometimes stop off and fish at a local river when he is supposed to be spending time with me. He works 6 days a weeks so time spent together is precious to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a bit of a nosy person if I am being honest and I like to know what my other half is up to when I am not around.

So much for trust!
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve781 wrote: »
    So because society bombards young girls with endless sexual imagery from a young age and denies them the stability of a two parent family with the result that they exhibit increasingly reckless sexual behaviour from a young age this means we should no longer punish those who take advantage of this sorry situation.
    People like you are a large part of the reason this country is on its way to hell. You make me sick.

Really! - That's a bit extreme other countries have higher & lower ages of consent and marriage - I think Spain has just raised their age of marriage to 16 from 14 - and I think even in the UK it wasn't raised to 16 until the 1920's - so we've been going to hell for a long time
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Have you tried asking him.?
  • Options
    vanzandtfanvanzandtfan Posts: 8,897
    Forum Member
    schead wrote: »

Actually, its not. Never happened.