Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else hear Mark say "he's an ENT" when the question came up?

Which question?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.

This? :confused:
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    This? :confused:

It means i agree with the statement above
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Gibman wrote: »
    Over the last year or two he's shown himself to be an unpleasant, increasingly nasty individual.

Can't stand the arrogant fatty, absolutely love it when he gets beaten like today.

He has displayed petulance when losing on quiz shows before his Chaser days.

Accepting that he is probably told (if not coached) how to act, I thought Labbett's rudeness overstepped the Mark:) yesterday. Didn't he tell the woman who lost to "go away"?
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    Mark is her daughter's favourite Chaser - well wouldn't you know who turns up:rolleyes:

His favourite Chaser is Mark and he gets Paul, which makes it 3 days in a row where the contestant hasn't got their favourite Chaser.

Sort of blows your theory out of the water :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    It means i agree with the statement above

Really? Which language is that then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has displayed petulance when losing on quiz shows before his Chaser days.

Accepting that he is probably told (if not coached) how to act, I thought Labbett's rudeness overstepped the Mark:) yesterday. Didn't he tell the woman who lost to "go away"?

He is rude in person. Quite a grump!
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Mark is her daughter's favourite Chaser - well wouldn't you know who turns up:rolleyes:

His favourite Chaser is Mark and he gets Paul, which makes it 3 days in a row where the contestant hasn't got their favourite Chaser.

Sort of blows your theory out of the water :)

You have forgotten the amount of times they have got who they asked for, a 1 in 4 chance of getting who they want but those odds have been defied over the course of the programme.
  • Options
    GibmanGibman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You... do realize that he's just playing a role and that he's not like that in real life now, don't you? :confused:
    I used to think that...but the more I watch the more it's apparent that there's less of an act to this than perhaps people think. They say it's easiest to play roles closest to your real character.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Studio audience as well. Don't like "Mark Labett as 'The Beast" billing, he IS "The Beast"! Thought Bradley had gone for the pilot as well - perhaps his humour doesn't cross the Atlantic well. Wonder if they'll be shown in the UK (suppose it depends on the deal ITV have done, but they could perhaps be shown on ITV4).

I’m not a regular in this (very long) thread) and haven’t read every post so apologies if this has already been said but…

The US pilot was filmed in London last year, with Bradley Walsh as the host. The pilot was commissioned by the Fox network and the plan was, if taken to a full series, for Bradley Walsh to remain the host. I’m not sure what they were planning in terms of the chasers, but I presume they were going to have their own.
    But Fox decided to pass on the programme and not take it through to a series. At which point ITV Studios (who were producing it for Fox) took the pilot and shopped it around to see if other broadcasters were interested.
    At this stage GSN (Game Show Network) showed an interest and a full series was commissioned. However, part of their agreement with ITV Studios was that Bradley Walsh would be replaced by a US host, which was eventually chosen to be Brooke Burke (model/Baywatch actress). But it was better news for Mark Labett (The Beast), they really liked him and so he was chosen as the single chaser (unlike the UK version). An initial 8 episodes were ordered and have been recorded, and will air on GSN in August.

As for it airing over here, its possible but probably unlikely. There have been a number is US remakes of ITV game shows in recent years most have not aired in the UK. But if it were to air here, my money would be on ITV2.
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Which language is that then?

English.
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I’m not a regular in this (very long) thread) and haven’t read every post so apologies if this has already been said but…

The US pilot was filmed in London last year, with Bradley Walsh as the host. The pilot was commissioned by the Fox network and the plan was, if taken to a full series, for Bradley Walsh to remain the host. I’m not sure what they were planning in terms of the chasers, but I presume they were going to have their own.
    But Fox decided to pass on the programme and not take it through to a series. At which point ITV Studios (who were producing it for Fox) took the pilot and shopped it around to see if other broadcasters were interested.
    At this stage GSN (Game Show Network) showed an interest and a full series was commissioned. However, part of their agreement with ITV Studios was that Bradley Walsh would be replaced by a US host, which was eventually chosen to be Brooke Burke (model/Baywatch actress). But it was better news for Mark Labett (The Beast), they really liked him and so he was chosen as the single chaser (unlike the UK version). An initial 8 episodes were ordered and have been recorded, and will air on GSN in August.

As for it airing over here, its possible but probably unlikely. There have been a number is US remakes of ITV game shows in recent years most have not aired in the UK. But if it were to air here, my money would be on ITV2.

Thanks for the info! :) (And no, it hadn't been previously posted.) Do think having one Chaser isn't as good though and I wonder how the Americans will take to Mark's "rudeness".
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info! :) (And no, it hadn't been previously posted.) Do think having one Chaser isn't as good though and I wonder how the Americans will take to Mark's "rudeness".

The decision to only have chaser was probably because the programme will be weekly in the US, not daily like in the UK.

I think ‘The Beast’ will be the star of the show out there, the Americans seem to like Brits right now, and if they are rude ones all the better (Simon Cowell, Gordon Ramsey, Ann Robinson etc. etc.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope Pip gets through, can see Shaun losing with her in Final Chase.
  • Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was embarrassed he got that barrister question wrong , don't blame him it was a shocker
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason not the brightest, is he :D

Brave effort for the £50k by Nick, but it's Pip on her own now.

Still think she can get a good score, being an experienced quizzer. If she gets 17 or more I think she will win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on Pip!!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    17 is very good. Hopefully Shaun isn't on form again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    17. What an excellent score on her own.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun is by far th weakest chaser
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wooo hoooo She did it!!!!!! £7k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Pip, fully deserved, enjoy spending your £7K
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »

He probably is but isn't as bad as he seems. I feel he purposely pauses when answering questions, some of which seem basic, in order to build a bit of tension towards the end. Even when he's got 40 seconds left and 3 questions to go he makes long pauses on simple questions.
  • Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »

Especially when he gets a question about his own profession wrong ..... Oh and c3-po :D
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Done Pip, extremely well done in setting a good target and pushing the Chaser Back, she deserved the money, just a shame Nick couldn't have got through and they'd have been going home with £28,500 each.
This discussion has been closed.