Options

The Tennis Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the British drama but Ward just lost :( Stan now 2 sets down :( Love the atmosphere though just brilliant!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petra through.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    plucky Brit is out

Ward was cursed before the tournament started.

When the draw was made, SSN were talking about who he would play in the second round!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great to see so many young people at the matches. It looked like gods waiting room at Eastbourne.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Good game, Kvitova through, very happy :)
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Another early break in the third set, this one for Lleyton.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe Stan is on the way out.
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    breakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.ow hold for a bit hewitt please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wawa broken in the 3rd. This could be another shocka today.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are there so many empty seats on court 1?
  • Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't say it's a shock, Stan's had a good year but he's always been poor on grass.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    now watching Hewitt, he looks on fire.

wow his wife is pretty stunning

love seeing the green courts:D
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Lovely to see Hewiit right in the mix again :)
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say it's a shock, Stan's had a good year but he's always been poor on grass.

Agreed, not to mention Lleyton's form especially his run at Queens and his history at Wimbledon.

May not be over just yet anyway, break back point. Come on Lleyton...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another "plucky Brit" goes out. It's just like the good old days!
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    I'm just gutted for Rafa. And for me personally, grand slams are never quite the same without the big 4 being there right towards the end of the tournament... The French wasn't the same without Andy, and the Australian and the US wasn't the same without Rafa. It loses a little bit of sparkle for me- mainly because you know if they meet, that their matches nearly always result in something special.

:( So agree with you ellie. I love having the top 4 playing. Some of the match ups produce completely stunning tennis.
    I almost want to take Sarn off my ignore list to see her reaction to this :D

Fantastic performance by Darcis :) I've always liked his game.

Awww. Sarn makes me laugh. But I realise she goes OTT so some wont like it.
    lola14 wrote: »
    I`m gutted,! I missed the whole. match because of work, I think that might have been a blessing lol! Congrats to Darcis.

I promised Tally, I would support Andy if the worst happened, so GO Muzza !

Knew you were a girl of immaculate taste, lola. I'm gutted too :( but I really want an Andy win. In a lot of peoples' eyes he wont be a decent tennis player unless he does.

Incidentally there's a lot of talk about "haters" reading back. I haven't seen any haters. Most tennis fans are quite capable of admiring someone's tennis even if they don't like their personalities. I think we usually get a good balance on here.

:p The only person I hate in the tennis world is Andrew Castle and maybe Gary Richardson. But everyone knows that anyway. I tend to rant about AC every time he's commentating.

C'mon Leyton. I have such a soft spot for him. Stan has improved no end but it looks like Hewitt has his measure. :D
  • Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did Lleyton turn Spanish? :)
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirilenko is dangerous anywhere but particularly on grass. She did well at Eastbourne, and plays a more compact and less error-strewn game than Laura, who can only go for broke. I'm 50/50 with that one, depends which Laura turns up.

Oh, and she's flippin' beautiful. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are there so many empty seats on court 1?

People tend to leave around this time, i know i did when i went there a few years ago. Its only when Andy/Rafa/Fed/Novak, play people tend to stay late.
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real shame. Maybe Eastbourne did take it out of her afterall.

Definitely. Still though, she'll be seeded for the US open in two months time! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disgraceful that Keotovong is on centre when so many better players are on the oustside courts. Ward or Kvitova should have been on centre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    And another "plucky Brit" goes out. It's just like the good old days!

:( So agree with you ellie. I love having the top 4 playing. Some of the match ups produce completely stunning tennis.

Awww. Sarn makes me laugh. But I realise she goes OTT so some wont like it.

[/B]

Knew you were a girl of immaculate taste, lola. I'm gutted too :( but I really want an Andy win. In a lot of peoples' eyes he wont be a decent tennis player unless he does.

Incidentally there's a lot of talk about "haters" reading back. I haven't seen any haters. Most tennis fans are quite capable of admiring someone's tennis even if they don't like their personalities. I think we usually get a good balance on here.

:pThe only person I hate in the tennis world is Andrew Castle and maybe Gary Richardson. But everyone knows that anyway. I tend to rant about AC every time he's commentating.

C'mon Leyton. I have such a soft spot for him. Stan has improved no end but it looks like Hewitt has his measure. :D

Do you know what in person the guy is ok, its just when he commentates on Muzza him and Lloyd go way over board.

Guess we all got to cheer AM now.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen its been fun, but im off now. Should be back tomorrow.

Come on Laura, Come on Heather
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgraceful that Keotovong is on centre when so many better players are on the oustside courts. Ward or Kvitova should have been on centre.

Or even Llyeton and Stan? Its embarrassing to see her get taken apart on the main court.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or even Llyeton and Stan? Its embarrassing to see her get taken apart on the main court.

Yes. Or anyone for that matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sound is all over the place on the highlights show.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh no, poor Anne. She hasn't had a decent run anywhere for years now, who is she playing?
This discussion has been closed.