Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    I could really believe it

Yup :D
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    just in case I have just sullied this thread for some, one to redeem myself [URL="[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHxiouKy8Ho]Orange Goblin – Red Tide Rising[/url]"][/url]Orange Goblin – Red Tide Rising
    Good stuff :)
    I am pretty underwhelmed by Glastonbury, why cant the beeb do all this with Download, its not like Glastonbury is a national treasure like Wimbledon or FA Cup Final
    I'm not that bothered about the BEEB but I wish EVERY festival had live streaming, at least on the web. My boys are onstage as I type *sigh*
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ot sure this link works perfectly http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9#p01b85kl
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, this is a bit of a novelty.

The worlds only flame throwing, leather clad, heavily tattooed punk rock warrior performing AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" in Fremantle, Sunday 19th May 2013

The Badpiper -Thunderstruck
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ot sure this link works perfectly http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9#p01b85kl

Is that Portishead being all dull & political on now?

ETA Yes, it is. Sorry but I've always found them rather tedious & 'worthy'.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    How long for?

I posted a video on here of Iggy, rocking out with his cock out. Didn't get so much as a disapproving finger wagging :D
    2 weeks

Here was my previous ban

''Who honestly gives a toss you cynical.b*stard'

I don't remember what that was for though
    I am pretty underwhelmed by Glastonbury, why cant the beeb do all this with Download, its not like Glastonbury is a national treasure like Wimbledon or FA Cup Final
    Found this on the Download forums regarding streaming
    It's Sky Arts because they'll be about the only channel willing to help cover the costs involved.

The reason CH4 dropped it years back is because they wanted LN (Live Nation) to start covering the costs and LN weren't for having it. That plus getting put in the graveyard slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »
    2 weeks

Here was my previous ban

''Who honestly gives a toss you cynical.b*stard'

I don't remember what that was for though

Ah that's the 'show respect to other posters' rule. Can't believe someone actually alerted for that though.

You're going to have to behave now though. I think the next stop after a 2 weeker is a permaban.

Maybe just stay in here :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah that's the 'show respect to other posters' rule. Can't believe someone actually alerted for that though.

You're going to have to behave now though. I think the next stop after a 2 weeker is a permaban.

Maybe just stay in here :D
    Probably best for the soul :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Probably best for the soul :o

Yeah, you're safe in here. As long as you don't do something stupid...like post Cannibal Corpse :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Resellers Viagogo and Seatwave continue advertising Iron Maiden tickets at 17 times face value, despite band saying it will 'invalidate' them
    Secondary websites are reselling tickets to Iron Maiden despite the heavy metal band, its promoter and management saying they will invalidate those which have been resold.
    Tickets to the band's London gig at the O2 in August are advertised on Seatwave for up to £590 for one standing ticket. While Viagogo is advertising tickets for as much as £850 each.
    Both the websites say that it is entirely legal to resell tickets in the UK and that they will continue to advertise them - despite the band putting in place a system where anyone who buys a ticket at ramped up prices would need to enter the venue with the original buyer carrying official ID

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2350695/Iron-Maiden-Band-says-invalidate-resellers-tickets-advertised-17-times-face-value.html

F*cking scandalous! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resellers Viagogo and Seatwave continue advertising Iron Maiden tickets at 17 times face value, despite band saying it will 'invalidate' them
    Secondary websites are reselling tickets to Iron Maiden despite the heavy metal band, its promoter and management saying they will invalidate those which have been resold.
    Tickets to the band's London gig at the O2 in August are advertised on Seatwave for up to £590 for one standing ticket. While Viagogo is advertising tickets for as much as £850 each.
    Both the websites say that it is entirely legal to resell tickets in the UK and that they will continue to advertise them - despite the band putting in place a system where anyone who buys a ticket at ramped up prices would need to enter the venue with the original buyer carrying official ID

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2350695/Iron-Maiden-Band-says-invalidate-resellers-tickets-advertised-17-times-face-value.html

Money grubbers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can someone answer a question for me?

I haven't been to a stadium gig since 1989, so I don't know what's current practice. Is it usual for support acts to not appear on the big screens? Are they only for the headline acts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone answer a question for me?

I haven't been to a stadium gig since 1989, so I don't know what's current practice. Is it usual for support acts to not appear on the big screens? Are they only for the headline acts?

I think Dizzee Rascal was on the big screen at Muse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Dizzee Rascal was on the big screen at Muse

Thanks. Was that a stadium or arena? I'm just wondering about the etiquette & why only a headline band would appear on the big screens. Especially when they have more than one support act *ponders*
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just in case I have just sullied this thread for some, one to redeem myself [URL="[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHxiouKy8Ho]Orange Goblin – Red Tide Rising[/url]"][/url]Orange Goblin – Red Tide Rising

..Forgot that band almost existed, been a good 10 years since I last listened to them, back in my Acid Bath, Crowbar loving days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ghost performing at Graspop yesterday. Is Papa Emeritus miming? His mouth is barely moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPydJRJRbsI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost performing at Graspop yesterday. Is Papa Emeritus miming? His mouth is barely moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPydJRJRbsI

oh I enjoyed that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just booked my Bloodstock tickets :D
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've got tickets for Maiden @ O2 and both the website and ticket confirmation e-mail clearly state the it is a ticketless event and you can only gain entry if all the people in the group are present and the original purchaser has to have a government issued photo ID, so a passport of photo driving license, plus the card used to make the purchase.

So if someone thought they would buy four tickets, sell them at an inflated price and then turn up to let the four people in and then walk off with the money they are mistaken, because the person who purchased the ticket has to enter the venue as part of the T&Cs.

It might be perfectly legal for these sites to resell the tickets but it is also perfectly legal for the venue and promoter to invalidate them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that Portishead being all dull & political on now?

ETA Yes, it is. Sorry but I've always found them rather tedious & 'worthy'.

As a Prog fan I've always loved Portishead. But they do take themselves VERY seriously! :D

But looking at the entire Glasonbury lineup they would have been the only band I would have paid money to go and see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got tickets for Maiden @ O2 and both the website and ticket confirmation e-mail clearly state the it is a ticketless event and you can only gain entry if all the people in the group are present and the original purchaser has to have a government issued photo ID, so a passport of photo driving license, plus the card used to make the purchase.

So if someone thought they would buy four tickets, sell them at an inflated price and then turn up to let the four people in and then walk off with the money they are mistaken, because the person who purchased the ticket has to enter the venue as part of the T&Cs.

It might be perfectly legal for these sites to resell the tickets but it is also perfectly legal for the venue and promoter to invalidate them.
    It's the fan who bought the ticket who loses out though. The touts have their money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the fan who bought the ticket who loses out though. The touts have their money.

Hopefully, though, if this is successful and more events do it then people will be less willing to pay for tickets that are useless. Once bitten, twice shy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ohhh.......this doesn't look good :(

MOTÖRHEAD has cancelled the remaining eight shows on its European festival tour, the band's drummer, Mikkey Dee, has revealed.

The group scrapped several gigs last week after MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister suffered a haematoma (where blood collects outside of a blood vessel). The news of Lemmy's latest medical issue followed reports that he was also recently fitted with a defibrillator because of heart problems.
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191955
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhh.......this doesn't look good :(

MOTÖRHEAD has cancelled the remaining eight shows on its European festival tour, the band's drummer, Mikkey Dee, has revealed.

The group scrapped several gigs last week after MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister suffered a haematoma (where blood collects outside of a blood vessel). The news of Lemmy's latest medical issue followed reports that he was also recently fitted with a defibrillator because of heart problems.
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191955

Hope he gets better, not a huge Motorhead fan myself, but he has always come across as an ok guy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    get in the 'Fantasy Glasto Line-up' thread, so much shite in there had to do my own