Forum Member
    It doesn't bother me what channel eastenders is on I can still watch it
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    Finally, this thread has a purpose! :D

yes but the winging has been in other theads too tonight!
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now, I'm outraged!!!
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member
    Give me the news! I can't find number 2 on my remote control!
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    Give me the news! I can't find number 2 on my remote control!

I can find number 2 (I got the wife to point it out to me), but I'm just too darned lazy to press it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue Barker has just said the regional news is on BBC2.

I assume she is talking nonsense.

Looked like a cookery programme to me.

Gone back to BBC1, as me and my tv are happier that way.
    Ah- just changed her announcement. England & NI regional news follows tennis.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue Barker has just said the regional news is on BBC2.

I assume she is talking nonsense.

Looked like a cookery programme to me.

Gone back to BBC1, as me and my tv are happier that way.

The regional news is on BBC2 in Scotland, SD only and on from 18:30 until 22:30 according to the EPG!

Actually I heard her say it would on later on BBC1 in England but on BBC2 in Scotland, Wales and (I think) Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So what are they doing in Scotland and Wales? Can someone in those countries or with satellite fill us in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    The regional news is on BBC2 in Scotland, SD only and on from 18:30 until 22:30 according to the EPG!

Which is particularly stupid if we assume most scots WILL want to watch Murray AND have their news afterwards.

Once the tennis is over Scotland and Wales will need to show a filler programme whilst everywhere else has their news- so not much point Scotland and wales doing their own thing.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well no BBC News for me today just stuck with ITV and will watch London Tonight on +1
  • Options
    sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMR wrote: »
    So what are they doing in Scotland and Wales? Can someone in those countries or with satellite fill us in?

BBC 2 Wales + Scotland are both showing news programs for those places. BBC 2 England has a food related program on it... hmm!
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sean2003 wrote: »
    BBC 2 Wales + Scotland are both showing news programs for those places. BBC 2 England has a food related program on it... hmm!

There is nothing they can do on BBC-2 to show regions in England end of.
  • Options
    BspksBspks Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bearing in mind the help leaflets that sent out for the digital switchover scheme, perhaps they should implement a similar scheme for tennis fans in the run up up Wimbledon, to show the poor technically challenged (e.g thick?) tennis fans how to select channels other than BBC 1. :D
  • Options
    BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    There is nothing they can do on BBC-2 to show regions in England end of.

I'm sure BBC 2 used to have regional shows. I'm talking ages ago in the analogue era but I'd swear they did
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bspks wrote: »
    Bearing in mind the help leaflets that sent out for the digital switchover scheme, perhaps they should implement a similar scheme for tennis fans in the run up up Wimbledon, to show the poor technically challenged (e.g thick?) tennis fans how to select channels other than BBC 1. :D

Surely the Controller of Bbc One needs to learn that regional stuff needs priority.

Anything else BBC TWO can have!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure BBC 2 used to have regional shows. I'm talking ages ago in the analogue era but I'd swear they did

Analogue has gone and regions are not available on digital switchover,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #

i'm fairly sure you're right on that.

A few years back there was some sort of announcement that certain viewers could get their regional news, but others couldn't (in other words those regions that had already said goodbye to analogue couldn't show it- and if you watched on digital you couldn't get it even if it still had an analogue option).
  • Options
    BspksBspks Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they can do what they've done other years and put an extended regional news after us workers have gone to bed so we can't actually watch it.

I'm still waiting for the promised showing of my friend carrying the Olympic torch into Chelmsford that should have been live on Look East, but was canceled due to Wimbledon and was promised to be shown later.
    Still, if I manage to live to be 150 maybe I'll get another chance to watch one
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The regions could take over BBC 2 in the analogue days, but that ability was taken away with the move to digital. Only BBC 1 is regionalised now (in England).

Wasn't there an incident a couple of years ago where the BBC moved the regional news to BBC2, forgetting that large amounts of the country had already switched off analogue and therefore wouldn't get it at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think that Scotland and Wales had their regional news on BBC2. Why did Northern Ireland not have its regional news shown on BBC2?
  • Options
    tedjrrtedjrr Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Surely the Controller of Bbc One needs to learn that regional stuff needs priority.

Anything else BBC TWO can have!

Surely it depends on how large an audience they've built. If they estimate an exceptionally large audience for an ongoing event, then let inertia and conservatism prevail? A given?
  • Options
    djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are right but that was during the analogue era. Digital changed all that as there is no regional opt-out facility on BBC TWO in England.
  • Options
    mikeisyoumikeisyou Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    why cant they put the regional news on iplayer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeisyou wrote: »
    why cant they put the regional news on iplayer?
    :confused: People cannot find channel 2 on their remotes you expect them to find i-player.
  • Options
    Thames/LWTThames/LWT Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    BBC Two had regional daytime news headlines at least until the early noughties. There was a regional doc on Two (Thursday evenings?) for many years.Some regions couldn't opt-out on One and Two at the same time.