Options

The Dan Neal Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving Dan! :D Wish we could have signatures on here, I want to parade my love for him Gina and Dexter in everyone's faces haha.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like him - warts and all. For all the reasons you said, and also because of all the HMs I think he has been so utterly genuine that we've seen the worst of him. There's no deviousness or game-playing with Dan - he is passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve. Such a rare thing in BB.

He seems so warm and kind to me, but also an emotional egotist who huffs and puffs and likes to be right. None of his bad qualities are malicious, nasty or devious - just highly irritating. And I won't lie, it is refreshing to have a clever HM for once. I like Dexter for his intelligence too.

I'm really liking Dan :)

Great post. You sum up why he's my favourite housemate in there :) I really feared he would be leaving this week, but with this secret coming out tonight I think he might be OK.

The twin arguing with him was hilarious... it was embarrassing and cringey to watch :o
  • Options
    hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    I really hope this twist works in Dan's favour and Wolfy is evicted. I don't like the way Wolfy Is trying to discredit Dan by accusing him of being a bully and turning the other housemates against him just because he is perceptive enough to see what she is really like.
  • Options
    WHATEVER MANWHATEVER MAN Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I love him so much, he's brilliant telly and I go weak at the knees whenever he's in a jumper ;)
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like him - warts and all. For all the reasons you said, and also because of all the HMs I think he has been so utterly genuine that we've seen the worst of him. There's no deviousness or game-playing with Dan - he is passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve. Such a rare thing in BB.

He seems so warm and kind to me, but also an emotional egotist who huffs and puffs and likes to be right. None of his bad qualities are malicious, nasty or devious - just highly irritating. And I won't lie, it is refreshing to have a clever HM for once. I like Dexter for his intelligence too.

I'm really liking Dan :)

I could not put it better myself. I love Dan for all the reasons you have said and more. I think that he is the most intelligent and the most interesting housemate that we have had in the house in years and it is so obvious that the majority of the housemates like him too! He is Dan the man and definitely the best person this year, Dan for the win for me!
  • Options
    SourGrapesSourGrapes Posts: 4,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least he's safe for another week - not liking the twist at all though. It was a shame to see him so down on the show tonight so hopefully he bounces back soon
  • Options
    WHATEVER MANWHATEVER MAN Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Aww I just wanted to hug him.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    " Dan the Man" - flawed, as we all are, but a totally real HM.

Enjoying his BB contribution - warts 'n All.....long may he survive :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " Dan the Man" - flawed, as we all are, but a totally real HM.

Enjoying his BB contribution - warts 'n All.....long may he survive :)

Yes, and only the real genuine person in the house for me this year! At least he Is not afraid to say what he thinks!
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posting in here as no posts have been made for a while. Still loving Dan <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too - best housemate this year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourGrapes wrote: »
    Me too - best housemate this year!

Yes, definitely the best housemate this year, loving Dan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed his honest chat with Hazel tonight - I think they have a nice friendship there and she clearly respects him

I don't want to curse him but I think he could last a while in this now - he seems popular with most of the housemates and even Dexter and Gina have positive things to say about him. Hope so anyway - think he'll be the only thing keeping me watching the show soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourGrapes wrote: »
    I enjoyed his honest chat with Hazel tonight - I think they have a nice friendship there and she clearly respects him

I don't want to curse him but I think he could last a while in this now - he seems popular with most of the housemates and even Dexter and Gina have positive things to say about him. Hope so anyway - think he'll be the only thing keeping me watching the show soon!

Yes, I agree. I think Dan is great too and he was very honest with Hazel and a good friend to her too. I just wish Hazel would step away from Daley and be the fun loving Hazel she was when she first went into the house!

But I am hoping that Dan will stay for the final, he is definitely the best housemate for me this year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vote Dan and Gina to go into the safehouse! :D
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Detective Dan on the HL tomorrow. Should be good.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Yesss this needs to happen!
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Detective Dan on the HL tomorrow. Should be good.
    I saw the previews of this on BOTS tonight, it looks like a really fun task. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »

But with the twist that they are going to do, what if they are both automatically up for nominations next week?

Plus do we really want Dan with Gina, will he pick up some of her nastiness?:D
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello! Just nipping in here!

I'm a Gina fan! But i would just like to say I am actually beginning to really like Dan. On live feed he actually proved me very wrong.

I hope him and Gina go to the safe house, so Gina gets immunity and maybe a nice friendship between Gina and Dan can form.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite housemate is Gina too. But I do like Dan.

He's a player, like many of them. But I think he is pretty much as he appears to be.
    I think he's okay and is probably my second favourite housemate at the moment.

I've generally always though he was all right.
    He has his flaws, he can be snappy, and grouchy, but that's not a problem to me.
  • Options
    EnJayKingEnJayKing Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see the Dan Appreciation thread has the 2nd highest post total. Dan To Win!
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I have always liked Dan but think he has come across really well in recent episodes. Hope more people will warm to him now.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very wise words from Dan tonight about the whole sitch with Hazel & Daley being voted into the safe house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always liked Dan but think he has come across really well in recent episodes. Hope more people will warm to him now.

Yeah it's great to see that loads more people are starting to like him now and he doesn't have anyway near the amount of haters he had a few weeks ago. I'm actually starting to think he could possibly win again, he has always had the biggest fanbase after Gina and Dexter, and I really can't see either of them winning. He seems to be picking up more fans by the day as well, so fingers crossed!