Options

Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    RE Medical today: I hope Paulinho wasn't on the same jet as the Equadorian President ....
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy-B wrote: »
    RE Medical today: I hope Paulinho wasn't on the same jet as the Equadorian President ....

Perhaps he'll be swapping gaming tips with Edward Snowden? :eek:
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is encouraging that we are getting down to business now, and hopefully we can get the type of quality spoken of installed by the start of the season.

I would love to have a boring transfer window deadline day, with us already setting a good pace in the league with a quality squad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a long time since I've been on here I don't know why but I'm glad I came back as I have read things that make me feel more positive on here than anywhere else. Isn't this summer dragging?
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    happy first anniversary AVB, and may there be many more. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolina wrote: »
    Its a long time since I've been on here I don't know why but I'm glad I came back as I have read things that make me feel more positive on here than anywhere else. Isn't this summer dragging?

Welcome back :)
    Pee wrote: »
    happy first anniversary AVB, and may there be many more. :)

Yeah, hard to believe it's been a year. I also hope it'll be many more, even though I suspect he'll be under even more pressure to deliver CL football at least this season.
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest gossip from SC Forum:

We're also speaking with Pjanic and Soldado - bit of a way to go yet though but getting positive signals.
  • Options
    LincsDan32LincsDan32 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit concerned that little business was being done or reported, and dreading to think the Dan Levy was waiting for the absolutely very last minutes to start signing players.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carolina wrote: »
    Welcome back!
    Yes, I'm feeling more excited about the start of the new season than I have for a while. I hate to wish the summer away but the season does seem ages away. It's about six weeks, isn't it, now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If he needs any help packing ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parker also getting closer to leaving. Probably only QPR able to match his salary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that is a typically unimaginative 'Arry signing. good luck to them both, and the fact that only a Championship club are in for him speaks volumes IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

Southampton? WTF?

I can only hope it's a tactic from his agent to drum up interest from bigger clubs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    according to the beeb transfer updates ..
    FOOTBALL TRANSFERS
    Brazil midfielder Paulinho will undergo a medical on Friday ahead of his proposed move from Corinthians to Tottenham for a fee of just under 17m, reports BBC Sport's David Ornstein.

The 24-year-old will also meet Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas and chairman Daniel Levy before finalising the terms of a four or five-year contract.

Paulinho arrived in London on Thursday following his involvement in Brazil's Confederations Cup-winning campaign and his medical is scheduled to begin on Friday morning. It continues into the evening and Tottenham will announce the signing late on Friday or in the coming days.

So might be announced later if all goes well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be delighted with that signing! He should improve us immensely, if he settles OK.
  • Options
    withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he will score a few goals. He's a good player but we need a couple of strikers more then Midfielder's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Given ABV likes to play with 5 midfielders (4-2-3-1) and both Parker and THudd aren't up to the job ... I guess we'll be down about £10 mill once those two go, probably not massively different on wages.

Fwiw, I think we're as short on the left-side as we are up front. Literally in the case of Defoe and Danny Rose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    midfield was a massive problem last season when Sandro got injured, so Paulinho makes sense in that regard. he can play in the 2 with Dembele if Sandro doesn't recover in time, and in a 3 with them if he does. plus he scores goals, which we're short on in this team.

the remaining areas of priority for me now are a striker, and upgrades on both Lennon and BAE. Lennon just isn't going to be good enough in a 4-3-3, because his shooting is woeful and his final ball inconsistent at best. Benny is becoming more and more of a liability if we're going to be completely honest, his decision-making is baffling, and he doesn't offer enough going forward. if we were to fix those 3 areas, I think we'll be contenders for the league itself, nevermind just top 4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously I won't be completely relieved until the official announcement but if it's all good then he's a terrific signing. If Sandro can hopefully pick up where he left off, him, Paulinho and Dembele will make a formidable midfield.

Just hope this will be the first of some quality new arrivals.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    ...the remaining areas of priority for me now are a striker, and upgrades on both Lennon and BAE. Lennon just isn't going to be good enough in a 4-3-3, because his shooting is woeful and his final ball inconsistent at best. Benny is becoming more and more of a liability if we're going to be completely honest, his decision-making is baffling, and he doesn't offer enough going forward. if we were to fix those 3 areas, I think we'll be contenders for the league itself, nevermind just top 4
    I have a feeling that Benny's form will be better this coming season, if he is still around but he will be 30 next year, so a replacement must be on the cards soon anyway. Agree about Lennon. If we are going to be playing 4-3-3 during next season we need goals scorers right across the front 3.
  • Options
    Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    I'll be delighted with that signing! He should improve us immensely, if he settles OK.

The $64,000 question!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously I won't be completely relieved until the official announcement but if it's all good then he's a terrific signing. If Sandro can hopefully pick up where he left off, him, Paulinho and Dembele will make a formidable midfield.

Just hope this will be the first of some quality new arrivals.
    It's official!
    https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/353445752741183489/photo/1
This discussion has been closed.