CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And Djourou. Loan with option to buy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23195612
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Appaently RM seem to be jerking us around on the Higuain thing, this is pissing me off TBH :mad:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=306802&start=3690
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    why cant Arsenal be involved in a summer where there is no projected transfer saga
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    why cant Arsenal be involved in a summer where there is no projected transfer saga

I was saying the same thing to Mr Tiron yesterday. Every bleeding summer of late. So tedious!

Anyway, I've decided not to get too excited about any signing - rumoured or real.
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4997997/Gonzalo-Higuain-agrees-23million-move-to-Arsenal.html

A 3 year contract is kind of short. If he does well we are going to have the annual summer contract issues early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thats just what I was saying earlier, unless its 3 years with extensions. £23/25m for a 3 year deal seems crazy.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Thats just what I was saying earlier, unless its 3 years with extensions. £23/25m for a 3 year deal seems crazy.

On the radio last night they were saying its not a 3 year contract. They said the confusion was because we are paying for him over 3 years not that the contract is for 3 years.
  • Options
    law10law10 Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the impression that Arsenal were far from Higuain's first choice, and that he's dragged his feet hoping that someone else comes in. Personal terms were apparently agreed weeks ago.
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    law10 wrote: »
    I get the impression that Arsenal were far from Higuain's first choice, and that he's dragged his feet hoping that someone else comes in. Personal terms were apparently agreed weeks ago.

You do realise that if that was the case (I have no idea) then it means Higuain was more than happy to complete weeks ago don't you? If you are trying to delay a deal from happening then you try and drag that agreement out as long as possible.

If you are going to troll at least try coming up with an argument that makes a little sense!
  • Options
    law10law10 Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    You do realise that if that was the case (I have no idea) then it means Higuain was more than happy to complete weeks ago don't you? If you are trying to delay a deal from happening then you try and drag that agreement out as long as possible.

If you are going to troll at least try coming up with an argument that makes a little sense!

Far from it. The point i was making is that, in my opinion, the player and agent might be using the fact that he's 'definitely going to Arsenal' to persuade a bigger club to bite - maybe Bayern, Chelsea, City, etc, or possibly a team who would pay him a lot more money, like PSG.

Happy to stay out of the thread, though, if Arsenal fans are so incapable of having a grown-up discussion with anyone who might have a slightly different opinion. Good luck winning the North London Shield again!
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Far from it. The point i was making is that, in my opinion, the player and agent might be using the fact that he's 'definitely going to Arsenal' to persuade a bigger club to bite - maybe Bayern, Chelsea, City, etc, or possibly a team who would pay him a lot more money, like PSG.

Happy to stay out of the thread, though, if Arsenal fans are so incapable of having a grown-up discussion with anyone who might have a slightly different opinion. Good luck winning the North London Shield again!

@highlighted: how very "grown-up!"
  • Options
    bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You lost any credence when you said Chelsea was a bigger club!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Good things come to those who wait?

The Higuain deal seems to have stalled. Either the club are preparing a surprise presentation (a la Sol), or Wenger's dithering. I know which one I'm inclined to favour.

Nothing seems to stay secret for so long; with Twitter around it seems every Tom, Dick and 'Arry knows we are interested in the lad. But it could be true Real want more pennies and Arsene would rather refuse to buckle. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless I expect the record fee to be broken, just. It's great that none of our best will leave this summer (Arsene FC doesn't have much stars anyway), but this seems like a golden opportunity to stake a claim for the title. Just what is the club playing at?! Do the business early...
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Mirror Wenger's new contract is taking priority at the moment. As for Higuain its turning in to one of these classic Arsenal interminable drawn out things that only we seem to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would be just like us to lose out because we didnt pay the extra few million :rolleyes: That said RM are being bastards about this (actually doing exactly what we do, waiting a lot).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That said RM are being bastards about this (actually doing exactly what we do, waiting a lot).

Given that there were a lot of reliable media reports from Spain last week that Higuain had been given permission to negotiate with us it suggests that Madrid have nothing to do with the latest delays.

At the end of the day though this happens with all our transfers. With different clubs, different managers, different players; we seem to run into the same delays and issues time after time. The one consistent factor? Arsene! Draw your own conclusions.
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another summer with the same old crap talk.so far looks like we are winning nothing again next season :( time for a massive change .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    Given that there were a lot of reliable media reports from Spain last week that Higuain had been given permission to negotiate with us it suggests that Madrid have nothing to do with the latest delays.

At the end of the day though this happens with all our transfers. With different clubs, different managers, different players; we seem to run into the same delays and issues time after time. The one consistent factor? Arsene! Draw your own conclusions.

Well yeah but other reports suggest Madrid are holding out for 30m Euros, even though we bid 27m Euros (£23.1m) hoping for a compromise? :confused: Hopefully we can reach a deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    £30m bid for Suarez turned down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? :eek:
    Apparently.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10165346/Arsenal-rebuffed-after-audacious-30m-offer-for-Liverpool-striker-Luis-Suarez.html

The Times are running the same story. But it might be because...
    The conspiracy theory might suggest Arsenal made their move to nudge Real Madrid, who have been focusing on Suárez, into completing negotiations with the London club for Gonzalo Higuaín.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    don't see other clubs getting into this long, drawn out transfer circus on such a consistent basis, plus the inability to multi task on transfers is astonishing.
    I'd bet my home on the fact that if we don't end up signing Higuian that there's no other target lined up.
    Wenger's contract should be last on the agenda right now
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    fast left wrote: »
    another summer with the same old crap talk.so far looks like we are winning nothing again next season :( time for a massive change .

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....there is one contract negotiation going swimmingly, Wenger's! Looks like we'll be stuck with him for the duration - therefore, nothing will change :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It really makes no sense does it. We are apparently arguing with Madrid over a million or two but, at the same time, are willing to offer even more for the walking time bomb that is Suarez!

It's no news to anyone really but there is something VERY wrong with our club. Given the comments made by Gazidis at the end of the season (which basically left Wenger without any more excuses) and noting the usual cluster-f*** our transfer activity has become I'd be amazed if they were talking to him about extending his contact.
This discussion has been closed.