Options

Now You Can See Me

humehume Posts: 2,088
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Saw a trailer for this in the lead up to Man of Steel.
This looks really good. Can't believe I've heard nothing about it before now.

It seems like it's a heist movie with multiple twists.
The big names in this movie seem like the right names also. Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrelson and Mark Ruffalo and Isla Fisher.

Comments

• Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the title is 'Now You See me'
    as a play on 'now you see me,now you
    don't ' as conjourers are involved!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there are any mods out there, can you change the thread title to "Now you see me".

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I only saw the trailer a few weeks ago in the cinema and I had never heard of it!

It does look good and maybe could be a surprise hit
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some good set pieces and the cast lifts it above the average but it got worse as the movie when on and seems to think its more clever then it actually is. by the end i felt abit disappointed...far fetched but entertaining 6.5
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it tonight at the Cineworld "Secret Screening" and really quite enjoyed it in an 8/10 way.
    Sure, the end is basically stuck on a flagpole and inserted into your eyes with all the little comments about where to look,
    but the magic stuff was entertaining and the cast performed well. Very enjoyable couple of hours, and about what I was expecting really.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a good film, the cast are great which help the film a lot. There are quite a few funny moments - Woody Harrelson is the main instigator of the funny moments. The story isn't the strongest but it doesn't drag and is still quite enjoyable. Overall I am happy I went to the secret screening.
  • Options
    Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed was pretty good. Got to say was a little disappointed when I saw the title pop up but ending up enjoying it a lot.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Brought a new dvd on Monday allot trailers were coming and Now You See me trailer came up it looks really good.
  • Options
    TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only saw the first trailer at the weekend, then I watched it at the Cineworld Secret Screening. Its one of those films (like Psycho or Sixth Sense) that once you've seen it and know how it's done and why there's no real need to watch it again. I'd still give it 8/10 for entertainment value though.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed it. Really good film
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this film, though felt a little disappointed with the 'reveal'. The cast and dialogue alone make this worth watching. Box office mojo is calling this a surprise hit and has attributed it's success to word of mouth among cinema goers.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I enjoyed this as well. Good fun way to spend a couple of hours. Great cast, decent story, cool magic stuff, and a twist I didn't see coming (think I suspected everyone at some point but the person it turned out to be!).

7.5/10
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,702
    Forum Member
    Thought this looked really good from the trailer :)
    Would love to see it!
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got back from seeing this.

Best film I've seen in a long time, would rate it 10/10

Kept me guessing throughout, and gripped with the action.
    I guessed a few things
    like I guessed Jack wasn't really dead
    , but that didn't ruin my enjoyment.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought this was garbage. im sorry but the whole point of magic is that you can't work out how it was done.. in film it should all be done in one shot without cutaways.. but in this film the 'magic tricks' are done with editing and CGI. it seemed pointless.
    and as for the supposed 'how did they do that moments???' err yeah they just stuck a dead body in the car so you thought it was dave franco dead and put a big mirror in front of the safe. was his supposed to surprise the audience..?
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    i thought this was garbage. im sorry but the whole point of magic is that you can't work out how it was done.. in film it should all be done in one shot without cutaways.. but in this film the 'magic tricks' are done with editing and CGI. it seemed pointless.
    and as for the supposed 'how did they do that moments???' err yeah they just stuck a dead body in the car so you thought it was dave franco dead and put a big mirror in front of the safe. was his supposed to surprise the audience..?
    It was awful...2/10

As for the
    Twist at the end
    ridiculous.

Did like the French Cop.....but where did the romance come from...:confused:
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    Just got back from seeing this.

Best film I've seen in a long time, would rate it 10/10

Kept me guessing throughout, and gripped with the action.
    I guessed a few things
    like I guessed Jack wasn't really dead
    , but that didn't ruin my enjoyment.

Yeah, that was obvious. At no point did I think that
    he had died in the car crash

I did think the whole romance with the cop and Interpol agent was completely random and unnecessary too.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I just got back from watching this and I was really disappointed by it.It dragged in places and I felt it thinks its cleverer than it actually is.I didn't guess the twist at the end but that was the best bit about the film.The whole Eye thing seemed a bit pointless!

This is a film that could have been a lot better if they had worked on the script a bit more!

Only a 6/10 for me which is a pity as I had high hopes for it!
  • Options
    abhabh Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I just got back from watching this and I was really disappointed by it.It dragged in places and I felt it thinks its cleverer than it actually is.I didn't guess the twist at the end but that was the best bit about the film.The whole Eye thing seemed a bit pointless!

This is a film that could have been a lot better if they had worked on the script a bit more!

Only a 6/10 for me which is a pity as I had high hopes for it!

i also felt similar.

certain things like they kept saying through out the movie about misdirection, it felt we have missed something, something obvious and they are hiding it well...
    in the end they exited from the plot and gave a twist of real magic... why, it spoiled the fun of a heist which was going.

other things like one of the magicians was able to fight a cop in his apt like a martial artist and at the entrance of the building handcuffed two cops.. they were magicians.. all this was a bit over the top trying to mix misdirection, street fight capability, then real magic...

the Interpol girl was useless, only giggling like she was there to get proposed and settle to the main character in the end.

money from paris bank must have been euro, how they managed swivle such a huge into america in one day and get it in cash in US dollars?

what about the bank transfer made from that guys account, with no phn call, sms, confirmation to him.. they just hack into the account of this asking bunch of questions..

too much of a mixture without showing proper links
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to watch this later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just got back from watching it and thought it was "okay", although I think it fell apart by the end and I found the smug/patronising characters pretty annoying, that said, it was enjoyable enough as long as you don't scrutinise the plot too much and just sit back and enjoy the ride. It would definitely have been better if they'd tried to ground it a bit more, because in the end it just wasn't as clever as it thought it was.

6.5/10
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,057
    Forum Member
    Saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty good... 7/10

Some really great set pieces.

Although, the ending is a bit weak (sadly thats typical Hollywood) and a few of the minor plot threads seem to go nowhere/get lost along the way.
  • Options
    Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It undermined the entire point of magic, which is to see something in front of your eyes that you can't believe and don't know how was done. The heavy CGI was responsible. For example, Isla Fisher floating around in a bubble and conjuring an 8ft tall object out of some pieces of cloth were obviously special effects and seemed out of place in the realistic element of the tricks.

However, it was a reasonably entertaining summer flick, not much more. The cast were great (Harrelson, Laurent and Freeman in particular) and the script had some great lines. Nevertheless, it faultered by having thinly sketched characters and a plot that increasingly lost its way.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from the cinema and me and my friend had to walk out after an hour. It was just so utterly, utterly tediously boring it just did us in. To be honest, the film lost me after about 20 minutes - I found myself getting increasingly irritated with the characters and that feeling only increased.

If it had been a 80-90 minute film then i'd most likely have stuck it out to the end, but when I realised we had another 56 minutes to go, we had to bail out.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Seen Now You See Me yesterday it's a good film better then I thought and enjoyed it very much, look foward to collecting it on dvd.