Options

What is the Worst Movie that you have ever seen?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Sex Lives Of The Potato Men', with Johnny Vegas and Mackenzie Crook. Unwatchable.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    The American is a very good film, very underated in my opinion.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Happening for sure.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The American and The Happening are both bullshit films.

Funny Games remake with Naomi Watts was pretty bad as well.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Field In England - it's clever, shocks and makes you think - do I ever want to see it again - no :eek:
  • Options
    enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attack of the Block.
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there are many but the one that irked me most recently was Percy Jackson and the lightening thief. I really enjoyed the book and brought the film after only got half way through it before turning off it was dire
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    Freddy got fingered-I wanted to rip my eyeballs out it was that bad

Is it rated 18? It's one of those movies you'd really enjoy watching as a 12 year-old..
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I agree with a lot of the choices.I was going to say something like Keith Lemon The film,or a film that Russell Brand has appeared in.Really crap IMO.But if I had to pick the very worst I've had to sit through.It's probably Gerry with Matt Damon,in which he and a friend go hitch-hiking across the desert.Very slow,very dull,and very painful.It actually cured my insomnia.
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Is The End

I can't understand the decent reviews this self indulgent, badly acted, puerile mess has received.
  • Options
    BlueZane00BlueZane00 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    In terms of ones that I've seen to the end, I would say Mortal Kombat. Just about every aspect of that film was dire.

Worst film I've seen recently was Valhalla Rising. Now, I'm all for arty, ambiguous, and meaningful films, but there's a limit to how much a viewer should be expected to read into a film. Sometimes, an empty vessel is just that.
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Apollo 13
    Ocean's 12
    All the Friday The 13th's
    The Fog.

You got a thing about films with numbers in their names or something?:p
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I'd have to say The Thin Red Line - amazing cast but just soooooo dull and remains the only film I've ever walked out of the cinema on.
    Also I went to see Horrid Henry the Movie with my kids - Oh My God that was awful. Insufferable little shits. If I could've gone into the movie screen and hacked them all to death with a blunt axe I would've. And Angelica Houston was in it!! She's brilliant!!

Blimey. I thought you were referring to your kids as insufferable little shits on first reading. I'm all for unsentimental parenting but there are limits.
  • Options
    littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Box

Confessions Of A Shopaholic (really disappointed with this one as the books are so good!)
  • Options
    BlueZane00BlueZane00 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I would also add Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. A lesson in how not to make a film.
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pirates of the Caribbean series of films, maybe you have to be of a certain age but I had no idea what was going on, granted I didn't give them my full attention, but still seemed bad to me
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlander 2....why...just why.
  • Options
    ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 Films spring to mind.

Sleepaway Camp
    This was recommended by someone on youtube as being a great cult classic horror film. Great my arse. It was the worst pile of crap I've ever seen.

The Matrix.
    One of my mates wanted to see it when it came out at the cinema so I went with him. I didn't understand it at all. It was just the longest most boring 2 hours of my life.

Last House On The Left
    I know a lot of people love this film and it's supposed to be a cult horror classic but when I saw it I just thought this is dire. It was so boring. The acting was terrible. Why it's got the reputation it's got I'll never know.
  • Options
    mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Sky Fall terrible, switched off about 30 minutes in. I watched Despicable Me 2 last week and can remember the whole plot, can't remember much about Sky Fall as it was unforgettable.

Wouldn't bother with The Hobbit because I know I will hate it.

Going back a bit, The Blair Witch Project was boring and not scary in the slightest for me.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,780
    Forum Member
    I remember being dragged to seen an appalling film called Congo once. I can't remember too much about it (brain bleach!), but I do remember Tim Curry being in it.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently, "Madison County" which was amateurish beyond belief.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Relatively recent efforts would be:

Iron Man 2
    Transformers
    The Hobbit
    The Happening (just LOL)
    Battle Los Angeles

All five were just excrement.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy to see I'm not the only one who thought The Happening was awful :D I genuinely thought Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel were taking the piss.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsNick wrote: »
    3 Films spring to mind.

Sleepaway Camp
    This was recommended by someone on youtube as being a great cult classic horror film. Great my arse. It was the worst pile of crap I've ever seen.

The Matrix.
    One of my mates wanted to see it when it came out at the cinema so I went with him. I didn't understand it at all. It was just the longest most boring 2 hours of my life.

Last House On The Left
    I know a lot of people love this film and it's supposed to be a cult horror classic but when I saw it I just thought this is dire. It was so boring. The acting was terrible. Why it's got the reputation it's got I'll never know.

Sleepaway camp wasnt the best (im being polite) but i was astounded by the ending. I had read it had a shock ending, but i deffo didnt see it coming. Worth watching once for that alone