Options

The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be very bad-minded. You wouldn’t get me on there if there wasn’t a prize. Waste of my time and effort....*kicks pebble along the pavement*

Sue, I have to admit that, in the unlikely event that I ever appear on a TV quiz show, it would be for the money too.
    I've lost count of the number of times I phoned in to try to take part in the 'Who wants to be a millionaire' show and was never picked.
    Big money would always be my driving force in appearing on TV. So you're in good company. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think The London Dungeon was the right answer.
    I don't know where it is now but, for years, it was next to London Bridge station, not along the South Bank.
  • Options
    workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The camera operative is bl..dy irritating,viewing from above,just as the tokens about to fall over they pull away to a different camera view underneath.i could do a better job myself.i would have the view above the tokens 98% of the time.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    workhorse wrote: »
    The camera operative is bl..dy irritating,viewing from above,just as the tokens about to fall over they pull away to a different camera view underneath.i could do a better job myself.i would have the view above the tokens 98% of the time.

Eh:confused: think you've tipped on to the wrong thread:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wrong thread. This is 'The Chase'.
  • Options
    workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread. This is 'The Chase'.

ha ha ha,pardon me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha ha ha,pardon me.

Easy mistake to make. It's very hot. :D
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,310
    Forum Member
    Strange. Mark really tried to convince her not to go down the middle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Strange. Mark really tried to convince her not to go down the middle.

I suppose it's his job to see that the contestants walk away with as little money as possible.
    Looks like he's succeeding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't deserve to win. They missed out on some very easy questions in the final chase.
    I can't remember all of them but three come to mind....
    1. They didn't know what a tam o' shanter is
    2. They thought that Marvin Hagler was a snooker player &
    3. They thought the rhumba originated in Jamaica. :eek:
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very boring last chase they showed at the end there.
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    They don't deserve to win. They missed out on some very easy questions in the final chase.
    I can't remember all of them but three come to mind....
    1. They didn't know what a tam o' shanter is
    2. They thought that Marvin Hagler was a snooker player &
    3. They thought the rhumba originated in Jamaica. :eek:

Ooh VQ your often repeated mantra is "only easy if you know the answer" :):cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    Ooh VQ your often repeated mantra is "only easy if you know the answer" :):cool:

That's so true :o. But such basic questions!
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think The London Dungeon was the right answer.
    I don't know where it is now but, for years, it was next to London Bridge station, not along the South Bank.

Took me 30 seconds to find the answer to that one....
    On the 31st January 2013, the London Dungeon closed its doors after 39 years at Tooley Street, London Bridge. The attraction moved to London’s County Hall on the South Bank, next to the London Eye in March 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Dungeon
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Last episode of The Chase today for at least two months. :)

Apart from tomorrow's episode of course............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rroses wrote: »
    Took me 30 seconds to find the answer to that one....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Dungeon

Aha! Thanks, Rroses. So I was right. The London Dungeon had not been on the South Bank longer than the London Aquarium or the Eye.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha! Thanks, Rroses. So I was right. The London Dungeon had not been on the South Bank longer than the London Aquarium or the Eye.

It depends on how you define "South Bank". Where the Dungeon was, in Tooley Street, is the first road on the left after crossing London Bridge so is very close to the south bank of the Thames.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on how you define "South Bank". Where the Dungeon was, in Tooley Street, is the first road on the left after crossing London Bridge so is very close to the south bank of the Thames.

What you say is perfectly true but Tooley Street isn't on any bank. The London Dungeon wasn't even on that side of Tooley Street which backs onto the bank of the Thames.
    What's more, the area generally known as 'the South Bank' is where the Festival Hall is sited and where the Eye and the London Aquarium can be found.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you say is perfectly true but Tooley Street isn't on any bank. The London Dungeon wasn't even on that side of Tooley Street which backs onto the bank of the Thames.
    What's more, the area generally known as 'the South Bank' is where the Festival Hall is sited and where the Eye and the London Aquarium can be found.

Yes, what you say is perfectly true too! :)
  • Options
    RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the original question anyway? I didn't see the programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rroses wrote: »
    What was the original question anyway? I didn't see the programme.

Hahaha. It was along the lines...... Which has been on the South Bank the longest?
    London Aquarium......... London Eye......London Dungeon.
    The answer was the London Dungeon which, I thought, was wrong. I still think it was wrong. But I won't lose any sleep over it. :)
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    That's so true :o. But such basic questions!

Only basic if you know the answer...............:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Anyone got any idea when Series 7 is going to be broadcast? I'm on it so just curious!
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,310
    Forum Member
    Kim_Watts wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea when Series 7 is going to be broadcast? I'm on it so just curious!

End of September onwards.
  • Options
    calderyoncalderyon Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great quiz show... One of the best, if not the best ever. Good idea, good host and good chasers.

Really dislike the low offer goers on the program, especially when it´s a minus offer. Bit of a cop out IMO. When they do that i always secretly hope that the chaser catches them. I always respect the ones that go for the higher offer. It shows courage.

I would go for the middle or the high.

Too bad it has gone to a break...:(
This discussion has been closed.