Options

Women wearing vests.

wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I the only one who thinks the vast majority of women look awful in vests? Why do so many large ladies wear leggings and vest, it does them no favours at all, there's a middle aged woman who often gets on my bus, she's a larger lady but always looks so well turned out, chic and classy, being large doesn't mean you have to look like a bag of spanners, what do you think of vests on women, like or not, I always think they mostly look cheap and horrid.

Comments

• Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Dress for the body you have, not the body you want"

For starters, they'd probably look better in a bra and vest the right size.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't give a shit what anyone thinks. I'll wear what is cool and comfortable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »

Your're not that naked rambler chap are you?
  • Options
    Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »

i wish I was more like this - I spend ages changing clothes to look right...
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your're not that naked rambler chap are you?

Indoors, maybe.

In public? Not so much.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because men look so fit in their grubby vests with their flabby arms and beer guts hanging out underneath? Just shut up, OP.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't wear one then.
  • Options
    StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks the vast majority of women look awful in vests? Why do so many large ladies wear leggings and vest, it does them no favours at all, there's a middle aged woman who often gets on my bus, she's a larger lady but always looks so well turned out, chic and classy, being large doesn't mean you have to look like a bag of spanners, what do you think of vests on women, like or not, I always think they mostly look cheap and horrid.
    I totally agree. I see it all the time and it's disgusting.
    I have seen ladies wearing leggings and you can clearly see there underwear. :eek:
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's the vests that are offensive, it's when they're worn with leggings. A vest and a floaty gypsy skirt would look much nicer, and be much cooler on warm days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about Sigourney Weaver in Alien? Aliens? Alien 3?.........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Because men look so fit in their grubby vests with their flabby arms and beer guts hanging out underneath? Just shut up, OP.

To you may be, but as a lady I prefer men to look like they've at least had a wash, and have some manners too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bugloss wrote: »
    what about Sigourney Weaver in Alien? Aliens? Alien 3?.........

They do look ok on some women, if you're fighting aliens or fleeing from a cyborgh sent from the future.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member

What would you know - you're wearing a fox hat and probably look like <this> :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    What would you know - you're wearing a fox hat and probably look like <this> :p

I know lots of women don't look nice in a vest, luckily my sex doesn't need to shave their face, well mostly
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wear a long sleeved Damart vest in winter! Love it.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some lovely clothes on display this summer - gorgeous floaty dresses, strappy sandals, pretty tops and skirts, cropped trousers and t-shirts. The vest and leggings combo is worn by the minority - and even so, who cares? If I was young enough and slender enough, I'd probably wear something similar. Very comfy.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed anyone gives a sh*t...
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Yay, another topic for the DS terminal moaners to whinge and cry about.
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its terrible the way women wear vests, have careers and go out to vote. :mad:
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like vests on women whether they are large or not. What I don't like is if they don't wash or shave their armpits especially in the summer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    I know its terrible the way women wear vests, have careers and go out to vote. :mad:

And the connection between vests and votes is?
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i live in vests and care not what anyone else thinks.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pah! How dare overweight people wear clothing that keeps them cool and comfortable in the heat?

Muumuu's for all!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member

I wear vests. But obviously won't now I know your opinion on them.