Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 51)

Comments

• Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,617
    Forum Member
    BBC One were obviously ready and waiting to cut although i have to say it would have been easier to do a BBC News Special from 7 - 7.30, there was warning they would be out shortly.

ITV News had it right, staying on air, got the first question, good coverage, well done.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    northlad wrote: »
    Really stupid scheduling from BBC1 tonight.
    Kate just wanted to get home before Eastenders was on. :D
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Apparently BBC1 just did a hard cut from The One Show to the News Channel, no presentation or ident at all. A complete unprofessional mess.

Not like your biased or anything ! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question, will EE be on at its normal time tonight?

The events of Albert Square are far more important to me, than this baby.
  • Options
    Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we going to get an Emmerdale / Eastenders clash at 7.30pm?
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale to get a head start on Eastenders ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised ITV didn't run right through to 7:30, surely people could switch over to BBC1/News channel now and forget about Emmerdale
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beeb, ITV and Sky were given permission to ask 1 question each, but the screaming crowd meant you couldn't hear the questions, only the answers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, ITV coverage was really good, as others said the humour and comments from Alistar Stewart was really good.
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre reaction on here.

The BBC showed EVERYTHING totally LIVE on BBC One. They didn't join late, they didn't miss a thing, and they didn't witter on and on about nothing for 45 minutes beforehand.

It was entirely appropriate scheduling. Spot on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday, if two channels showed footage of a door people on here would complain, and now that they've just shown the bit people were waiting for people are still complaining. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. BBC did not miss a thing, they showed the important bit, with minimum disruption to their schedule. Personally I think the BBC did the right thing.

Nah, its about the build-up to the moment as much as the moment itself. Do you think anyone that was interested was watching the One Show highlights safe in the knowledge that the BBC would switch 30 seconds before they came out ?

No, they'd be looking elsewhere.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    nthorn wrote: »
    I'm surprised ITV didn't run right through to 7:30, surely people could switch over to BBC1/News channel now and forget about Emmerdale

Switch over to what? ITV's coverage ended when William and Kate drove off. There's nothing else to say.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    right im going to go see if I can get my EastEnders fix tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Switch over to what? ITV's coverage ended when William and Kate drove off. There's nothing else to say.

BBC carried on talking and stuff.
    Though it's worked out just right, forgot about the Weather. Emmerdale seems to be starting at just about half past :)
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,675
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    Me thinks Mr Stewart has said quite enough already:

Gary Raymond ‏@GaryRaymond_ 2m
    Alistair Stewart, a man so stern his eyebrows suggest he hasn't been blown since 1962, just said the opening of a door was, I quote, genius.

PMSL. :D
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emm starting now, 7.28pm - well done ITV, stuck with it and made the BBC look also rans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders and Emmerdale both kick-off at 7.28pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ronant wrote: »
    Bizarre reaction on here.

The BBC showed EVERYTHING totally LIVE on BBC One. They didn't join late, they didn't miss a thing, and they didn't witter on and on about nothing for 45 minutes beforehand.

It was entirely appropriate scheduling. Spot on.

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself there, ronant.
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    BBC were all wrong tonight.

The Lindo Wing has a lovely set of doors and BBC1 viewers missed out on the camera being fixed on them for 15 minutes.

At least ITV gave the doors the coverage they deserved. Bravo!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Me thinks Mr Stewart has said quite enough already:

Gary Raymond ‏@GaryRaymond_ 2m
    Alistair Stewart, a man so stern his eyebrows suggest he hasn't been blown since 1962, just said the opening of a door was, I quote, genius.

PMSL. :D

Bless him. :o
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Nah, its about the build-up to the moment as much as the moment itself. Do you think anyone that was interested was watching the One Show highlights safe in the knowledge that the BBC would switch 30 seconds before they came out ?

No, they'd be looking elsewhere.

Yes, I cared as much about looking at a door than I did about seeing the first glimpse of a future king.

We all know nothing on here is actually about the coverage anyway, opinions are formed based on what channels it's on and nothing more.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a non-event - we saw the top of a baby's head and two fingers.

Has someone checked that Kate's not still got another one inside, it was a big old tum there. Is this an NHS hospital? :)

It's turned Robbie republican has this BBC screw up! I wonder what the effect on little Lord Ronant will be! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I cared as much about looking at a door than I did about seeing the first glimpse of a future king.

We all know nothing on here is actually about the coverage anyway, opinions are formed based on what channels it's on and nothing more.

The door is irrelevant, just a deflection. The BBC pleased no one tonight. Neither those that wanted to see the royal baby or fans of the One Show highlights.

It was amateur.
  • Options
    Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the ratings:- ITV news special inherits the audience for Emm at 7pm, they stick with the news special and then onto Emm at 7.28/7.30pm.

BBC1's audience for the One Show lower because it's a repeat, switches over to ITV for the news special and stays there?

Whatever way you look at it, ITV has trumped the national broadcaster who opted for a compilation/repeat magazine show, then had to cut into it - that makes the BBC look 2nd rate.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revised schedule tonight:

BBC One
    19:00 - The One Show: Best of Britain
    19:15 - BBC News Special
    19:30 - EastEnders

ITV
    18:30 - ITV News & Weather
    19:30 - Emmerdale