Options

First episode of Doctor Who?

Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,311
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is everyone's first episode of Doctor Who? Mine like many other (probably) was Rose back in 2005 on its broadcast date, never heard of Doctor Who before hand but became a die hard fan for life :D:D

Comments

• Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tooth and Claw :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five Doctors.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose (26th March 2005 - aged 11).
  • Options
    capt. tancredicapt. tancredi Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    The Two Doctors in 1985, which scared the bej**zus out of 5-year-old me :eek:.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently I was mesmerised by it before this but the first one I can remember watching was The Curse of Peladon Jan - Feb 1972!
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time and the Rani. Yet for some reason I persisted.
  • Options
    YosheeYoshee Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Well I started around series 2. I think I watched part of School Reunion, then caught the last few minutes of The Girl in the Fireplace. My first full episode was Rise of the Cybermen, and then The Age of Steel. I remember being quite scared, but I also really enjoyed those episodes, and I still like them to this day, no matter what people say about the Cybus Cybermen. That was 2006 so I would've been... 10. :eek:

After that I don't think I watched any until the cliffhanger of Army of Ghosts... can't remember if I watched Doomsday after that. But maybe that's part of the reason why I've always loved Series 2, because it's where I started watching from.

Following that, I'm pretty sure I became a regular viewer, watching The Runaway Bride and Series 3 as they aired, and catching up on Series 1 and 2. And I've been a fan ever since, haha. It's only this year really that I've become a proper die-hard Whovian though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first episode (techincally) was "Cold Blood", the last ten minutes actually.

My first complete story was "The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang".

I remember rather well thinking "Are those trashcans talking?"
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I'd dabbled with Doctor Who before but technically it was Rose, in 2006, when it was on NTL on-demand for free.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    Time and the Rani. Yet for some reason I persisted.

Same with me, that's the earliest story I have clear memories of watching the original broadcast. I have a vague memory of seeing a Cybermen scene (I think from Earthshock part 2) when I was very young.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,487
    Forum Member
    Rose - (26th March 2005, aged 13) :)
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know I had assumed this board was full of cynical 30 somethings like me who the glory of having THE Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy as their Doctor.

Turns out I'm just old. Humbug!
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,275
    Forum Member
    "The Sea Devils" is the earliest memory I have, but it was repeated a couple of times so I am not sure which one I remember. But I also remember "Invasion Of The Dinosaurs", "Death To The Daleks", "Planet Of The Spiders", "The Green Death", "Planet Of The Daleks", so it all centres on that era.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,059
    Forum Member
    Earliest memories will be the Pertwee era the Giant Maggots in The Green Death, The Queen Spider in Planet Of The Spiders, Bessie and especially Mike Yates turning rouge which would have been my first encounter of the 'good guy turning bad' scenario, shocking stuff for a then 5 year old.

Apart from the Pertwee/Baker regeneration a random scene in City Of Death, a Sontaran taking his helmet of in The Sontaran Experiment and the characters of Leela and K9 in general, I have very few recollections of the Tom Baker era even though I watched them all. It was just TV too me I was never an avid soak it all in fan.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tv movie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the repeats on TV as a kid, can't remember which was my first but the first one I remember is The Sea Devils. The first one I watched on the day of broadcast was probably a Colin Baker/McCoy episode.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    An Unearthyly Child - aged 5 loved it then and still do.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first story I have any memory of would be the Hand of Fear. But the only scene I remember specifically was of Sarah Jane and the hand and thinking she found it in a lunch box, or something.

My first concious memories of watching entire stories would be around Traken/Logopolis, with Davison's era being the first I remember watching properly.
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Eleventh Hour - Fell in love with the show in that one episode.
  • Options
    C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    The Mind Robber episode one was the first one I watched fully. First one I caught glimpses of was The Time Meddler episode four, but I kept going in and out of the house while it was on and I only kept catching two minutes of it each time.

That was the 1993 repeat season at the time, so it was a breeze getting up to speed with all the classic Doctors then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    An Unearthyly Child - aged 5 loved it then and still do.

Kudos! :cool:
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »
    "The Sea Devils" is the earliest memory I have, but it was repeated a couple of times so I am not sure which one I remember. But I also remember "Invasion Of The Dinosaurs", "Death To The Daleks", "Planet Of The Spiders", "The Green Death", "Planet Of The Daleks", so it all centres on that era.

Green Death for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    The first story I have any memory of would be the Hand of Fear. But the only scene I remember specifically was of Sarah Jane and the hand and thinking she found it in a lunch box, or something.

My first concious memories of watching entire stories would be around Traken/Logopolis, with Davison's era being the first I remember watching properly.

This was exactly my only memory of that story ttoo, Tupperware took on a whole new meaning from then on and still makes me think of a disembodied hand!

I was eating cocktail sausages on the day Magnus Greel's wrinkly pink face was revealed too. Put me off cocktail sausages for years!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Technically it was the non-canon 1963 movie which was constantly repeated and I watched it with my mum, but I was too young and it was too boring.

But my first real episode was Rose in 2005 - I was ten and overjoyed it was more modern than the old one. Watched it right up until The Empty child, but then everyone in my playground started running around screaming 'Are you my mummy?' Freaked me out so I abandoned the show.

Went back to it when I was 14, on the repeats on BBC Three - it was The Sound of Drums. There was nothing else on telly and I reluctantly watched and since then Doctor Who has been my guilty pleasure. (apart from during half of series five and all of six when I literally gave up on the show.)
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose back in 2005 when I was 9