Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The Vauxhall ad with the rap. What are "Chip shop thoughts"?
    Thoughts you have in a chip shop?
  • Options
    Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I quite like the catdog advert as it makes me smile but I do not like baiting adverts like this simply because they expect people to then go online and find out what the heck its all about so they can then try and sell to you (something they should have done during the advert).

Its like those annoying people on Facebook who write cryptic messages about something that is going on so they can sit there feeling smug and waiting for you to ask "whats going on" or "what happened" .... don't waste my time just tell me straight away.
  • Options
    Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    "You buy one you get one free, I say you buy one you get one free"

No I don't cos I would never buy anything from somebody that shouts at me or wears a cape!
  • Options
    thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the message, but I do like the Cat/Dog, especially the face it makes when leaning out of the car window.

I liked it originally, but because they're showing it so much, it's ruined it for me :( However, I've never liked the message :mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Its like those annoying people on Facebook who write cryptic messages about something that is going on so they can sit there feeling smug and waiting for you to ask "whats going on" or "what happened" .... don't waste my time just tell me straight away.
    I saw a something on line yesterday headed "The ten most annoying things people do on Facebook". What you described was one of them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the Galaxy one. Born river... JUST SHUT UP!!!!! I feel like throwing a frying pan at the Telly!
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Lucky Sevens (or whatever its called) advert with the people all cheering really really really really really really really slowly because they have won something! I have to mute it when it comes on :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why Barbara Windsor, Jackpot bingo? Why?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Why are they still running that moronic Green Flag advert.

Are there idiots out there who actually believe that Green Flag are any better than the other vehicle rescue organisations because of this advert?

I hope not for our sakes.

Idiots driving cars is a recipe for disaster!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rogcal wrote: »
    Why are they still running that moronic Green Flag advert.

Are there idiots out there who actually believe that Green Flag are any better than the other vehicle rescue organisations because of this advert?

I hope not for our sakes.

Idiots driving cars is a recipe for disaster!

I loathe that one with a passion! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the message, but I do like the Cat/Dog, especially the face it makes when leaning out of the car window.

Is that the one where the cat jumps in the swimming pool? how do they train a cat to do that?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Is that the one where the cat jumps in the swimming pool? how do they train a cat to do that?:confused:

Exactly, I mean, what the hell? :confused::confused::confused::confused::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also nominate EE adverts. That stupid Keith Bacon....:mad::mad: he probably didn't even know what Deal or no Deal was before they told him. :D:D:D
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sky broadband , first they have Bruce willis then Al Pacino then.... Jeff selling! Lol
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely LOATHE the horrible talking knickers between programmes on Really! They're just horrible! Plus they combine TALKING KNICKERS with one of my other pet hates, speech bubbles with a written version of what you're hearing - who needs that? If you can't hear, you have the subtitles on, we don't need to read what we're hearing at the same time too! Especially when it's knickers talking about being a breath of fresh air.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    That stupid Keith Bacon....:mad::mad:
    It's KEVIN Bacon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orion wrote: »
    It's KEVIN Bacon!

Oops, oh yeah :D:D:D
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orion wrote: »
    It's KEVIN Bacon!

Have you seen the new Sky ad with Jeff Stelling replacing Bruce Willis and Jeff takes the girl off to see Hartlepool :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm-S31FRrhs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Have you seen the new Sky ad with Jeff Stelling replacing Bruce Willis and Jeff takes the girl off to see Hartlepool :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm-S31FRrhs

:D:D:D I haven't seen that one on the TV yet. No doubt now I've posted about it here I will. :p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Garnier adverts are really annoying me. They're deafening me with their "It's a good day" tune.... Well, can I tell you something Garnier? It's not a good day for me when you're on the TV!
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SINGING. MEERKATS. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inaccurate more than annoying (is to me !), but Sky's shorts with founder members of the Football League for it's 125 year anniversary. They are at Accrington Stanley were one player says they are founder members. That was Accrington FC. This Stanley club weren't even the original Stanley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the singing meerkats one, did anybody know there's two now? One with Alexander singing with a ginger-haired man, and the other with him singing about toy meerkats. The pain! :mad::mad:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »

I think you will find that has been computerized .. just like most of the ads :mad:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Also, the Galaxy one. Born river... JUST SHUT UP!!!!! I feel like throwing a frying pan at the Telly!

It's Moon River :D

Awful ad, the girl looks scary :eek:
This discussion has been closed.