Options

Fed up with the absolute rubbish being spoken about Hazel!

KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Daley tweeting that Charlie 'has his back' or 'is sticking up for him' for her comment during 'cucumber gate' was the final straw for me.

The outpouring of venom and hostility towards Hazel, Daley AND THE PUBLIC'S refusal to accept that what happened in the safe house was Daley's fault and even the mere suggestion that Hazel in some way 'asked for it' is a truly absurd disgusting notion. In fact all the attitudes and insults have been deeply rooted in misogyny.:mad:

Does anyone else feel furious at some of the depth of hatred towards Hazel for no justified reason??
Daley now stating that somehow Charlie has grasped that he was a poor weak soul in some way manipulated by Hazel is just mind boggling. i am honestly surprised he hasn't been questioned by police for his actions.

The fact he has any support whatsoever makes me feel ill.

The fact people can't grasp how thoroughly nasty Charlie was last night, aided by the biased edit from BB producers.

Male fm's posting about the 'trivial nature' of the incident with Daley,talking about things they cannot possibly understand. 'how do you know she was scared' etc where do you even start with this mentality! :confused: :mad:

i'm guessing not many will agree with me.

Comments

• Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daley was wrong, but Hazel played her part in it as well, and I feel she should have been removed as well as Daley.
  • Options
    HIGHERSTATEHIGHERSTATE Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KittyKream wrote: »
    Daley tweeting that Charlie 'has his back' or 'is sticking up for him' for her comment during 'cucumber gate' was the final straw for me.

The outpouring of venom and hostility towards Hazel, Daley AND THE PUBLIC'S refusal to accept that what happened in the safe house was Daley's fault and even the mere suggestion that Hazel in some way 'asked for it' is a truly absurd disgusting notion. In fact all the attitudes and insults have been deeply rooted in misogyny.:mad:

Does anyone else feel furious at some of the depth of hatred towards Hazel for no justified reason??
    Daley now stating that somehow Charlie has grasped that he was a poor weak soul in some way manipulated by Hazel is just mind boggling. i am honestly surprised he hasn't been questioned by police for his actions.

The fact people can't grasp how thoroughly nasty Charlie was last night, aided by the biased edit from BB producers.

Male fm's posting about the 'trivial nature' of the incident with Daley,talking about things they cannot possibly understand. 'how do you know she was scared' etc where do you even start with this mentality! :confused: :mad:

Yup, well said...

Its all made up nonsense...

blame the producers and the edit! Desperate for a story!
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth would you follow Daley on twitter then? If you don't like what you read, unfollow him.
    I am not in any way condoning what Daley did or has said since he left the house, but unpleasant things will be said about ALL BB housemates - just don't give yourself extra opportunities to read them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    OP there are alot of people agreeing with you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not EVIL and she's not a WITCH!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniMeToo wrote: »
    Daley was wrong, but Hazel played her part in it as well, and I feel she should have been removed as well as Daley.

Hazel did absolutely nothing to be removed for, as you well know.

Yes, to the OP, it is sickening and genuinely depressing how savage people feel justified in being about Hazel; it really is just like the outpouring of venom that never fails to hit social media every time there is a rape story where the victim was drunk or immodestly dressed. There is obviously a deep and very nasty vein of misogyny alive and well in our society.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, to the OP, it is sickening and genuinely depressing how savage people feel justified in being about Hazel; it really is just like the outpouring of venom that never fails to hit social media every time there is a rape story where the victim was drunk or immodestly dressed. There is obviously a deep and very nasty vein of misogyny alive and well in our society.

Had a male pulled down Hazel's trousers like she did his, she'd have been removed. But because it was done by a woman, it was deemed okay.
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

she put a pillow over his face, pulled his shorts down, that alone was wrong, she egged him on saying come on bring it on motherf--ker, as I said he was wrong to put his hands around her throat, but she riled him up so bad, she wouldn't have got away with what she did if she did it to me.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually it was a lot of Female Posters who were saying this not male.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why follow Daley on Twitter :confused: yes he was in the wrong but the man eater played her part
  • Options
    callym1980callym1980 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with every word except BIB, I have a different opinion on cucumbergate but this is not really the thread for it! I am not a Hazel fan but the trivialisation of the Daley situation makes me very cross!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member

She got a warning which I feel was suffice, she didn't threaten to nut Daley or did she restrain him by the throat. He got what he deserved and if it's to go even further he should be getting a official police warning.

Hazel didn't ask for it, it's just like a house wife asked her husband to beat her up just cause she stood up to him.

Absurd.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    It's a bummer when you support an unpopular housemate innit?! But people are entitled to opinions maybe your post would be better to tackle the level animosity not that it exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is just the sort of comment I cannot abide.
    WHY should hazel of been removed? :confused: She received a warning which should be enough for those with a skewed take on the Daley incident but no they are still not satisfied.
    Yup, well said...

Its all made up nonsense...

blame the producers and the edit! Desperate for a story!

I also blame the public for not having the intelligence to see what is going on and i blame them further for their unsavoury desire to blame the woman in the scenario,come what may.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also blame the public for not having the intelligence to see what is going on and i blame them further for their unsavoury desire to blame the woman in the scenario,come what may.

I don't care who was/is to blame..Its been done to death times ten over and over again with no conclusions...

Why would people want to think it through when they can get the rush out of being OUTRAGED and HATEFUL!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth would you follow Daley on twitter then? If you don't like what you read, unfollow him.
    I am not in any way condoning what Daley did or has said since he left the house, but unpleasant things will be said about ALL BB housemates - just don't give yourself extra opportunities to read them.

I don't follow Daley on twitter,i don't follow anybody.
    im not a member of any social media.

I'm glad someone sees the situation the way i do. I think sometimes when I read the posts on here i'm going mad..:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The public would like 18 priors to be taken into account m'lud, and wish to state here before the court that they won't be doing it again as they've learned the error of their ways and only wish to go straight if they had the chance..
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    It's a bummer when you support an unpopular housemate innit?! But people are entitled to opinions maybe your post would be better to tackle the level animosity not that it exists.

Yes they are. Id Hazel is hated she is hated, If Gina is Hated she is hated and do on. Posts like this will do nothing to change people's minds. All it does is gets more people going.

"She desereved it" etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member

Agreed and I think BB's reluctance to admit that what happened was abuse pure and simple has thrown more fuel onto that sexist fire. They should have drawn a line under it and called it for what it is and made that the end of it but they were too scared that they'd be held accountable for not vetting Daley properly and not protecting Hazel that they tried to make it equally their fault.

All they've done is fail even more in their duty of care toward Hazel by opening her up to loads of abuse and hatred from the public. And they've added "it takes two to tango" to the domestic abuse and rapists apologists lexicon (I've seen it used in forums and comments to articles about date rape) so well done BB for that.

Daley is seriously deluded too and is never going to get any help as long as he denies he ever did any wrong - we all saw it Daley, on TV, you were being filmed you know - and that he has a right to "explain" his side. There is nothing to explain.

And we saw him put his hands on her throat and push her down and threaten to "nut" her and "finish" her but I've never heard of any involvement from the Police.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [PHP][PHP][/PHP][/PHP]

well said
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care who was/is to blame..Its been done to death times ten over and over again with no conclusions...

Why would people want to think it through when they can get the rush out of being OUTRAGED and HATEFUL!!

But for me all I can say to this there is nothing to 'think through'

When I see the footage of those last few moments with Daley and Hazel in the safe house I don't understand how people can possibly NOT see how threatening and intimidating the gentleman was being and how there is NO excuse for it,no pre cursor,what happened prior to those few minutes is not relevant. it remains genuinely sinister to watch.

I don't understand the need to be 'hateful ' either. I have seen quite unnecesary hateful language directed towards the twins mostly about their weight and about Wolfy when she was a hm.
    It would never occur to me to use this language about hm's appearance because it is not relevant to their personalities or whatever situation fm's were discussing at the time.

it is quite a cruel meeting place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member

I completely agree.I couldn't of put it better if I tried. I think the way hazel is handling it is Incredible.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Surely you can't be serious, she didn't hurt Daley, or threaten him, and he didn't feel threatened by her, it would be funny if he said he was wouldn't it, the big strong boxer.

But she felt threatened by his actions, and rightly so as he turned nasty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed and I think BB's reluctance to admit that what happened was abuse pure and simple has thrown more fuel onto that sexist fire. They should have drawn a line under it and called it for what it is and made that the end of it but they were too scared that they'd be held accountable for not vetting Daley properly and not protecting Hazel that they tried to make it equally their fault.

All they've done is fail even more in their duty of care toward Hazel by opening her up to loads of abuse and hatred from the public. And they've added "it takes two to tango" to the domestic abuse and rapists apologists lexicon (I've seen it used in forums and comments to articles about date rape) so well done BB for that.

Daley is seriously deluded too and is never going to get any help as long as he denies he ever did any wrong - we all saw it Daley, on TV, you were being filmed you know - and that he has a right to "explain" his side. There is nothing to explain.

And we saw him put his hands on her throat and push her down and threaten to "nut" her and "finish" her but I've never heard of any involvement from the Police.

Agree with you completely
    I cannot understand for the life of me why Emma made that two to tango comment and her defense of the biased interview made no logical sense to me at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Fair play to Hazel she has handled everything that has been thrown at her so well. Her haters seem to hate her more for her strength.