Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    ^^
    Maybe the extras will be hanging from the rafters ;):p
    Little Mix Mixer - New York
    Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 12:30pm in EDT
    1,022 guests

1,022 goes into 700 even worse! I am glad someone spoke up on the Facebook page to discourage young people from camping out overnight in a not so good part of town. I'm sure there will still be some diehards but hopefully they'll be older.

I wonder if they'll ever announce what they are doing between this and next weekend. Still wondering if they will be recording for the album so that's why the silence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @LittleMixOffic 26m
    Amerrrrriiccaaaaa here we come :D
    Soooo excited xjesyx

@LittleMixOffic 7m
    Just been told that there's mixers at the airport waitin for us, we're so sorry they've took us in a different way n we can't get out! Xxxxx

Resentful fan backlash in 3...2...1

Im actully rageing right now! Had no sleep been here since 9pm last night and i fill like shit! And all i wanted was to see @LittleMixOffic
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^
    Especially from the mums!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always get nervous with fans and fandoms, because I'm old enough to remember how Selena died. Brrr
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either the girls' flight landed half an hour early or they crashed just short of JFK. ;). I hope we'll see some fans greeting them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They made it.

Jade still dragging her heavy green jacket around...in August.

http://instagram.com/p/ckA85uuGV2/

Leigh-Anne enjoying the sun.

http://instagram.com/p/cj7SdBuGbq/

They seem to be picking up more male fans.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They made it.

Jade still dragging her heavy green jacket around...in August.

http://instagram.com/p/ckA85uuGV2/

Leigh-Anne enjoying the sun.

http://instagram.com/p/cj7SdBuGbq/

They seem to be picking up more male fans.

Perennial problem for a young female group, how to get young male fans? When I was younger, girls were ok if they were part of a group like Abba or Fleetwood Mac or Siouxsie and the Banshees or Blondie or Chic, or if they were a group like LaBelle or Sister Sledge.

The Spice Girls brought girl power but I wouldn't have gone to see them or actually buy anything. Although I liked Eternal who were successful just before the Spicers.

All Saints were good but a little older. Destiny's Child and Sugababes were the breakthrough for me personally and I think both groups would have male fans. I have a signed copy of a Sugababes CD. I would love to have got that close to Beyonce, Kelly or Michelle but not going to happen.
    I think guys like girl groups or female artists who have some musicianship and are really creative, e.g. Kate Bush, Lady Gaga or Madonna.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls seem to have a more relaxed itinerary on this trip...they are actually taking in a movie right now. How dare they not be working every second!
    Perennial problem for a young female group, how to get young male fans?

I'm curious, wouldnt it be off putting to a male fan for a female group to be singing a lot of girl power and boyfriend diss songs? Emphasis on a lot, a few wouldnt be unusual. I even find those a little irritating since I always put the shoe on the other foot, so to speak. I wouldnt want to hear a male group dissing women.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Resentful fan backlash in 3...2...1

Im actully rageing right now! Had no sleep been here since 9pm last night and i fill like shit! And all i wanted was to see @LittleMixOffic

It's ridiculous. LM do owe it to their fans to stop for pictures etc. but it's incredibly unfair of these fans to keep putting them in these situations where they end up looking like bad guys through no fault of their own.

They can't be expected to scout for camping fans at every single place they enter and exit.

- tim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @TeenChoiceGirl

The beautiful and talented ladies of .@LittleMixOffic will be at #TeenChoice!!

Now, I believe it.

I always check my sources ;)

Wonder if they are performing / presenting an award? Or just showing their faces. I guess the latter, but they could really do with forcing a new single through soon and getting themselves back on radio & the album selling again.

Surely they won't wait for the new material. That'd be a glaring admission that the album isn't that well thought of by Columbia.

- tim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous.

What's really ridiculous is the "Why does the US get so much more" yadda yadda neatly ignoring the XF and DNA tours, the radio tour, 2 summers of gigging, book signings, tv appearances, the ice cream van appearance etc. And most everybody sees them on a computer monitor anyway. What's the difference where they are?

As for the music promotion, I havent yet seen anything rolling out like a campaign for the next single. Nothing.

I did notice the album took a big leap in the UK...is it price reduced again?
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    The girls seem to have a more relaxed itinerary on this trip...they are actually taking in a movie right now. How dare they not be working every second!

I'm curious, wouldnt it be off putting to a male fan for a female group to be singing a lot of girl power and boyfriend diss songs? Emphasis on a lot, a few wouldnt be unusual. I even find those a little irritating since I always put the shoe on the other foot, so to speak. I wouldnt want to hear a male group dissing women.

Perrie mom confirmed on twitter tonight they are only there for 1 week. I wonder why they pulled out of Vfestival then:confused:
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I am starting to think after they come back from this USA trip they might have a week off so pulled out of v festival
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that Daily Star rumor is true about the possible US tour in September, I could see them taking a little break then being thrown into rehearsals? Maybe this trip is really to do some groundwork and take meetings and they bookended the trip with appearances.

There was that slightly mysterious tweet yesterday.

eeeek eeeek eeeeeeeeek! Lol leigh :) x #ExcitingTimes x
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    If that Daily Star rumor is true about the possible US tour in September, I could see them taking a little break then being thrown into rehearsals? Maybe this trip is really to do some groundwork and take meetings and they bookended the trip with appearances.

I could be wrong but i think that tweet was because of some shoes she got around the same time she uploaded a picture to her instagram saying she was going to have a party about them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, either that or that electric juicer she got in the mail. Ha ha. But I have a feeling she was excited about their upcoming plans. Whenever they get really silent, it means something is up.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I actually thought it was the electric juicer lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The tour thing is a possibility but surely it would have been announced by now if its in September? How quickly are they expecting to sell it out :confused: Although, it might be more likely they support somebody else... there don't happen to be any tween-targeted acts other than Cher Lloyd going on tour soon are there?

No official confirmation yet about the V Fest thing, I didn't think you could just drop out of these big festivals. Was under the impression you were under contract.

- tim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tour thing is a possibility but surely it would have been announced by now if its in September? How quickly are they expecting to sell it out :confused: Although, it might be more likely they support somebody else... there don't happen to be any tween-targeted acts other than Cher Lloyd going on tour soon are there?

No official confirmation yet about the V Fest thing, I didn't think you could just drop out of these big festivals. Was under the impression you were under contract.

- tim

The DS thinks its a "high profile telly tour". The fans think its a performance tour (thats us). In September in the US, there are alot of "harvest festivals" (county fairs) going on which do feature middle profile, or used to be high profile music acts. I did notice Murs is touring then.

LM are no longer listed in the V Fest linep.
    http://www.vfestival.com/index.php

The next week after, they have Liverpool and South Shields. Week after, Glasgow. Then nothing announced yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's simple, girls buy Bieber and 1D records because they would like one of them as a boyfriend. Ask yourself, would boys buy an LM record because they would like one of them as a girlfriend?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, would they? My conclusion is "no" because the group isnt trying to sex up just yet. Did men want to go out with the Spices?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno, would they? My conclusion is "no" because the group isnt trying to sex up just yet. Did men want to go out with the Spices?

Interesting men/boys wanted to go out with the Spices as they were seen to be more accessible....like the girls you would actually meet at clubs/discos. They weren't over glammed up at the beginning.

And I was thinking the opposite, sexing up might discourage men from seeing LM as girlfriends, dual standards and all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That madonna/**** complex! I thought men wanted to go out with the fantasy object, but marry the girl next door. Sort of like the mirror of women wanting to pursue the bad boy but have the nice guy raise the kids.

Whats really odd to me is that gay men, who seem to be big music consumers, also want to objectify their girl groups on the sexy side.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member

Let's face it, they are a bit. If they are not, why do fans react like they do when they show their midriff or are sunbathing in their smalls? I am a male fan, and There is no reason why men shouldnt like their physical appearance or Music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leo_Howard wrote: »
    Let's face it, they are a bit. If they are not, why do fans react like they do when they show their midriff or are sunbathing in their smalls? I am a male fan, and There is no reason why men shouldnt like their physical appearance or Music.

From what I've read its girls wanting to go lesbian for them. :D Future P!nk fans in the making.

My crystal ball sees a sexy librarian music vid in the LM future.

Basically, its hard for short women to do an effective sexy persona. Theres a reason models are 5'-7" and over, because they have longer legs. Shorter women can do perky and bubbly and fun.
This discussion has been closed.