Options

The demise of Gina

Comments

• Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Gina peaked now like she did 2 weeks ago, she would win probably. But now she has made a lot of people turn towards anyone but Gina. Sam especially.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    People should listen to me more. When you were all jumping up and down about her a week or more ago, I said she peaked too early and now you are seeing that. People now have confidence in being able to criticise her without being mobbed.

People have always criticised her, it's just worse now because they finally have something on her, which they have craved for weeks.

People had no doubt she would peak - look in the Gina appreciation thread, look at threads made by Gina fans. Thankfully for Gina fans Dexter, Twins and Charlie have all peaked too!

There is no doubt in my mind that Sam will win, I called it on day 1. If Gina gets to the final after almost being evicted on week 1 and manages to get top 3, it's a victory for Gina. Much like you saying Dexter getting to the final is a victory for you.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AmyJames wrote: »
    It's BB's doing as they are not showing her liek we see on LF.

And besides, there are gonna be shows where people don't like her.

For me, back on LF yesterday, Gina was back to herself and hopefully she doesn't go on about Hazel.

I've seen Gina bitching about Hazel that never made it to the HLs .
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezabella wrote: »
    I was a massive Gina fan from the start up until the last few days but her constant negative comments about Hazel (who I don't particularly care for,I might add), has become very tiresome to watch. It's an irrational reaction to Hazel.Yes,they don't get on and have different values but to keep going on and on about her is not doing Gina any favours. It's coming across as petty.

It would be boring and repetative it if was all she did I agree, and if thats all you get shown and dont seek to see the other side of her ( live feed ) then I see why you would think that.

The edit is doing a whitewash on Hazel and have been doing for the last 3 weeks, so we are not getting the full picture on the ''tit for tat'' dislike these two have for each other.
    Hazel even commented last night that she thought she would be evicted for pinning Gina down during the wrestling...but guess what we were not shown it, even though Gina has complained to Hazel that she was too rough and was physically hurt by it;) :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I saw a clip today where Sam watches housemates from a secret room and Gina says some really sweet things about him. I don't know how the general public will feel about it but it made me finally like her.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    Nobody has really remembered a HM since Jade have they?

Only Craig, Jade and Brian ever became well known outside of BB.

Maybe also Alison and Nikki to a lesser degree.

Who else? :)
    Like her or not, Josie has been pretty successful, what with a best-selling DVD and even recently appearing on various TV shows, doing panto, etc.. It's a degree of success anyway, in that she hasn't had to go back to a day job.

Anna Nolan's very successful over in Ireland, in various aspects of the media - producing and presenting.

Brian Dowling had a lot of success doing that kids TV show with Ant and Dec; plus, of course, presenting BB for a time.

edit: apologies, you did mention Brian :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I agree or not. She has always got a 'meh' reception on Bit On The Psych, they seem to prefer Dexter. On BOTS on Thursday when they were speaking about Gina the whole crowd were cheering and Emma was like "OK OK " because the audience were so loud they were screaming over Emma.

She still gets a much better reception than anyone else, yes she does have to stop her bitching about Hazel, but lots of people love that. Twitter love her more than they ever have before, she isn't dropping in any polls (although Dexter and Sophie are) and remains second favourite to win.

The favourite to win - Sam - has never got a good reception on BOTS, panellists call him boring. 2 weeks ago when the audience were asked who they wanted evicted the majority said Sam. Gina is much like Aaron (not in anyway personality-wise before people jump on that) because Gina has built up this huge support and it will take a lot more than a week of bad edits for people to go off her. Gone are the years where people get influenced by the edits - they tried and tried with Aaron - except maybe a few on BOTS and the 'casual viewer', but the casual viewer is in the minority now.

Yes, there's a lot of love for her on Twitter.

I think some people are basing their opinions on the 'get Gina out' chants which apparently consisted of one loud person standing right next to Emma. If she's up this week her reception will be positive as usual.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if I agree or not. She has always got a 'meh' reception on Bit On The Psych, they seem to prefer Dexter. On BOTS on Thursday when they were speaking about Gina the whole crowd were cheering and Emma was like "OK OK " because the audience were so loud they were screaming over Emma.

She still gets a much better reception than anyone else, yes she does have to stop her bitching about Hazel, but lots of people love that. Twitter love her more than they ever have before, she isn't dropping in any polls (although Dexter and Sophie are) and remains second favourite to win.

The favourite to win - Sam - has never got a good reception on BOTS, panellists call him boring. 2 weeks ago when the audience were asked who they wanted evicted the majority said Sam. Gina is much like Aaron (not in anyway personality-wise before people jump on that) because Gina has built up this huge support and it will take a lot more than a week of bad edits for people to go off her. Gone are the years where people get influenced by the edits - they tried and tried with Aaron - except maybe a few on BOTS and the 'casual viewer', but the casual viewer is in the minority now.
    I think that the conclusion to be drawn is that the opinions of BOTS panel and members don't really reflect the wider viewing public opinion.
  • Options
    AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babyncola wrote: »
    I saw a clip today where Sam watches housemates from a secret room and Gina says some really sweet things about him. I don't know how the general public will feel about it but it made me finally like her.
    :) Sam and Gina have a real bond which is rarely shown.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    babyncola wrote: »

Well let's hope they show it, but I won't hold my breath.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People have always criticised her, it's just worse now because they finally have something on her, which they have craved for weeks.

People had no doubt she would peak - look in the Gina appreciation thread, look at threads made by Gina fans. Thankfully for Gina fans Dexter, Twins and Charlie have all peaked too!

There is no doubt in my mind that Sam will win, I called it on day 1. If Gina gets to the final after almost being evicted on week 1 and manages to get top 3, it's a victory for Gina. Much like you saying Dexter getting to the final is a victory for you.
    There was a stage at least a week or two ago when if you started a thread on her, you got a lot of bashing for it. Gina was supposed to romp away with this, its anything but now.
  • Options
    Summer KissesSummer Kisses Posts: 3,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't care if she doesn't win, nor do I care if I'm the only one left supporting her. I still prefer Gina over the other housemates. :D
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    There was a stage at least a week or two ago when if you started a thread on her, you got a lot of bashing for it. Gina was supposed to romp away with this, its anything but now.

For about 4 weeks if you started a positive thread about her you would get a bashing with it.

It's only been the non Gina fans that have said she would 'run away' with it. I have said from the start Sam would win. I have said in the betting thread it was strange Sam wasn't the favourite to win. I have said Gina fits the characteristics for the 'shock' eviction. If anyone has gone on about Gina winning this, it's you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I don't care if she doesn't win, nor do I care if I'm the only one left supporting her. I still prefer Gina over the other housemates. :D

Me and you together SK:D Anyway,she's still really popular imo.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget me.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

How could I ever forget you jb? You are one of the few who makes me laugh on here:D
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Like her or not, Josie has been pretty successful, what with a best-selling DVD and even recently appearing on various TV shows, doing panto, etc.. It's a degree of success anyway, in that she hasn't had to go back to a day job.

Anna Nolan's very successful over in Ireland, in various aspects of the media - producing and presenting.

Brian Dowling had a lot of success doing that kids TV show with Ant and Dec; plus, of course, presenting BB for a time.

edit: apologies, you did mention Brian :o

Josie is only known in BB circles, nobody knows her apart from the josie fans, who buy her stuff, but everyday non BB people don't know Josie. She isn't on DIY SOS or interviewing Will Smith or having her own TV series?
    As an aside... Did Josie have a at job? :eek:

I know Anna has a job as does Kate but I don't think anyone knows or cares who they are.

Regardless, I don't think anyone coming out of this BB will be taking off with a reasonable media career on the back of BB. Just like last BB and the one before and the one before.....etc :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we've seen such universal support (Forums, BBOTS, eviction crowd) for a single HM since maybe Josie. As a big Gina fan even I did think it a little OTT so maybe it's not a bad thing she's returned to more realistic levels.

I've got a feeling last week the editors did a number on Gina to maybe level the playing field a bit in the interest of votes and all that.

Aaron and Deana both had massive support, much more than Gina, (who's popularity I believe to be exaggerated). It was aggressive, offensive, obnoxious insulting etc

This year Hazel has that support.
  • Options
    pepipoppepipop Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezabella wrote: »
    I was a massive Gina fan from the start up until the last few days but her constant negative comments about Hazel (who I don't particularly care for,I might add), has become very tiresome to watch. It's an irrational reaction to Hazel.Yes,they don't get on and have different values but to keep going on and on about her is not doing Gina any favours. It's coming across as petty.

It's great. She's assumed that was why she was so popular, bolstered by the boos and immense dislike for Hazel, via the BB public task, and kept it up, no doubt assuming it was keeping her 'real'. She now recognises it's totally backfired and is 'stopping' that particular game, So she has very little game options left.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron and Deana both had massive support, much more than Gina, (who's popularity I believe to be exaggerated). It was aggressive, offensive, obnoxious insulting etc

I meant universal support in the sense of the forums, the bookies, the BBOTS audience and the eviction crowd all seemed to like Gina. I know Aaron had massive support on the forums but this didn't translate to support of the eviction crowd or BBOTS. Gina in this sense seemed like a 'perfect storm' kind of HM, less so now.
  • Options
    Summer KissesSummer Kisses Posts: 3,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

3 amigos :D
  • Options
    FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gina will win....people arent going to go off her because shes no fan of Hazel.Its all about timing and hazel has been very lucky with that...others have been more hated at that time...doesnt mean we have forgotten what she is...she isnt liked and her time will come....hopefully she will be evicted when there will be a minimum amount of time for an interview and coverage.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Can you explain why you think Gina's support is exaggerated? Apparently Twitter, Facebook, All the major polls have her at the top so I don't understand why you say this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot Nadia's "A little bit of Rhumba". Forever remembered.

*whoosh-->*

But I feel sorry I missed it
  • Options
    jimulljimull Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    It's sad to watch. On BBOTS where she once got loud applause and support, now is more a lukewarm reception. The guests used to praise her for her honest, forthcoming approach and now the guests are berating her for the same thing!
    They say she needs to watch that she doesn't get too bitchy with Hazel, when a few weeks ago those very same guests were the ones condemning Hazel and loving Gina for recognising it and being a "girl's girl".

In my opinion, no matter what the bb producers try to shove at us, Gina is NOT changing, she has infact been the most consistent housemate in terms of her behaviour, attitude, and quirkiness, even her bitchiness against Hazel.

I posted here on the night that Gina was evicted and got a great reception that this would be the last time she would leave the house to full on applause. Big brother never really lets a housemate who has come out after a great first stint and gone back in, escape unscathed (Nikki, Nadia, Jade) and I just get the feeling Gina is next.

It's a shame but to be expected. It's unusual for a housemate who has been so liked by the public throughout the show, maintain that support right to the end.

For Gina fans, i think it's going to be hard watching the next few weeks as other housemates get more airtime and gather more and more support. It will be even worse for her of Hazel outstays her in the house.

On that point, I think Hazel's turnaround is a whole other thread. I've never seen a housemate so disliked by the public turn it around in such a relatively short space of time. I know shes not "loved" but considering she has been favourite to leave a few times....
    Particularly in a show which we're told is mostly voted for by females. She's gorgeous, she a glamour model, she's not seen as a girl's girl and the general consensus a few weeks ago was that she could steal your boyfriend and with that reasoning could be seen as threatening to the voters. And yet, they chose to evict a man over her on Friday and she is still there with a few weeks left of the show. Unbelievable and fair play to her.
    hazel had the biggest game plan from the start get her claws in a male hm and when that back fired she has just disappeared into the back ground but she still bitches behind every ones back she's a snake imo if gina wins or loses i don't think she cares either way but hazel is so desperate to win she will back stab everyone to win imo