Options

Is it time the TARDIS went gay?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wiwik_AnggrainiWiwik_Anggraini Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I feel compelled to announce my boredom.

I'm bored and I think the TARDIS should go gay. Or maybe he/she/it always was. We never determined that, did we?
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Love that story.

Oooooh controversial! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does the Doctor's Tardis navigate humping other Tardis's - when the other Tardis' Chameleon Circuit is working?

I'm intrigued by the mechanics of this...
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    MeMeMeI wrote: »
    Is it time the TARDIS went gay?

Is it right in these times that the TARDIS is always the same mono colours Heterosexual. Is it not about time the TARDIS went gay!

Maybe turning pink after the next regeneration, or at least not so manly a interior, we could have some chintz, or at least net curtains and a few potted plants..

A set of scatter cushions and some scented candles..

I don't understand how any of the above would imply the TARDIS was "gay".

Camp, yes. Stereotypical, definately.
  • Options
    MeMeMeIMeMeMeI Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    I don't understand how any of the above would imply the TARDIS was "gay".

Camp, yes. Stereotypical, definately.
    I prefer this definition of camp

camp

Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more

469 up, 161 down

I felt obligated to post this definition of 'camp' since I believe it to be the most accurate. This is borrowed from dictionary.com:

1. something that provides sophisticated, knowing amusement, as by virtue of its being artlessly mannered or stylized, self-consciously artificial and extravagant, or teasingly ingenuous and sentimental.

2. a person who adopts a teasing, theatrical manner, esp. for the amusement of others.

3. An affectation or appreciation of manners and tastes commonly thought to be artificial, vulgar, or banal.
    4. Banality, vulgarity, or artificiality when deliberately affected or when appreciated for its humor: "Camp is popularity plus vulgarity plus innocence"
    adj. Having deliberately artificial, vulgar, banal, or affectedly humorous qualities or style: played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect.

So you can see, camp, as it was originally known as and still, in my opinion, most accurately, has nothing to do with being gay.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=camp

The TARDIS comes from a time of stereo types and since we have had a change the Doctors sex thread I feel it would be discriminating not to have a change the TARDIS sexual stereo type thread.:)
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I thought the TARDIS came from Gallifrey, I'm not sure what their take on gay stereotypes is....

(I get that you were just being light hearted, if a little 1970's unfunny "oh look at the woopsy friend of dorothy's over there" sitcom-ish :D)
  • Options
    VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm I don't think gay is the correct word maybe 'camp' sound better :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say the TARDIS is bi-sexual: it likes having men and women inside it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Yes, the Tardis just used Idris' body and the Corsair was a tranny who decided on a sex change. Cant see them changing the exterior of the Tardis and theyve only just changed the interior!, which I found strange. Perhaps they did that to try n get Matt to stay, though it looks like it only cost a couple of quid for the plywood and paint. I heard it was for the 3D. Anyway, I do wonder if they will change it for 12 and perhaps an oven in the console room for Clara to rustle up a soufle when she fancies wouldnt go amiss. Im thinking of an Aga. Khan they pull it off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, the Tardis just used Idris' body and the Corsair was a tranny who decided on a sex change. Cant see them changing the exterior of the Tardis and theyve only just changed the interior!, which I found strange. Perhaps they did that to try n get Matt to stay, though it looks like it only cost a couple of quid for the plywood and paint. I heard it was for the 3D. Anyway, I do wonder if they will change it for 12 and perhaps an oven in the console room for Clara to rustle up a soufle when she fancies wouldnt go amiss. Im thinking of an Aga. Khan they pull it off?

The could have a cooking show set in the TARDIS with guest taken from history taking part:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lack of replies to this post just show the discrimination the TARDIS has to struggle against as a character...