Options

Tipping Point is the worst quiz show

Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
Forum Member
✭✭✭
ever invented/devised/thought up/worked out/put on air/broadcast.

It's utter crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Thank you. Now er.. you can go back to the other posts.

No, seriously, go. I've stopped posting. It's over. I've stopped. You can go back to the main board. Oh go on. Please? Pretty please? Thanks. Okay. Bye. You gone? You sure? Good. I can see you're still here! You naughty munchkin, you. Oh you are a tease! Now go. Shoo! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Was fun at first, but it get's very boring after a while.
  • Options
    smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful presenter, mind-numbingly awful show. Typical ITV dross.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it.
  • Options
    tiltonlandtiltonland Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Makes Family Fortunes presented by Max Bygraves classy.
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, and Ben the presenter :)
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very shocked by how many people actually like this cr*p I don't see it myself.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,239
    Forum Member
    It's not great but really have you seen take on the twisters. TP is amazing compared to that
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole point of these machines at the fun fair/arcade etc is that you frantically add 2p after 2p after 2p.......loads drop, you keep putting them in, sometimes you win a keyring. Watching yourself win a whole 16p is so exciting, watching these is not quite as fun and only 1/2/3 counters at a time....yawn
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take on the twisters is totally bizarre and a bit confusing. Awful, awful presenter, devoid of all warmth and personality. No idea who she is, but she's dreadful.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "celebrity" episode with Louis Spence was possibly one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time (and for the wrong reasons of course). How he gets invited onto these quiz shows is beyond me as he does appear to know very little about anything apart from dance
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    What's worse then watching tipping point? Being in the audience watching tipping point.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear. so what's it like seeing it being recorded? and how many episodes do they record in a day?
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    oh dear. so what's it like seeing it being recorded? and how many episodes do they record in a day?

too many!
  • Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep,I'd rate Tipping Point and Take on the twisters as the most boring quiz programs on at the moment.As there is no Chaser currently being shown,its Pointless for me I'm afraid.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Awful presenter, mind-numbingly awful show. Typical ITV dross.

It's what Ben Shepherd is made for, though. Game shows like this. He is completely out of place on Sky Sports fronting a football show!

I watch this programme via V+ so I can then move it forward (usually on 2) past all the talking so I only look at the questions then it speeds up the counter dropping bit. So I can get through an episode in about 15 minutes.
    I would never watch one of these 'live' it would be too boring.
    Plus, the speeded up version shuts out the irritating oohs and aaah the contestant comes out with during the drop bit.

So I enjoy my version of it, which doesn't need sound at all!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,590
    Forum Member
    Are you still harping on about this still? I think we got the jist of your hatred yesterday :yawn:
  • Options
    biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tipping Point is the best quiz show on TV after The Chase and Countdown. What makes it interesting is that the cleverest contestant rarely seems to win and there is a massive amount of luck involved.
  • Options
    MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it sounds like some people are having a lot of fun on the show.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAFMb4XnsY
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends what you class as a quiz show. Deal or No Deal is by far the worst game show ever but probably only a "quiz show" by the loosest definition.
  • Options
    Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worse quiz show??

Have you not seen the latest Nick Knowles Lottery travesty, Take on the Twisters or that Puppet thing from the weekend?

Tipping Point's the Downton Abbey of daytime quizzes at the moment, at least until new Pointless and Chasers appear!!
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to be proper sad to watch this programme.

When you base a gameshow on a game which is probably THE most pointless futile game you could play in the whole of Blackoool then the show isn't exactly gonna be a whole lot more exciting.

It doesn't help by the fact that the questions are so stupidly easy even a child could answer them. Same goes for that Twisters show they put on after it. Not only are the questions ridiculously dumbed down they even give you the answer and 2 other options to choose from. It's almost as pointless as opening random boxes with cash in them. Now there's an idea ;)

Typical low intelligence ITV trash aimed at their usual audience of dumbed down couch potatoes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take on the twisters is totally bizarre and a bit confusing. Awful, awful presenter, devoid of all warmth and personality. No idea who she is, but she's dreadful.

Julie Bradbury is a conundrum. Her walking programmes are simple and non-taxing television in a relaxing completely-switch-the-brain-off kind of way, and apart from those all I really remember her doing were Holiday type shows in her early days. So, short bon mots to camera in the great outdoors.

Why, then, would anyone think she was suitable for this kind of thing - studio-bound, a live audience (presumably), asking questions, making the contestants feel relaxed with humour and warmth etc? In the Old Days (TM) quiz shows were given to people with years of experience in comedy and light entertainment as a matter of course as they had the chops to cope, even to excel. It's the equivalent of giving Anneka Rice a prime time game show on the back of Treasure Hunt and Challenge Anneka.

Is she married to or related to the show's producers?
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pacman1854 wrote: »
    The worse quiz show??

Have you not seen the latest Nick Knowles Lottery travesty, Take on the Twisters or that Puppet thing from the weekend?

Tipping Point's the Downton Abbey of daytime quizzes at the moment, at least until new Pointless and Chasers appear!!

At least the questions on Break the Safe are remotely taxing and there's actually an ounce of skill involved unlike TP where brains nor skills are required.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,302
    Forum Member
    Yet it gets 3 million viewers in primetime, and 2 million in daytime. People seem to like it. At least the format isn't hard to get your head around.

I wouldn't say the questions are much dumbed down, and multiple choice appears in a lot of these shows.
  • Options
    Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    At least the questions on Break the Safe are remotely taxing and there's actually an ounce of skill involved unlike TP where brains nor skills are required.

It would be better if there was an actual safe, and the contestants didn't know if they'd won or not until they actually tried to open the door.

It's like someone bought a job-lot of whizzy LED screens and then thought "what can we do with these"?

And as for the contestants trundling backwards & forwards on their little podiums...!!