Options

premier league thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    According to Google Play store pictures, AJS app is now updated, iTunes still has the old one.

https://lh4.ggpht.com/aPXCgwTrIjxoT5B4COQJ9l7YSIFGZgtWsDMn6W-ttiBoTvhO-hwUNTsbklLQQfh7uY0=h310
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    hisham wrote: »

Thanks a million!!

Doesn`t this app do landscape rotation on the phone screen? Mine shows only in "portrait mode"...?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    hisham wrote: »

Hey the Android APP was updated today do you mind getting the update for me please?

Cheers,

--jr--
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those interested, there is an Al Jazeera Sport review up at Eye on-Demand now. It doesn't include details of the iOS app until the new update is available, so keep a look out as that will be added a.s.a.p.

For those looking for an alternative, I also have a Viaplay for sport review up. It is quite a bit more expensive, as you can't separate it from the Viaplay entertainment package.

Finally, I also have a subscription with PremierLeaguePass.com, and a review will be published as soon as the first match is played - It would be inappropriate to base a review purely on older content and not the actual live Premier League streams. But watch that space if you can't decided between them.
  • Options
    Kingsd316Kingsd316 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will i still get and IOS update prompt even if im not logged into the Egypt itunes account on my phone or do i have to keep swapping to see if its up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I got the iPhone app last night and tried to use airplayer

Other than the usual iOS app running when it wants etc when I got a reliable connection to the vid I put airplayer on and it worked great but after a minute it just freezes

This seems to be an airplayer issue as one the stream are on the iOS app they play fine for me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    Thank you for your email

Please note that the app is under maintenance now and the new update will be released soon, hopefully this week.

Best Regards
    Customer Services

This is in regard to iOS app
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have added 6 of the old SD channels now too it looks like
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    Will i still get and IOS update prompt even if im not logged into the Egypt itunes account on my phone or do i have to keep swapping to see if its up?

I generally find I have to switch back to another country's app stores to find updates for geo-restricted apps.

Only the non-restricted apps will appear in general updates when you are logged into another store.

So, I guess the best bet is for people here to keep periodically checking, or just keep their store set to the one in the Middle East they downloaded the app from, as it should appear any day now.

Be the first to report the new app, and everyone is gonna love you ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam_Holt wrote: »
    They have added 6 of the old SD channels now too it looks like

gosh, that's 20 channels of sport now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    ovbg wrote: »
    Be the first to report the new app, and everyone is gonna love you ;)

Waiting that info also here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I hope the app actually plays the streams 100% of the time because the latest android app is still hit and miss. Is anybody struggling with this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbo18 wrote: »
    I hope the app actually plays the streams 100% of the time because the latest android app is still hit and miss. Is anybody struggling with this?

Have you tested this through Smart DNS or VPN?

It could just be that the Smart DNS service needs to be fine tuned for the platform. If it is also failing on VPN then that's a different story.
  • Options
    icebergxicebergx Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    For those interested, there is an Al Jazeera Sport review up at Eye on-Demand now. It doesn't include details of the iOS app until the new update is available, so keep a look out as that will be added a.s.a.p.

Great review Jo. Covers (pretty much) everything that someone would need to know to get up and running with AJS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or has smart dns stopped working
    I just got geo blocked and went to the smart dns test page which says it is running and configured correctly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ reeves1985, nope, working fine for me. I'm currently watching a show on SBS (Australia) and I just tested AJS at the same time, and both worked. It could be your cache?

@icebergx, thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe
    Ill have to dig further once I get the bloody streams to play normally

I still can't get my head round why the streams play so badly on my 2 systems

My Internet line is fine clocking at 29mbps

One CPU at 3.1ghz and Athlon 64 X2 5200+
    Abit AN-M2HD mboard using the on board gfx

Other is a 2.1ghz pentimento dual core

I could maybe accept my laptop CPU might struggle but the other should be fine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried different browsers? I can see massive differences between my Firefox browser (choppy and unwatchable) to Safari (perfect)

Do other streams from say Netflix, or BBC iPlayer also play badly? (BBC iPlayer's HD streams should be 3200kbps)

Try a couple of US streaming sites like CBS, NBC, ABC etc. They all stream in HD as well and should work through SmartDNS from Overplay, and it would be interesting if it is only AJS.

Finally, I am presuming you are in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Video to confirm english commentary

https://twitter.com/WatchJSC/status/368032899741667328
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Have you tested this through Smart DNS or VPN?

It could just be that the Smart DNS service needs to be fine tuned for the platform. If it is also failing on VPN then that's a different story.

I have checked both when I first got it. Not in the past two weeks. It will work with smart dns just very intermittently the same goes with the vpn on both ios and android I think it's a poorly made application. I will test with the vpn just to be sure when I'm home and post my findings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbo18 wrote: »
    I have checked both when I first got it. Not in the past two weeks. It will work with smart dns just very intermittently the same goes with the vpn on both ios and android I think it's a poorly made application. I will test with the vpn just to be sure when I'm home and post my findings

As far as I know, SmartDNS has not been recently configured for iOS and I don't think either for Android. That could be the problem.

I suspect Overplay will wait until the new iOS app is updated before configuring it, as everything will probably change when that comes out.

As I don't do much with Android at the moment, I can't really say for that one.
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    insafon wrote: »
    I'm still getting the HD channels at around 300-320kBps ~ 2500kbps, not 4000kbps as advertised :)
    How about you guys ?

Might be a stupid question but how do you check this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you tried different browsers? I can see massive differences between my Firefox browser (choppy and unwatchable) to Safari (perfect)

Do other streams from say Netflix, or BBC iPlayer also play badly? (BBC iPlayer's HD streams should be 3200kbps)

Try a couple of US streaming sites like CBS, NBC, ABC etc. They all stream in HD as well and should work through SmartDNS from Overplay, and it would be interesting if it is only AJS.

Finally, I am presuming you are in the UK.

Chrome is the better browser but still has issues as mentioned Internet explorer is worst

I can stream bbc HD stuff fine as well as all the American stuff using smart dns all those are fine even on my lower spec laptop

It just seems to be aj sports I'm having issues with

I emailed them about it but they basically told me to do a speed test

Which I have numerous times and know my connection is always between 25-30mbps with virgin firbre

I have the latest flash installed and all my drivers are up to date

Latest chrome and ie 10

I'm just hoping somebody can point me in the right direction as I am totally stumped

I can't believe for a minute that my httpc machine isn't good enough to be able to stream the content

It even happens on the non HD channels

It's very strange as I know I can stream bbc etc mentioned above absolutely perfectly with no stutters or connection issues
  • Options
    seankkseankk Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Donhou wrote: »
    Thanks a million!!

Doesn`t this app do landscape rotation on the phone screen? Mine shows only in "portrait mode"...?

installed it on my Nexus 4 , managed to log in.

get the channels menu up but none of the channels work.
    when pressed , the circle does a few turn arounds and nothing , stay on channels menu.

got only JSC Sports News and Sports Global to work.

im on SMARTDNS via WIFI.

any ideas ?
  • Options
    seankkseankk Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    reeves1985 wrote: »
    Chrome is the better browser but still has issues as mentioned Internet explorer is worst

I can stream bbc HD stuff fine as well as all the American stuff using smart dns all those are fine even on my lower spec laptop

It just seems to be aj sports I'm having issues with

I emailed them about it but they basically told me to do a speed test

Which I have numerous times and know my connection is always between 25-30mbps with virgin firbre

I have the latest flash installed and all my drivers are up to date

Latest chrome and ie 10

I'm just hoping somebody can point me in the right direction as I am totally stumped

I can't believe for a minute that my httpc machine isn't good enough to be able to stream the content

It even happens on the non HD channels

It's very strange as I know I can stream bbc etc mentioned above absolutely perfectly with no stutters or connection issues

same here on a ACER REVO.
    ION NVIDIA , get it running but no smooth at all ,
    90% UN-Watchable.

was told to update chipset & graphic card drivers , i actually did get an improvment but nothing special.

i really think its no to good doing ALJAZ , just to mention , i have XBMC running smoothly with 720P streams , netflix , bbc , itv and so.

tried all browsers , results varies.

hope we find a solution somehow.