Options

Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She claims she's 14 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/stupid-boyband?utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=15616827&utm_medium=social

I found this through typing 1D Documentary in the twitter search bar.

She's also said "I hope no one i know is watching this"

Silly girl.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,322
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch it but it did seem to show those fans up for what they are going by the thread in the TV forum. I don't see why these girls are angry about it - unless they actually want to get away with death threats and the like. If the boys aren't going to do anything about it, the police should.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now it seems the Baba O'Riley/Best Song Ever comparison are prompting death threads eloquently labelled as
    have you ever seen a verrrry sharp knife?

Pretty sure Roger and Pete saw enough, did enough back in the day that they're probably laughing these off, pipe in hand in the armchair
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me sneak in the statement from Pete Townsend of The Who: https://twitter.com//1DAlert/status/368066679697190912/photo/1
    Like most true legend, he is very classy.

You can go back to making fun of whatever cazy thing some random 1D fan did now ;)
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I didn't watch it but it did seem to show those fans up for what they are going by the thread in the TV forum. I don't see why these girls are angry about it - unless they actually want to get away with death threats and the like. If the boys aren't going to do anything about it, the police should.

I can't find the thread in TV, unless it's been deleted.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    This Channel 4 documentary really proves that they are all psychos.

This girl isn't happy but is showing herself up
    https://twitter.com/JoyousNarry
    Is that 80 requests.. make that 80 (I counted :o) to get Harry to follow her? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I can't find the thread in TV, unless it's been deleted.

TV Shows UK, should be on the first page.
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read this article:

http://thisisverified.com/1463232

I don't get why Louis is so angry - I get that they showed extreme examples, but these types of fans DO exist, no need to be so bitchy and why does he swear so much all the time?:rolleyes: They are supposed to be idols.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was actually Liam who tweeted that.

It doesn't seem to have raised awareness about what goes on within their fans with the death threats for having an opinion etc. They don't seem to care much.

If this was Twitter, we would be mauled on here - I don't mind them but I am being critical as well, and their fans don't seem to like when people do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was actually Liam who tweeted that.

It doesn't seem to have raised awareness about what goes on within their fans with the death threats for having an opinion etc. They don't seem to care much.

If this was Twitter, we would be mauled on here - I don't mind them but I am being critical as well, and their fans don't seem to like when people do that.

Oh sorry, the article got it wrong. Though I'm not surprised as Liam complains all the time via Twitter. I don't think there is much 1D could do about this situation, but at least don't ignore that it is happening - I'm sure they do know some of the issues, but they choose to ignore it which is a very bad move.

And this is just insane:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/16/one-direction-fans-documentary-larry-shippers-suicide-rumours_n_3766001.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

why spread a rumor like this?:eek:

This comment:

Really offended by The channel 4 interview. They made us out like were psycho's And all we care about is stalking them.

She doesn't even realize stalking is seen as crazy behavior.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Their fans are hate filled, acne riddled wenches. Obsessing over boys who wouldn't look twice at them.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    This comment:

Really offended by The channel 4 interview. They made us out like were psycho's And all we care about is stalking them.

She doesn't even realize stalking is seen as crazy behavior.:confused:

I think it's a grammar issue actually: she might have meant that the documentary made all 1D fans out to be psychos who only care about stalking the boys, and it's not her case...

This documentary obviously went to the craziest fans, so most fans feel mis-represented.
    However, it would be fairly inaccurate to say that there is no stalking (some fans at least), shipping & threatening of people (GF, "haters"...) happening.
    But this documentary was obviously just showing that side, which is why the fandom feels misrepresented & it is only a partial representation IMO (that will delight people who don't like 1D & their fans ;)). I just wish it made some fans rethink some of their attitudes, but I don't think it ultimately will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually thought the suicide thing was true.

Perhaps these people were jealous that they were not featured. Of course, people know that fandoms like this aren't entirely filled with deluded people.

It's the screaming that does my head in also. Why can't they just sit through a performance rather than screaming through it? Why can't they act the slightest bit mature when they do come to meet them?
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Their fans are hate filled, acne riddled wenches. Obsessing over boys who wouldn't look twice at them.

Yep, they're all so deluded that you'd think they have a mental illness and should be locked up.

Where are the parents? They mustn't have enough love and support from their parents if they have resorted to living in fantasy lands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps these people were jealous that they were not featured. Of course, people know that fandoms like this aren't entirely filled with deluded people.

It's the screaming that does my head in also. Why can't they just sit through a performance rather than screaming through it? Why can't they act the slightest bit mature when they do come to meet them?

Lack of education.
  • Options
    Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People hate 1D because...

Because they're an annoying, talentless plague.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I will never understand that either - must be the boyband thing. However, I used to go to school with a girl who was obsessed with Non Jovi - she used to say my John instead of my God:D

I do understand some fans are angry because they focused on the crazy ones, but to be fair - the show was called Crazy about One Direction and of course TV will do anything to get high ratings. However, it clearly backfired as only half a million people watched it.

Also, I bet that "This is not us" on Twitter came from these obsessed fans.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »

Not as insane as the fact that a quick scroll through the #RIPLarryShippers trend on Twitter shows that there are a large amount of 1D fans who genuinely believe that this happened despite no news reports even mentioning it (apart from to comment on the fact that it's trending at all.)

I mean, even one girl committing suicide as a result of an opportunistic documentary would make headline news within minutes, let alone a mass suicide of 42 of them!

Although when you've got Liam himself tweeting things like 'Hearing some horrible things... Really hope this isn't true'... well, I guess he still hasn't quite grasped the concept of his fans feeding off every word he says.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have no musical or singing ability. In fact they weren't even going to be a band.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why some of their fans are upset by the documentary, and I really don't see what's wrong in them trending #thisisnotus on twitter. Not every 1D fan, is a lunatic - my sister likes the boys, and she isn't like that at all. I think some are being unfair here. It's perfectly fine and normal for teenage girls to have crushes and 'obsess' over famous pop-stars etc. That's something which is just a phase for many girls growing up in life, and has been going on for decades - arguably it's the social-media age we live in now which has added a microscope to that even more so than in previous decades.

When I was a teenager (I'm 22 now, so not long ago) I had crushes, and obsessed over them, I had posters in my room etc. I really don't think there was anything wrong with that. As for the actual thread topic, I don't get the hate that the band themselves receive. Boybands and teen stars have been something apart of many decades, and this generation of teens aren't any different in liking boy-bands such as One Direction.

Sure, they're everywhere, but that's because they are popular. They aren't the most talented people, but they aren't the talentless boys they are made out to be - Harry, Liam, and Zayn all have pretty good singing voices. If anything, it's only Louis who I'd say is really lacking in any sort of talent, and I think he knows he's very lucky to be where he is today.

As for their music, I mean I really don't think the purpose of the band is to release iconic, genre-defining music. Simply, it's to release fun pop-songs, aimed at a young-fan-base, and on that score they do that pretty well. There songs aren't anywhere near as terrible as made out to be - and I say as someone who really isn't into their music.
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched it before, I could understand the younger girls but the one who was 19 has issues
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question do you think their fans would be so obsessive if they liked other bands as well, I'm going to admit I get obsessed with stuff for a short period, not bands but events like the US election or whatever but never a band/singer because I like so many and if i have an obsession it's music in general
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont hate them..i just think they are sh!te.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to think, we once looked to the stars and dreamed of all the possibilities that exist in the universe and how we are now embarking on that journey. But now we are fighting over members of a crap boy band. How far we have fallen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    And to think, we once looked to the stars and dreamed of all the possibilities that exist in the universe and how we are now embarking on that journey. But now we are fighting over members of a crap boy band. How far we have fallen.

Deep in the shitter aren't we?:(