Options

Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Couldnt bring himself to talk to his son about his new sibling but, could use his son and new sibling to create a headline for himself while making it a feature issue in his show to attract viewers :mad: no fear of the pending cc there stopping him from exposing yet another private moment between father and son involving KP to the masses kerchingggggg
    He was quite happy to publicly portray this unborn child in a negative,almost shameful, dont want to talk about it light, while he could use the attention for himself, but now all the attention is focused on the childs health issues that he cant compete with, he just dosent want to know, and cant even be bothered to express his kids, not his, his kids happiness at having a new kid brother :mad: just nasty

wow Cym...

When has he publicly portrayed the baby before it was born in a negative light? By NOT talking about the baby??! :confused:

Because he didn't want his son talking about it on his telly programme? Hello?! Pending court case! You think he SHOULD have discussed with Junior on his television programme about an unborn baby that isn't even his?! And you think KP would have let that pass without adding that as ammo against him for the pending legal battle? Of course she would have.

So because he hasn't talked about his ex wife's unborn baby, mentioned the baby or his ex wife's pregnancy in public he is a terrible terrible man? And you are saying he won't talk about it now because he "can't compete with the attention of a baby because of it's health issues"?

wow... just.. wow.

Firstly Jett is not his child and he has no right to talk about the baby. If he DID mention Jett or KP's pregnancy people on this thread would be the 1st to state what a terrible terrible man he was to even talk about it.

Secondly he is no longer married to, or involved with KP apart from dealing with the kids so why should he publicly comment on her pregnancy and the baby's birth as it is nothing to do with him?

Thirdly - there is the lawsuit going on which he is being sued by KP for "knowing some stuff that he could use against her to damage her reputation". So what's the betting he has been advised by lawyers to keep quiet about anything to do with KP and her ex's/ new hubby/ new baby. I say it's pretty high.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Couldnt bring himself to talk to his son about his new sibling but, could use his son and new sibling to create a headline for himself while making it a feature issue in his show to attract viewers :mad: no fear of the pending cc there stopping him from exposing yet another private moment between father and son involving KP to the masses kerchingggggg
    He was quite happy to publicly portray this unborn child in a negative,almost shameful, dont want to talk about it light, while he could use the attention for himself, but now all the attention is focused on the childs health issues that he cant compete with, he just dosent want to know, and cant even be bothered to express his kids, not his, his kids happiness at having a new kid brother :mad: just nasty

That doesn't really make sense in light of the fact that he was quite happy to create speculation for the baby. At no point has he seemed ashamed of any of his kids. I don't think that is a fair accusation.

As to the rest, I think you are over-thinking it.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    If he DID mention Jett or KP's pregnancy people on this thread would be the 1st to state what a terrible terrible man he was to even talk about it.

Come on, that's nonsense, Badcat. Stop painting this thread as if it's peopled entirely by demented logic-dodging loonatics.

If you have people in mind who you think would do that, then focus on them, call them on it, but stop with the generalisations please. Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Come on, that's nonsense, Badcat. Stop painting this thread as if it's peopled entirely by demented logic-dodging loonatics.

If you have people in mind who you think would do that, then focus on them, call them on it, but stop with the generalisations please. Thanks.

Sorry Lex, didn't mean for it to come over as a generalisation to everyone that posts here.

Apologies for coming across like that peeps.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow Cym...

When has he publicly portrayed the baby before it was born in a negative light? By NOT talking about the baby??! :confused:

Because he didn't want his son talking about it on his telly programme? Hello?! Pending court case! You think he SHOULD have discussed with Junior on his television programme about an unborn baby that isn't even his?! And you think KP would have let that pass without adding that as ammo against him for the pending legal battle? Of course she would have.

So because he hasn't talked about his ex wife's unborn baby, mentioned the baby or his ex wife's pregnancy in public he is a terrible terrible man? And you are saying he won't talk about it now because he "can't compete with the attention of a baby because of it's health issues"?

wow... just.. wow.

Firstly Jett is not his child and he has no right to talk about the baby. If he DID mention Jett or KP's pregnancy people on this thread would be the 1st to state what a terrible terrible man he was to even talk about it.

Secondly he is no longer married to, or involved with KP apart from dealing with the kids so why should he publicly comment on her pregnancy and the baby's birth as it is nothing to do with him?

Thirdly - there is the lawsuit going on which he is being sued by KP for "knowing some stuff that he could use against her to damage her reputation". So what's the betting he has been advised by lawyers to keep quiet about anything to do with KP and her ex's/ new hubby/ new baby. I say it's pretty high.

Why was this clip even shown on his show if not to make some sort of point:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was this clip even shown on his show if not to make some sort of point:confused:

No idea Pru, maybe they have to have a minimum amount of minutes they have to show the "mini pete's" for each episode and needed to pad that one out? :D
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea Pru, maybe they have to have a minimum amount of minutes they have to show the "mini pete's" for each episode and needed to pad that one out? :D

You could be right! There's precious little material as it is to be fair...
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I think this is the crux of it.
    He had no need to include the conversation with Junior about KP's baby at all, so it makes no sense to me why he would, unless he thought there was some point to it.
    If he really didn't want to discuss it ON CAMERA, the whole segment could have been left out and none of us would have been any the wiser.
    But the fact that it was included makes me think it was a conscious decision - and bearing in mind that PA could have said something nice but neutral (emphasising his heroic DOTY credentials) but didn't, just confuses me completely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will have his reasons for not publlically commenting on his children's new baby brother. My point is that I think he should have said his children were delighted they have a new brother, which acknowledges his arrival and also shows him to be taking the higher ground as a parent of two children who have a new baby brother who is in hospital.

The court case does not prohibit this, but perhaps there is too much acrimony and he doesnt feet he wants too.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I think this is the crux of it.
    He had no need to include the conversation with Junior about KP's baby at all, so it makes no sense to me why he would, unless he thought there was some point to it.
    If he really didn't want to discuss it ON CAMERA, the whole segment could have been left out and none of us would have been any the wiser.
    But the fact that it was included makes me think it was a conscious decision - and bearing in mind that PA could have said something nice but neutral (emphasising his heroic DOTY credentials) but didn't, just confuses me completely.

Of course it was. I watched it - it was a direct dig at KP.

And the reason I know this is because that piece of Junior/DOTY footage was followed immediately by sniffy-voiced CANbot Gemma talking to camera, saying:

"Pete can only be concered about how his kids are when they're with him, he can't concern hmself about... other things.... it's all he can do..."

and then making one of those loaded, burdened, resigned faces just in case the message wasn't clear enough.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We all know the answer.

And it was no surprise a new baby of his own arrives on the scene shortly after.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However hilarious the tit-to-twatting is, sometimes you remember that there are real children in the middle of the games and for them, this is their lives.

If this is how heavy handed it is on camera, I dread to think what off camera looks like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And the reason I know this is because that piece of Junior/DOTY footage was followed immediately by sniffy-voiced CANbot Gemma talking to camera, saying:

"Pete can only be concered about how his kids are when they're with him, he can't concern hmself about... other things.... it's all he can do..."

and then making one of those loaded, burdened, resigned faces just in case the message wasn't clear enough.

He really is such an arse.
    Only PA could think that there was something more noble about using his children in his tawdry little show, than answering a very straightforward question.
    The poor brave little soldier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Lex, didn't mean for it to come over as a generalisation to everyone that posts here.

Apologies for coming across like that peeps.

No worries. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know the answer.

And it was no surprise a new baby of his own arrives on the scene shortly after.

What on earth are you implying?
    I think you'll find that the impending arrival of the Spawn of Andre was a complete happy accident, and in no way conceived as an eff you to KP, to coincide utterly coincidentally with the filming of series 827.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He really is such an arse.
    Only PA could think that there was something more noble about using his children in his tawdry little show, than answering a very straightforward question.
    The poor brave little soldier.

Don't get me wrong, PA has as much right as anyone else to find his ex-wife's shenanigans questionable. But it's like everything with him, it's not what he does, it's the sly, underhand, self-serving, holier-than-thou way he does it, while - the irony!- claiming the 'higher' :rolleyes: ground.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That doesn't really make sense in light of the fact that he was quite happy to create speculation for the baby. At no point has he seemed ashamed of any of his kids. I don't think that is a fair accusation.

As to the rest, I think you are over-thinking it.

Yes your right about over-thinking it, but due to the type of person he is, I believe him capable of anything, the fact that he went around telling everyone he dosent discuss the baby with his kids made it sound as if he regarded the birth their future brother/sister as a negative thing, although this child is nothing to do with him, it does with his children, and it would have been no skin off his nose to discuss and support them through this, but no, he had to make it all about himself!
    crossed wires regarding PA being ashamed of his kids, I too have never seen that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, PA has as much right as anyone else to find his ex-wife's shenanigans questionable. But it's like everything with him, it's not what he does, it's the sly, underhand, self-serving, holier-than-thou way he does it, while - the irony!- claiming the 'higher' :rolleyes: ground.

I know it's a line that has been used many, many times before, but they really are as bad as each other - although I have to admit that she annoys me much less than he does.
    As far as her "shenanigans" are concerned, I don't think that there's a great deal of difference between KP getting pregnant by Kev/Kieron within 5 minutes of meeting him, and PA knocking up a 23 year old student he doesn't even live with.
    Two peas in a rather unpleasant pod imo.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That v/o implied that the children were traumatised by the impending arrival of the newborn and that Peter could do nothing to protect them. Do we think that's the truth? Just a few months later when PA annouced he was the have another child, KP tweeted that the "Kids are excited" indicating to me that the children were excited about the prospect of any sibling being born to them.

These passive agressive competitive swipes all wrapped up in a mawkish,woe-filled v/o...doncha just feel for the kids in all of this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That v/o implied that the children were traumatised by the impending arrival of the newborn and that Peter could do nothing to protect them. Do we think that's the truth? Just a few months later when PA annouced he was the have another child, KP tweeted that the "Kids are excited" indicating to me that the children were excited about the prospect of any sibling being born to them.

These passive agressive competitive swipes all wrapped up in a mawkish,woe-filled v/o...doncha just feel for the kids in all of this?

I'll assume that's a rhetorical question, Daisy, and that you were doing a lot of this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: while you were asking it.

The kids' feeling on anything come a poor second - if that - to the feelings of the biggest baby of all. :cool:
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

IMO it was another contrived moment from PA/CAN. He wanted kept in so all the viewers could see him being Saint Pete yet again, in comparison to his ex wife but he also made sure it was cut short so nobody could accuse him of being nasty Pete.

(Not explaining myself very well but I know what I mean):o:D

Every single thing that twit does or says (imo) has an agenda.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO it was another contrived moment from PA/CAN. He wanted kept in so all the viewers could see him being Saint Pete yet again, in comparison to his ex wife but he also made sure it was cut short so nobody could accuse him of being nasty Pete.

Editing could be presented as a defence that Mr. Andre has no say in what goes in his show. Hendrick said that KP and PA had no input on the editing when they were together, but their managers did and no one could accuse them of being unbiased. Its a different production company now, but its one that is chosen by CAN.

As a father, who employs CAN, he could have requested that this conversation with Junior be on the cutting room floor. It was left in for a reason.

There isnt a celebrity in the world that would sign a contract that gives a Production Company the right to film and air whatever they choose. The question is, has Mr. Andre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Editing could be presented as a defence that Mr. Andre has no say in what goes in his show. Hendrick said that KP and PA had no input on the editing when they were together, but their managers did and no one could accuse them of being unbiased. Its a different production company now, but its one that is chosen by CAN.

As a father, who employs CAN, he could have requested that this conversation with Junior be on the cutting room floor. It was left in for a reason.

There isnt a celebrity in the world that would sign a contract that gives a Production Company the right to film and air whatever they choose. The question is, has Mr. Andre.

There certainly isn't.
    And when you consider the paucity of the material that PA's "life" has to offer, you have to believe that every second of his show has been planned and worked out to show the DOTY in all his glory.
    CAN and PA's management team work for him - if he wanted filming to stop, or the microphones turned off, or a scene omitted from the show, does anyone honestly believe that they would ignore PA's wishes and carry on regardless?
    Because I don't.
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was so clearly a dig - and to me it looked as though it was a 'set up' conversation with Junior. And Pete did his usual 'look to camera with his bemused and martyr like expression'

I'm pretty sure as well when telling Junior he wasn't getting married, that he added in another dig about it being too quick for him and Emily to get married, and also at some point in the last series stressed that he would do everything the 'right way' this time - i.e engagement, followed by marriage, and then the babies would come after that.

He has the ability with his facial expressions to clearly show when he's having a very passive aggressive dig at his ex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You've explained it fine. What you're describing is the very sly, very disingenuous 'wriggle room' tool.

He always makes sure that the dig or hit has a degree of ambiguity about it so if he's subsequently accused of saying X, he can deny it and say 'No, I don't say/mean that, people are just misinterpreting/misquoting me.'

But the combination of words, looks to camera, martyred expression, use of CANbot always tell the true story. :)
This discussion has been closed.