Options

What does your other half do that you can't stand?!

Comments

• Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are legions of disappointed women out there now :(

You can borrow my man if you want. He'll do the dishes (but leave the glasses the WRONG FRICKING WAY UP) and everything.

Hide the remote though, won't you?

I'm an expert at subconsciously kicking the remote under the sofa. Usually when Leeds are on.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    epicurian wrote: »
    :cry::cry:

You're in a relationship anyway (are you not), so no need to cry.

Chin up.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm currently feeling a bit hormonal and irritable and need to vent! So I'm hopefully starting a discussion on what your boyfriend/girlfriend does that annoys you.

Just want to add that this is just intended for a bit of fun and not being malicious... plus I do love my boyfriend :D

I'll start with right now, he's playing COD and sighing, swearing, huffing and puffing when he gets shot like it really matters... :D grrr it's a game!! :mad:

She only seems to get passionate about things that are either a short term fad, or incredibly popular in some other way. It sometimes seems like she wouldn't like certain things if they weren't so popular, which isn't really a good reason to like something in my eyes. It's sort of like being a fashion victim, but with culture instead of clothes.

She likes all the culture behind something and that's it. For example, she loves Harry Potter and Doctor Who, but it seems almost more to do with fitting into a particular culture of Doctor Who lovers than it Is to do with actually liking Doctor Who.

Seems to have no concept of any conversation that is deeper or more intellectual than

a) Some problem she is having in her life right now
    b) Some problem one of her friends is having

Neither of which ever gets any deeper than say- relationship troubles, how she chooses to decorate her room, etc... trying to talk about anything deeper is automatically seen as boring and she switches off, yet I am supposed to remember random crap she has told me two weeks ago about what all her friends are doing?

She has no sense of subtlety. She won't get comedy unless it's blindingly obvious. She won't like music unless it's really catchy, She won't like games unless it's some colourful anime character jumping over breeze blocks or something really simple like Tetris.

She doesn't seem to have a mad side. She is a vegetarian, she doesn't drink. Yeah yeah, I know, you think eating meat and drinking has nothing to do with being fun and crazy- I know that, but it's a profile that is common. I wish she cared less about things sometimes, like just doing something for the hell of it and being spontaneous and mad.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has night terrors (prob about me)

That's cos she's fed up being suddenly woken in the middle of the night by finding out YOU'VE been dreaming about having your hand up a cow's arse again!!! :eek:
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She only seems to get passionate about things that are either a short term fad, or incredibly popular in some other way. It sometimes seems like she wouldn't like certain things if they weren't so popular, which isn't really a good reason to like something in my eyes. It's sort of like being a fashion victim, but with culture instead of clothes.

She likes all the culture behind something and that's it. For example, she loves Harry Potter and Doctor Who, but it seems almost more to do with fitting into a particular culture of Doctor Who lovers than it Is to do with actually liking Doctor Who.

Seems to have no concept of any conversation that is deeper or more intellectual than

a) Some problem she is having in her life right now
    b) Some problem one of her friends is having

Neither of which ever gets any deeper than say- relationship troubles, how she chooses to decorate her room, etc... trying to talk about anything deeper is automatically seen as boring and she switches off, yet I am supposed to remember random crap she has told me two weeks ago about what all her friends are doing?

She has no sense of subtlety. She won't get comedy unless it's blindingly obvious. She won't like music unless it's really catchy, She won't like games unless it's some colourful anime character jumping over breeze blocks or something really simple like Tetris.

She doesn't seem to have a mad side. She is a vegetarian, she doesn't drink. Yeah yeah, I know, you think eating meat and drinking has nothing to do with being fun and crazy- I know that, but it's a profile that is common. I wish she cared less about things sometimes, like just doing something for the hell of it and being spontaneous and mad.

Ah! THAT explains it!

You're with my Ex....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah! THAT explains it!

You're with my Ex....

I'm with my own ex, because all women are the same :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Well, all women you've encountered are the same, maybe. :D

Can this include grown-up sons living at home? My youngest drives me MENTAL by using his desk as a bloody 16-piece drum kit - it seems to echo around the house, but maybe I'm just over-sensitive to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Milian wrote: »
    Can this include grown-up sons living at home?

Erm... no? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »

Erm... no? :o

Awwwww why?? :cry: (Okay, I'll come clean - my ex used to hate my whining :D)

Edit: actually - I feel rather uncomfortable now I read your post again! haha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awwwww why?? :cry: (Okay, I'll come clean - my ex used to hate my whining :D)

What's wrong with whining? You don't get what you want otherwise :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, it might have been the foot-stamping and throwing myself to the floor in Tesco parts he really objected to... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, it might have been the foot-stamping and throwing myself to the floor in Tesco parts he really objected to... :o

This is not how it works!

It's an ex, so whatever happened is always their fault :p
  • Options
    RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belching, farting, and yawning. Frequently at the same time.

And when she's asleep - snoring. And boy, does she snore.

I always find myself with that Tom Jones song 'she's a lady' playing ironically inside my head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    This is not how it works!

It's an ex, so whatever happened is always their fault :p

Yes! You're quite right! I only sulked when he tried to stop me using his credit card, after all. I mean, sheesh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Mine (well he's my ex now!) used to dip his roll in his soup when we went to a restaurant, even though he knew it annoyed me.

That's hardcore. Controlling much!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snores all night yet as soon as I start he wakes me up to tell me I'm snoring and now I'm listening to him.
    Doesn't seem to be able to put anything in the bin.
    His inability to wash a glass out properly.
    He eats too noisily.
    Polishes his shoes too much. And cleans his specticals too much.
    Uses the shower tray like it's a laundry basket.
    And many more things, but I adore him.
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    He farts just as he's waking up.
    He put his clothes in the linen basket inside out.
    He leaves the car in gear.
    He never, ever empties the dishwasher.
    He'll do anything for friends but I've asked him to regrout the shower a zillion times :rolleyes:

I do love him though :o
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A complete inability to close a door/drawer/fridge door after he's been in the cupboard/drawer/fridge. Thinks the back of the car is a bin and not a place for extra passengers to sit. Never uses a bread board when making a sandwich and leaves the buttery knife sitting on the worktop. I think that's the worst one :(
  • Options
    DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    He doesn't do his shoelaces up.
    He asks me how my day was, then interrupts me to talk about himself.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speak, mainly.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noisy yawning! Drives me mad, He could just yawn when he's tired, instead he has to make a deal of it by making a right racket.:mad:
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breathe - in and out, never going to stop (thanks to John Bishop.) :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Noisy yawning! Drives me mad, He could just yawn when he's tired, instead he has to make a deal of it by making a right racket.:mad:

My mum does that. It drives me mad. What's more, her dog has started making the same noise when it yawns as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    His side of the bed is always full of clothes and plates and glasses. I refuse to pick up after him as I'm not his mother but it drives me insane. Just pick up the damn clothes you lazy git!

Also he is cheap. I'll want to take a cab if it's too hot out and he'll just want to soldier on and walk up a hill to save five euros and be drenched in sweat by the time we get home. Then he'll complain about how hot it is. Well duh! You just made us walk up a hill in 30 degree heat, carrying bags of shopping instead of getting an air conditioned cab home!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    His side of the bed is always full of clothes and plates and glasses. I refuse to pick up after him as I'm not his mother but it drives me insane. Just pick up the damn clothes you lazy git!

Also he is cheap. I'll want to take a cab if it's too hot out and he'll just want to soldier on and walk up a hill to save five euros and be drenched in sweat by the time we get home. Then he'll complain about how hot it is. Well duh! You just made us walk up a hill in 30 degree heat, carrying bags of shopping instead of getting an air conditioned cab home!

I'd get a taxi for myself and let the silly bugger sweat all the way home tbh.