Yes. Didn't you know that cyril :)?
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    Yes. Didn't you know that cyril :)?

Must have slipped my mind! :)

Glad the baby's out of hospital ... probably straight into a hot pink baby grow but still :o
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds like something from a book. :eek: Also, considering nobody spoke English at the hospital, it was lucky she found a Dr/Surgeon that could tell her so eloquently (in English) what was going on. Unless that was made up to make the story sound better! ;)

I just do not buy it. Any of it.

Thanks for the link Sam (and Janna)

Oh gawd, the bit about being 'bundled' and the baby 'snatching' did make me laugh out loud, can you imagine mouth almighty twittering on about her phobia of needles to the surgeon :rolleyes::D:D:D well ducks if you can 'overcome' these phobia's for your distorted vanity, you don't have a 'phobia' .
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Broadbridge Heath :) I really like the tree but I'm concerned it will stand out when closer to the house.

Encouraged by fitness queen's enthusiasm though!

Racking my brain for any soft spots Katie has that might offer us a way in but drawing a blank so far :confused: She does like psychics, could we give her some spiel about the new moon rising over pluto with scorpio ascending being very auspicious for Geminis and that she really needs to have an in-depth reading to understand all the implications for her future?

Curious as to the reason for your edit there Sam - what on earth could have offended the good residents of Broadbridge Heath??

Thanks for the chance to read Pwicey's Super Soaraway account of the birth. Sounds like he was definitely born on the Riviera then - such a shame that she stumbled upon the only non-English speaking hospital in the region. You would think that if she was 34/36 weeks pregnant that she would have maybe researched the hospitals in the area she was travelling to? I know that I went on holiday to Wales at about 34 weeks and looked carefully at local hospitals and routes to take should there be a problem. Luckily my experience didn't descend into "My 192 day Welsh hospital hell" :D
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curious as to the reason for your edit there Sam - what on earth could have offended the good residents of Broadbridge Heath??

Thanks for the chance to read Pwicey's Super Soaraway account of the birth. Sounds like he was definitely born on the Riviera then - such a shame that she stumbled upon the only non-English speaking hospital in the region. You would think that if she was 34/36 weeks pregnant that she would have maybe researched the hospitals in the area she was travelling to? I know that I went on holiday to Wales at about 34 weeks and looked carefully at local hospitals and routes to take should there be a problem. Luckily my experience didn't descend into "My 192 day Welsh hospital hell" :D

I was being silly and suggesting a Pricey-related alternative but thought it best to remove in case of any misunderstandings. It read more like she was in a concentration camp with grim-faced harridan guards than what was probably a modern European hospital didn't it? But if you disregard the hysterical narration what do you have? Her waters broke but she didn't immediately go into labour so they monitored until the baby was found to be in distress at which point they promptly delivered him and took to a SCB unit either because of low birth weight or an infection. Completely agree holidaying abroad in your last month of pregnancy is risky so you'd have thought she'd have a well researched contingency plan in place :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was being silly and suggesting a Pricey-related alternative but thought it best to remove in case of any misunderstandings. It read more like she was in a concentration camp with grim-faced harridan guards than what was probably a modern European hospital didn't it? But if you disregard the hysterical narration what do you have? Her waters broke but she didn't immediately go into labour so they monitored until the baby was found to be in distress at which point they promptly delivered him and took to a SCB unit either because of low birth weight or an infection. Completely agree holidaying abroad in your last month of pregnancy is risky so you'd have thought she'd have a well researched contingency plan in place :rolleyes:

But that doesnt sound like "something from a dramatic film" though does it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Must have slipped my mind! :)

Glad the baby's out of hospital ... probably straight into a hot pink baby grow but still :o

The tweet doesn't really say that though. I can't imagine he is out of hospital seeing as they were "praying he would be OK" only the day before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    The tweet doesn't really say that though. I can't imagine he is out of hospital seeing as they were "praying he would be OK" only the day before.

I agree Liz, it sounded more like he was going to head back to the hospital to feed Jett after the film. Shame he's had to deal with that vile account though perhaps better to block and ignore rather than give it attention. Surprised Twitter haven't deleted yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRS W wrote: »
    Lol brilliant she could use it to hold auditions for her next husband!:D

PMSL that is classic :D

I don't know... the article kindly posted on photobucket states that he was been bottle fed and was out of an incubator ...and that was written almost two weeks ago...

As I have previously speculated, the delay in returning to the UK may well be because of the baby needing a passport.

The rest of the article though... how odd... I hope the hospital sue her... she makes it sound more like an alien abduction than a birth!!!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    The rest of the article though... how odd... I hope the hospital sue her... she makes it sound more like an alien abduction than a birth!!!:eek:

Well if it's a true account they wouldn't have a leg to stand on would they :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear ... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it's a true account they wouldn't have a leg to stand on would they :)

Reading between the lines they appeared to deal with an extremely hysterical patient with complete professionalism and put the best interests of the baby first so very good advert for them (and an own goal for Katie) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lozenger wrote: »
    But that doesnt sound like "something from a dramatic film" though does it?

I have visions of all the nurses looking like Rosa Klebb.....
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those wanting to read Katie's account of her nightmare birth 8 weeks early as told to The Sunday Sun, here you go:

http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/SenseiSam_xx/media/My%20Nightmare%20Birth%208%20wks%20early/kp1_zps93e8102b.jpg.html?sort=9&o=0

(With thanks to Janna and our anonymous scanner :))

Thanks for that Sensei! At last, the printed version :D

So she hadn't told her own kids before that article was printed then. I'm... I'm actually shocked. They were in Australia, not the centre of the Earth. Couldn't she and the Sun wait until she had told her own children before printing the article?!

I know an emergency C section is traumatic but it reads like
    some horror story. Err... she has had C sections before and you have to have recovery time for that and you don't get much of a chance to be with your baby while they sew up back up again so she should know this. Also you can't whip babies in and out of an incubator at a whim just because you haven't seen them for long.

What am I saying... this is a woman who asked on a TV show about "can I give birth naturally after a c section" instead of asking her doctor/ researching herself like most pregnant women would (or their partners/ husbands)

p.s I'm hoping she brings out a dramatic reading of the article.(maybe with a reenactment a la crime watch?) :D (p.p.s am jesting!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lion5 wrote: »
    I don't know... the article kindly posted on photobucket states that he was been bottle fed and was out of an incubator ...and that was written almost two weeks ago...

As I have previously speculated, the delay in returning to the UK may well be because of the baby needing a passport.

You can get an emergency passport within 24 hours though and abroad it takes only a few days through normal channels via the consulate. I get mine within 2 to 4 days in Germany.
    I am not sure about the condition of baby Jett - if he is out of an incubator since 2 weeks, then why keep him in hospital - it doesn't make sense - and then why tweet that they are praying he will be OK only a couple of days ago. Although it got them a press article!
    As for the article, I agree - the hospital should sue her, it is time someone does and shows her you cannot write what you want about other people just for the sake of getting some column inches. It was libellous and almost certainly untrue. For one thing, there is no way they could not speak English unless she is in Eastern Europe where English may still not be the first foreign language spoken in schools - although I doubt this is still the case.
    It sounds like they did a great job with a very difficult patient and she should be thanking them and apologising for getting so hysterical and making their work more difficult
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can get an emergency passport within 24 hours though and abroad it takes only a few days through normal channels via the consulate. I get mine within 2 to 4 days in Germany.
    I am not sure about the condition of baby Jett - if he is out of an incubator since 2 weeks, then why keep him in hospital - it doesn't make sense - and then why tweet that they are praying he will be OK only a couple of days ago. Although it got them a press article!
    As for the article, I agree - the hospital should sue her, it is time someone does and shows her you cannot write what you want about other people just for the sake of getting some column inches. It was libellous and almost certainly untrue. For one thing, there is no way they could not speak English unless she is in Eastern Europe where English may still not be the first foreign language spoken in schools - although I doubt this is still the case.
    It sounds like they did a great job with a very difficult patient and she should be thanking them and apologising for getting so hysterical and making their work more difficult

I think this is why they are being so vague - they haven't even confirmed which country they are in. If the hospital is not named or cannot be identified then they can't sue and Pwicey's account will go unchallenged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not officially challenged, but I get the impression most readers of the articles aren't completely buying the story - I think it was overdone this time and together with the cloak and dagger stuff leading up to the birth, Katie implying it may be twins and commenting that she knows who to blame if the baby is born early has made the whole scenario less believable for some.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I have never read such dramatic bullshit in my entire life!!!

She really played that part well, she deserves an Oscar. I wonder how long it took her to learn her lines :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for scans. My favourite bit from that article is the doc saying "Shhhhhhh you no talk, you no move."

I'm going to stop thinking about this now as I'm starting to wonder if she ever actually left the UK and all this, apart from having the baby, is just KP making stuff up into a tape and someone converting it into not very good book words.

Anyways. Hope little jett is thriving. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    OMG I have never read such dramatic bullshit in my entire life!!!

She really played that part well, she deserves an Oscar. I wonder how long it took her to learn her lines :rolleyes:

Luckily no-one spoke english so she had to rely on mime....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Thanks for scans. My favourite bit from that article is the doc saying "Shhhhhhh you no talk, you no move."

I'm going to stop thinking about this now as I'm starting to wonder if she ever actually left the country and all this, apart from having the baby, is just KP making stuff up into a tape and someone converting it into not very good book words.

Anyways. Hope little jett is thriving. :)

Has anyone watched The Cleveland Show? She's making the doc sound like Consuela! "Noooo me clean"
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    Thanks for that Sensei! At last, the printed version :D

So she hadn't told her own kids before that article was printed then. I'm... I'm actually shocked. They were in Australia, not the centre of the Earth. Couldn't she and the Sun wait until she had told her own children before printing the article?!

I know an emergency C section is traumatic but it reads like
    some horror story. Err... she has had C sections before and you have to have recovery time for that and you don't get much of a chance to be with your baby while they sew up back up again so she should know this. Also you can't whip babies in and out of an incubator at a whim just because you haven't seen them for long.

What am I saying... this is a woman who asked on a TV show about "can I give birth naturally after a c section" instead of asking her doctor/ researching herself like most pregnant women would (or their partners/ husbands)

p.s I'm hoping she brings out a dramatic reading of the article.(maybe with a reenactment a la crime watch?) :D (p.p.s am jesting!)

Hmm, dunno, they are all very vague with the time line.
    Kev was apparently out shopping, which indicates this happened during the day (unless I missed the time being stated), so even if it was night in Australia, is she honestly purporting that at some point over the next 12 hours (Australia's day)with the plethora of technology available now, she could not get hold of kids, but managed martyr like, to blather on about her 'baby snatching' ordeal in a sensationalist pile of crap.

Talk about p*ss poor priorities. Anyone with any shred of decency would surely decline to divulge such sh*te until the most important people in her life has been told.

It's all about the money and at the moment this baby is her cash cow and sod every one else.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole article comes across as a spoof! How can anyone take that twaddle seriously?:rolleyes:

Incidentally, KP always seems to get terrible service...first Sandals, now this foreign hospital! I awate her next public whinge with interest...perhaps it will be My Mobile Phone Malfunction Horror, My Broadband Bust-Up or My Credit Card Catastrophy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading between the lines they appeared to deal with an extremely hysterical patient with complete professionalism and put the best interests of the baby first so very good advert for them (and an own goal for Katie) :)

Reading between the lines means that you made your own interpretation, not necasarily the correct factual one.

:)
  • Options
    Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason i thought he could be out of hospital is because he tweeted at 11 pm and said he was in bed with katie watching a film(nothing wrong with that lol) BEFORE he feeds jett,so what will he do,watch the film then nip to the hospital at 1am and feed the baby.Unless they are watching a film at the hospital,he could have slipped up,anyway i hope the little un is out and doing well.
This discussion has been closed.