✭✭✭✭
    Ms Steak wrote: »
    Thank you Verence.

No problem
  • Options
    KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    gachnar wrote: »
    Actually it's not creepy in the slightest. If you actually bother to find out the circumstances of them getting together and see interviews with them you'd know that.

I must admit I did (and still do a bit) find it weird because she was 16 when they married but yes when I found out the circumstances recently, and the way Doug was talking about her tonight it does actually seem quite genuine
  • Options
    gemmy11gemmy11 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I think he is gorgeous can see what she sees in him, the way they talk about each other I would say they really do love each other. Love comes in many forms and age should not make a difference, take love where you can find it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    gemmy11 wrote: »
    Love comes in many forms and age should not make a difference, take love where you can find it.

:eek: Errrrm, it really should.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    To be fair when they first got married everyone was saying that there was no way that Courtney was 16, more like 30 and all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That silly hat didn't help...

I assumed that was so we couldn't see his receding hairline?
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I'm an X-Phile so I've known about him for nearly 20 years and he's always come across well to me in interviews.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    he;s not so bad i mean hugh hefner was having sex with ex bb hms the shannon twins and theres a much bigger age gap between them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    topcat3 wrote: »
    i think they're a cute couple. quite harsh that his family have disowned him

Harsh? He would be behind bars in some States....:confused:
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I assumed that was so we couldn't see his receding hairline?

Yeah, I'm sure you're right...

I was just being silly...
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed his work since the X Files and The Practice. Always thought he was a talented character actor. But I can't get over the fact a man in his late 40's hooked up with a 15 year old on the internet. In the US there was a show called To Catch a Predator, seems he should have been on that instead Entertainment chat shows and MTV reality shows.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seemed really lovely but it doesn't change the fact he married a child.

In some countries girls get married much younger and not so long ago they did in this country too, who are you to judge them?? She seems perfectly happy and she's kind unlike her older zelebs in that house such as Sophie and Carol.
  • Options
    kezabellakezabella Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I know he was only on screen for about 10 seconds but he seemed like a sweet guy actually, not the weirdo I was imagining. Lookswise, he reminds me of an older Corey Haim. He's craggy, but not ugly.

Not so bad really. Did they have a reality show in the States?

Yes. I kept an open mind but seeing him made me think how could he justify marrying a 16 year old girl. It gives me the creeps. SIXTEEN :eek:
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    gachnar wrote: »
    Actually it's not creepy in the slightest. If you actually bother to find out the circumstances of them getting together and see interviews with them you'd know that.

Oooh a bit more info please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In some countries girls get married much younger and not so long ago they did in this country too, who are you to judge them?? She seems perfectly happy and she's kind unlike her older zelebs in that house such as Sophie and Carol.

Who is anyone to judge anything? :confused: People judge each other and their situations, this isn't news to anyone.

I didn't say she was unhappy and I didn't say anything nasty about him or her, I said he married a child. It's not a good thing is it?
    Saying people get married younger than she did doesn't make it any better.
    She was a child, she pretty much still is. I'm thrilled she seems so happy, down to earth and sweet as she does.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I know he was only on screen for about 10 seconds but he seemed like a sweet guy actually, not the weirdo I was imagining. Lookswise, he reminds me of an older Corey Haim. He's craggy, but not ugly.

I just wish he had brought Mr Jingles with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's on BB, it would be rather naïve to expect us not to judge her character and aspects of her life.
  • Options
    BirdyBeeBirdyBee Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Umm..didn't alter or reinforce my opinion. He was just some bloke on my screen briefly.

I wouldn't have expected anything else.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milhause wrote: »
    I liked him and can see why she does too.

I agree, he seems like a nice guy, and looks much younger than his 50's. Courtney must love him to be with him 3 years on!
  • Options
    bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never forgive him for what he did to Eduard Delacroix but I must admit, he is one lucky bar steward.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is anyone to judge anything? :confused: People judge each other and their situations, this isn't news to anyone.

I didn't say she was unhappy and I didn't say anything nasty about him or her, I said he married a child. It's not a good thing is it?
    Saying people get married younger than she did doesn't make it any better.
    She was a child, she pretty much still is. I'm thrilled she seems so happy, down to earth and sweet as she does.

Well that child seems pretty ok to me with the choices she's made in her young years. Like I said check out the more mature people in there they are far more worrisome.

Again, why emphasize on the child bit, they're married, they're happy. That's all there is to it and they've been married for 3 years. Surely if she didn't think her choice was right, she'd have left the marriage and if he thought he'd made the wrong choice he'd have.
    I think people need to give people more credit for living their lives, it's hardly like he's got a string of 15 yr old that he's banged. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I've seen the X-Files and Lost and was trying to place him. Someone mentioned The Green Mile above and I remember him from that.

He seemed nice. I was expecting him to look different. Kind of more mature looking. Fake tanned older Hollywood gent silver fox looking is what I imagined. Hard to explain the picture in my head really. Bit like Bill Buchanan from 24 if anyone has seen it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apparently the 'relationship expert' who was in the TV program they did initially thought he would be a predatory pedo but later came to realise that Courtney was the dominant person in the relationship.

The idea is always sold as a young girl being preyed upon by an older man but I suspect that is often far from the truth, girls that age are often more than capable of looking after themselves.
    But it is all stereotypes, the weak easily lead girl and the predatory older male.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never had an opinion on him. I knew who he was as in what films I had seen him in. He seemed pleasant. :)
  • Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my opinion that means nothing to none of you.

She was 16! SIXTEEN! He was 50 something.

It's not so much about how many years there are between them, it's about where those years fall. Had she been 25 and he 60, I'd say who cares... But when you slide that age gap back to 16, it changes everything. I think she's a child NOW at 19, so at 16... UGH!

Oh, and he's not famous.