Options

Kara Tointon & Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 24)

Comments

• Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the wicked side of me would like to see Vanessa and James....fireworks or what!!!

Ooh, yes. Great idea. But I suspect she might get Anton or my other thought for Anton is Deborah Meade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    Here's my initial take on the ladies.

Sophie Ellis Baxtor - Don't know why, but not that keen on her so far.
    Abbey Clancy - Not sure she's going to be that popular with the public so a no for Artem from me.
    Natalie Gumede - Quite a bit of dance training apparently but she might be ok if her personality comes across ok. Would like her with Artem.
    Rachel Riley - Liked her video she comes across very naturally. Not sure if she'll be able to dance but would quite like her with Artem.
    Fiona Fullerton - Great video. As well as loving Kara, I sensed she is a great fan of the show (watching ITT too). I'd be quite happy for her to partner Artem as I said in a post earlier.
    Susanna Reid - I'm not sure why but I'm not that keen on her. She'd be ok as a partner but I'd feel slightly disappointed I think. I could change my mind possibly.
    Vanessa Felz - Just no!
    Deborah Meaden - Like you Anam, I think she'd be too familiar to Fern last year so am hoping she's not partnered with Artem.

Anyone else going to have a go? :)

Yes, I agree! Of all the older ladies, it's just Fiona I wouldn't mind seeing him dance with.
  • Options
    karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel is apparently 1.70m

About 5'6' ? I have a feeling Artem will get Rachel. Just because he had Fern last year. Or do you think the producers will think she is too similiar to Kara in build. (Although Rachel looks to have a bust)
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    I've found a few more heights
    Natalie 1.73
    Sophie and Abby 1.75
    Rachel 1.70
    Susannah 1.63

Fiona, Vanessa and Deborah's heights I cant find , but all look shorter, similar to Susannah.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lateone wrote: »
    [/B]

First BIB ...Come to Leeds, Cara, you globetrotter!:)

Second BIB I agree. Welcome back KA!:D
    Tempting..very tempting;):)

Abbey Clancy - Not sure she's going to be that popular with the public so a no for Artem from me.
    Natalie Gumede - Quite a bit of dance training apparently but she might be ok if her personality comes across ok. Would like her with Artem.
    Rachel Riley - Liked her video she comes across very naturally. Not sure if she'll be able to dance but would quite like her with Artem.
    Fiona Fullerton - Great video. As well as loving Kara, I sensed she is a great fan of the show (watching ITT too). I'd be quite happy for her to partner Artem as I said in a post earlier.
    Susanna Reid - I'm not sure why but I'm not that keen on her. She'd be ok as a partner but I'd feel slightly disappointed I think. I could change my mind possibly.
    Vanessa Felz - Just no!
    Deborah Meaden - Like you Anam, I think she'd be too familiar to Fern last year so am hoping she's not partnered with Artem.

Anyone else going to have a go?
    :)
    the wicked side of me would like to see Vanessa and James....fireworks or what!!!
    :eek::D:cool:
    lateone wrote: »
    Yes, I agree! Of all the older ladies, it's just Fiona I wouldn't mind seeing him dance with.
    Me three:)

Looking forward to seeing the reaction to Aljaz...who could forget those cheekbones:o
  • Options
    karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anam cara wrote: »
    Tempting..very tempting;):)

:)

:eek::D:cool:

Me three:)

Looking forward to seeing the reaction to Aljaz...who could forget those cheekbones:o

BIB .....Ahem...me too. Not to mention the cute birthmark under his left eye. :o
  • Options
    WingiWingi Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Vanessa Felz - Just no!

Anyone else going to have a go? :)

Okay, I’ll play! (Even though I know nothing about ANY of these women, other than vague, distant memories of Fiona Fullerton)

In order of preference to dance with Artem:
    Rachel Riley – should look good with him, has no dance experience but looks like she will try. Best fit, build-wise and should enable some interesting choreography and demonstration of teaching skills. More skills and less chest please this year!
    Natalie Gumede – looks lively, but might get labelled as a ringer.
    Fiona Fullerton – ballet training and build should make her the dream SCD older lady. (I think Pasha will get her).
    Susanna Reid – Looks a bit matronly
    Sophie Ellis Baxtor – Monkseal says she can’t dance, so I’ll take his word for it! Reminds me of Holly, another singer who couldn’t dance and was too tall for Artem!!!!
    Abbey Clancy – too tall for Artem and a WAG.
    Vanessa Feltz – people hate her?
    Deborah Meaden – Fern, mark 2?

I think it has been cast for a female win, so I think Artem may strike lucky with his partner this year due to his popularity.
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Wingi wrote: »
    Okay, I’ll play! (Even though I know nothing about ANY of these women, other than vague, distant memories of Fiona Fullerton)

In order of preference to dance with Artem:
    Rachel Riley – should look good with him, has no dance experience but looks like she will try. Best fit, build-wise and should enable some interesting choreography and demonstration of teaching skills. More skills and less chest please this year!
    Natalie Gumede – looks lively, but might get labelled as a ringer.
    Fiona Fullerton – ballet training and build should make her the dream SCD older lady. (I think Pasha will get her).
    Susanna Reid – Looks a bit matronly
    Sophie Ellis Baxtor – Monkseal says she can’t dance, so I’ll take his word for it! Reminds me of Holly, another singer who couldn’t dance and was too tall for Artem!!!!
    Abbey Clancy – too tall for Artem and a WAG.
    Vanessa Feltz – people hate her?
    Deborah Meaden – Fern, mark 2?

I think it has been cast for a female win, so I think Artem may strike lucky with his partner this year due to his popularity.

Ooooh, interesting snippet from Monkseal. Thanks for your thoughts. :) We all seem to be quite similar in our views so far. Digits crossed for tomorrow/Saturday.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see you back KartemAddict :)

I hope someone will post a full list of the pros and celebs heights so I can do a full deliberation (where's footygirl when you need her :)). I heard on the radio today that Abbey, Natalie and Rachel are all good dancers (according to Susanna) as well as Ashley.

I'd like Artem to get Rachel or Natalie. I keep reading different heights for them all, so I'm just going on who I think he'd look good with :p. I don't want Deborah or Vanessa because they're both a bit too bossy and overbearing. I like Abbey (and think she was at least somewhat famous in her own right before becoming a WAG ;)), but think she is too tall and would look great with Aljaz anyway. Fiona would be okay, I suppose, but I wouldn't be excited about her. Susanna would be fine and if Sophie can't dance, then she belongs to Anton :D (and she might find she suits ballroom :))

Vanessa and James has to be a done deal, doesn't it?? *innocent face*. I actually think they could be a good partnership.

There are more press shots in the gallery on this page
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/03/strictly-come-dancing-line-up-press-launch-red-carpet-pictures_n_3860731.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great to see you back posting KA and bringing some real treats...

Can't believe they are not coming to my area:(

Gorgeous...that smile...thank you so much KA...did I say it was great to have you back;):):)

A very quick hello to everyone. Having just returned from our 7 weeks in France last night I'm still trying to catch up. Loving all the Strictly gossip although I missed last night's One Show and not had time today to catch it on I Player. Just put my 7th lot of washing on!

Can someone clever help please? I can't get the link for the Tour dates to work. Just wondering If they are leaving Cardiff out again!

Hopefully I 'll be able to post throughout Strictly, providing OH has positive results after tomorrow's hospital appointment. I really hope Artem gets a hard working partner with whom he can have a good relationship. He really needs to tweet more though as most of the other pros are already on the tweeting bandwagon! The idea that he's difficult seems to dog him still -such a shame when we all know what a sweetie he is.

Will try to be a loyal Kartemite this season. Much love to you all, A XXXXX
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks to IzzieStar for these (in case anyone wants to play the match-up game). Will try and find the pros heights too.

Sophie Ellis Bextor - 5'9
    Abbey Clancy - 5'9
    Rachel Riley - 5'7
    Vanessa Feltz - 5'2 (?)
    Fiona Fullerton - 5'5 (?)
    Deborah Meaden - 5'2 (?)
    Natalie Gumede - 5'8
    Susanna Reid - 5'4

Dave Myers - 6'0
    Ben Cohen - 6'3
    Tony Jacklin - 5'9
    Mark Benton - 5'11
    Julien MacDonald - ?
    Ashley Taylor Dawson - 6'0
    Patrick Robinson - 5'11

Big wave to stranger Seren :D.
    Welcome back and good luck for tomorrow xxxxx

ETA...
    Kevin 5'8
    Robin 5'9
    Pasha 5'10
    Artem 5'10
    James 5'11
    Anton ?
    Brendan ?
    Alijaz. 6'2 ??

Can anyone help with the ladies?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Admit it chaps! We men are Strictly addicts too... and not just for the girls' flashes of, ahem, brilliance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2410712/Admit-chaps-We-men-Strictly-addicts--just-girls-flashes-ahem-brilliance.html#ixzz2dtoohUuT

Great pic of Kara and Artem in action accompanies this article. Their first dance, cha cha cha. The article is a good read...

'...But for me there’s much more to Strictly that those obvious ingredients. And I can sum it all up with a single routine: Kara Tointon and Artem Chigvintsev dancing the rumba in 2010.

It was just about the sexiest thing I have ever seen on TV.

Kara, who is very pretty, wore a simple, long pink dress — no flounces, no feathers, just a smattering of sequins that floated round her body, teasingly revealing the occasional flash of smooth skin. I don’t mean to be crude, but phwoarrr
    !

And Artem was clearly catnip to the ladies. His black shirt was left open to reveal his fake-tanned, hairless, muscular chest

Boy, did Kara and Artem perform! I reckon they’re still the best couple the show has ever seen. This was, of course, due in large part to the fact that they were, by then, an actual couple. They weren’t faking that passion. And it showed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2410712/Admit-chaps-We-men-Strictly-addicts--just-girls-flashes-ahem-brilliance.html#ixzz2dttPHXjK

A closet Kartem fan;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7seren7 wrote: »
    A very quick hello to everyone. Having just returned from our 7 weeks in France last night I'm still trying to catch up. Loving all the Strictly gossip although I missed last night's One Show and not had time today to catch it on I Player. Just put my 7th lot of washing on!

Can someone clever help please? I can't get the link for the Tour dates to work. Just wondering If they are leaving Cardiff out again!

Hopefully I 'll be able to post throughout Strictly, providing OH has positive results after tomorrow's hospital appointment. I really hope Artem gets a hard working partner with whom he can have a good relationship. He really needs to tweet more though as most of the other pros are already on the tweeting bandwagon! The idea that he's difficult seems to dog him still -such a shame when we all know what a sweetie he is.

Welcome back Seren:)

Hope you had a wonderful holiday. My thoughts are with you and your OH today. As Arty would say, 'fingers crossed'.

Thanks for bringing the sun back with you;):)

The link seems to have disappeared, all I remember - the Show starts in Birmingham on 17th January then goes to London and after shows in Leeds ...(can't recall other venues) ends back in London, finishing about 9th February. Hopefully someone else will find the link or remember the full details.

Have a great day.:)

Loving all the posts on the 'matching game'
  • Options
    crazy4kartemcrazy4kartem Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Admit it chaps! We men are Strictly addicts too... and not just for the girls' flashes of, ahem, brilliance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2410712/Admit-chaps-We-men-Strictly-addicts--just-girls-flashes-ahem-brilliance.html#ixzz2dtoohUuT

Great pic of Kara and Artem in action accompanies this article. Their first dance, cha cha cha. The article is a good read...

'...But for me there’s much more to Strictly that those obvious ingredients. And I can sum it all up with a single routine: Kara Tointon and Artem Chigvintsev dancing the rumba in 2010.

Kara, who is very pretty, wore a simple, long pink dress — no flounces, no feathers, just a smattering of sequins that floated round her body, teasingly revealing the occasional flash of smooth skin. I don’t mean to be crude, but phwoarrr
    !

And Artem was clearly catnip to the ladies. His black shirt was left open to reveal his fake-tanned, hairless, muscular chest

Boy, did Kara and Artem perform! I reckon they’re still the best couple the show has ever seen. This was, of course, due in large part to the fact that they were, by then, an actual couple. They weren’t faking that passion. And it showed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2410712/Admit-chaps-We-men-Strictly-addicts--just-girls-flashes-ahem-brilliance.html#ixzz2dttPHXjK

Thanks for the link. A good article, not what one expects from the Daily Mail. I'm surprised the journalist hasn't turned up at one of our kartem outings; he certainly is a fan. :D

Am going to try to avoid spoilers so that the Saturday show is full of surprises but from previous experience I'm unlikely to succeed ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hello , Seren,
    No the link doesn't work. I googled 'Strictly tour 2014' and managed to get a list. But surprisingly, only London 02 and London Wembley figure south of Birmingham. The north has done well with the first ever time the tour will be at the new arena in Leeds.
    Birmingham 17th-19th Jan
    Wembley 20th-21st Jan
    Liverpool 23rd Jan ( just for SMW)
    Leeds 24th-26th Jan
    Sheffield 28th-29th Jan
    Newcastle 30th-31st Jan
    Glasgow1st-2nd Feb
    Nottingham 4th-5th Feb
    Manchester 6th-7th Feb
    London 02 8th-9th Feb
    Good luck today, Seren and your husband.
  • Options
    tracynoetracynoe Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you going to watch the launch show with friends? Peeve, Eselle, Soupy and I are meeting up on Saturday for a launch show party. Part of the fun will be trying to match up the celebs and pros before the show starts!

!!!! No !!!!!! My partner and Son know they aren't allowed to talk during strictly! Don't know how I'd cope in a social gathering:eek: LOL

Seren, Waiting for news from you regarding John, hugs. Also, I can't remember where I saw the list of dates but Cardiff definitely wasn't included this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi All
    Haven't posted in a long time ,hope everyone is well ,Looking forward to the new series, lots of interesting characters and hopefully a few of them can dance.

Excited to see who Artem will be partnered with ,I would love it to be Natalie or Rachel. I just hope we get to see as many routines as possible of Artem's amazing choreography .

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted info,reports from Relatively Speaking and Strictly Confidential ,videos ,pics over the last few months.

Edit : Hope all goes well today Seren
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    A very quick hello to everyone. Having just returned from our 7 weeks in France last night I'm still trying to catch up.

Hi Seren, loverrrrly to have you back posting. Digits crossed for John xx

Thanks for the article Anam. *Waves* to nice DM man! ;)
    Thanks for the link. A good article, not what one expects from the Daily Mail. I'm surprised the journalist hasn't turned up at one of our kartem outings; he certainly is a fan. :D

Am going to try to avoid spoilers so that the Saturday show is full of surprises but from previous experience I'm unlikely to succeed ...

I'm going to have to avoid twitter as well I think as it's bound to be leaked on there.
    tracynoe wrote: »
    !!!! No !!!!!! My partner and Son know they aren't allowed to talk during strictly! Don't know how I'd cope in a social gathering:eek: LOL

Seren, Waiting for news from you regarding John, hugs. Also, I can't remember where I saw the list of dates but Cardiff definitely wasn't included this year.

Hi Tracy. I know what you mean about outside distractions but we managed very well at Peeve's last year. I'll probably watch it again on I-player on my own on Sunday too though.
    freckles88 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Haven't posted in a long time ,hope everyone is well ,Looking forward to the new series, lots of interesting characters and hopefully a few of them can dance.

Excited to see who Artem will be partnered with ,I would love it to be Natalie or Rachel. I just hope we get to see as many routines as possible of Artem's amazing choreography .

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted info,reports from Relatively Speaking and Strictly Confidential ,videos ,pics over the last few months.

Edit : Hope all goes well today Seren

Welcome back freckles..........lovely to see you posting! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    wliag43wliag43 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely to see some familiar names appearing again - welcome back :)

seren - hope things go well with John
  • Options
    ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shame about Natalie.

BIB yes a full reveal tonight but if you go to the Celebs for 2013 thread, the full line up leak is probably there. :)

!

oops if a Dailyfail journalist is a pink rumba fan, I might have to think again.
    Quick nip on as been desperately trying to catch up between assistant kitchen builder duties.
    There are too many people to thank for the all the entertaining clips and speculation. It wouldbe the longest multi quote ever... So thank you all.lovely to see so many old faces.
    Seren best wishes for tomorrow.
    Our house is on the verge of being habitable, the plumbers and our neighbour are about to connect the drains. I have bagged the first flush. We also have Internet and may well sleep here from tomorrow. We have a bed and a dishwasher but not much else. I will miss the launch show but back for a couple of weeks in mid sept sp will catch up.
    I hope everyone enjoys the show, and the SW party is good
    A bientot

Latest update water connected but plumber got the first flush:(
  • Options
    keep_dancingkeep_dancing Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very red faced .... I haven't posted here since January .... but I'm still a true Kartemite! :) A special thanks to those that keep the thread going! It's meant I've been able to lurk and read every word! I hope all fellow Kartemites and their families are well!

I'm soooooo looking forward to Saturday - I've even bought a pair of sparkly pyjamas! I doubt I'll be able to avoid trying to find out who Artem is paired with!!!!!

I really don't mind who he gets paired with .... as long as ..... she is prepared to work hard and enjoy the experience of dancing with Artem! Easy! ;) It's a privellege to be able to dance with any of the professionals, I hope the celebrities realise how lucky they are!

As I said, I'm less bothered about the 'name' of the celeb Artem is paired with (at the moment!) I'm more interested in 'potential'. I've looked at the trailer and the press photographs - trying to get an idea of the females celebs that have a good posture, strong neckline, flexible ankles but the trailer and photographs really give nothing away! An impossible task ... I suppose all will be revealed very soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very red faced .... I haven't posted here since January .... but I'm still a true Kartemite! :) A special thanks to those that keep the thread going! It's meant I've been able to lurk and read every word! I hope all fellow Kartemites and their families are well!

I'm soooooo looking forward to Saturday - I've even bought a pair of sparkly pyjamas! I doubt I'll be able to avoid trying to find out who Artem is paired with!!!!!

I really don't mind who he gets paired with .... as long as ..... she is prepared to work hard and enjoy the experience of dancing with Artem! Easy! ;) It's a privellege to be able to dance with any of the professionals, I hope the celebrities realise how lucky they are!

As I said, I'm less bothered about the 'name' of the celeb Artem is paired with (at the moment!) I'm more interested in 'potential'. I've looked at the trailer and the press photographs - trying to get an idea of the females celebs that have a good posture, strong neckline, flexible ankles but the trailer and photographs really give nothing away! An impossible task ... I suppose all will be revealed very soon!
    Ooh, where from? I'm interested in some!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wave to keep-dancing, good to have you back :)

Clartem - glad to hear your plumbing is a-go-go :D

A plea about *****SPOILERS***** for this evening and until Saturday night.

Please, pretty please, can we keep the thread spoiler free - or use spolier tags - until the show has aired on Saturday?

...including things like ':D:D:D' and 'Hurray!' and 'Disappointed' and anything else that gives a clue?!!

To post inside spoiler tags just highlight the bit which is spoiler-ish and click on the greyed out 'S' at the top right of the reply box. Or click it first and type in between the two sets of square brackets.

Thank you most kindly :)