Options

Emmerdaily 5 September - Take good care of my baby

OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Evening Dailians, hope everyone is well. Gulfie has bigger fish to fry tonight and has left me in charge. :cool:

Here is the title song for any young'uns who don't know it. :cool:

So this is what's in store for us tonight :

Part 1
Adam is scared and confused, telling the police they have got it all wrong. At the same time, Moira is shocked to learn that Adam has been arrested on suspicion of murder. She is thrown when she is questioned over Adam's friendship with Alex, and then about her own relationship with Alex.

Doubts begin to set in for Moira about her son, especially when the police find some evidence in Sparrow Wood. Adam is unnerved as it hits him hard that someone is setting him up. At the same time, Cameron hears that Adam has been arrested and is pleased that his plan is working…

Meanwhile, Amy offers to look after Jack for Andy, and after a few lies takes Jack along to Kyle's toddler group. Amy is nervous and out of her comfort zone but soon gets talking to Joanie. Amy is floored when Joanie recognises her - how can she explain herself and her actions?

Elsewhere, Kerry wants to put a potential house buyer off and makes the house a mess - but will it work?

Also, Rhona suggests bringing back Vanessa rather than let the business suffer, and it's Angelica's first day at school.

Part 2
Adam pleads his innocence but it falls on deaf ears, and his sudden arrest is the talk of The Woolpack. Finally he is released on bail but is still worried to know he remains in the frame. Adam is hurt that even his mother doubts his innocence.

Later, Adam heads to find his gloves, but worryingly can only find one. Will his mother believe his protestations?

Meanwhile, Amy flounders as she faces up to a curious Joanie. She fudges a reason as to why she is there. Amy then enjoys spending some time with Kyle and Joanie. When Amy is handed her son, it's obvious the connection is there. Later, Victoria warns Amy that she is playing a dangerous game, but can Amy keep away now?

Elsewhere, Nicola begs Declan for her job back, but will he give it to her?

Also, Amelia steps up her tormenting of Cameron when she texts him another demand, and Paddy asks Vanessa to come back to the surgery but she is non-committal.

So nobody believes poor Adumb whatever he says. :(

He's especially upset with his mum.

Poor Rhona's still suffering. :(

KneeCo's desperate to get her job back.

And wor Kerreh takes matters into her own hands.

Finally we finish with yet another cute Puppy. :cool:

Sit back and enjoy the show y'all. :)

Comments

• Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    it's time Pickpuss came back.
    I must try and tempt her with Revels.
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,453
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread OnJ :)

Bobby Vee was before my time but I still know a lot of his stuff. I like most of his singles (Run To Him and The Night Has A Thousand Eyes) are probably my favourites. I'm not a fan of A Forever Kind of Love and Please Don't Ask About Barbara.

Oddly enough I was talking with my mother last night during a Pointless question about music when one of the 'young uns' on the programme said she didn't know any of the answers.

When I was growing up in the 70s I listened to a lot of music that my parents had on LPs and singles as well as the "Old Record Club" on Radio 1 which used to play the chart from past years. That was really all you could do to access older music then.

So I picked up an awful lot of 50s and 60s music like that.

Now, with the internet music is more accessible than it has ever been but, somehow, the people who are now in their teens or early 20s don't appear to be picking up on older music in the same that I and my friends did when it was less accessible. Very odd! :rolleyes:

Hi all!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooh Chita, you've had a MILDSTONE! Congrats, (even though you didn't quite have it on t'Daily). :cool:
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Twenty Five people have voted in Round Seventy Seven so far!

If you fancy joining in this round of the Survivor game then take a look at the rules below…

Below you will find a list of current Emmerdale characters .

Simply cast your eye down the list then work out which THREE characters you dislike the most / feel the most ambivalent about.

Once you’ve worked out who they are simply post your choices on here or send them to me via PM.

The two characters with the most votes will be evicted whilst the remainder will go through to Round Twenty Eight which will be posted next Monday.

Voting closes at Midnight on Sunday 08 September

Your choices are:-

01) Moira Barton
    02) Cain Dingle
    03) Zak Dingle
    04) Alicia Gallagher
    05) Jimmy King

06) Nicola King
    07) David Metcalfe
    08) Eric Pollard
    09) Val Pollard
    10) Chastity Spencer

11) Victoria Sugden

Those who have voted so far are:-

+ 80's Gal
    + Beaurepaire
    + brb
    + chrisdebag
    + CollieWobbles

+ Cuishla
    + Glendarroch
    + JackW
    + JR_THELEGEND
    + Justonecornetto

+ KaylaL
    + kwynne42
    + Lewi26
    + lotty27
    + lovelife7292

+ maltshovel
    + Melephunk2010
    + Mishcoll
    + OsakaSun
    + Pandora.

+ rhumble
    + sheepiefarm
    + star89
    + SULLA
    + wuffles
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening Dalians:)

Great thread Onj:), however, erm, I hate to burst your bubble, but that isn't a pug:o
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for the thread OnJ :)

Evening everyone :D Congrats on the mildstone Chita :)

I see no Debbie in the spoilers again :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread OnJ :)

Bobby Vee was before my time but I still know a lot of his stuff. I like most of his singles (Run To Him and The Night Has A Thousand Eyes) are probably my favourites. I'm not a fan of A Forever Kind of Love and Please Don't Ask About Barbara.

Oddly enough I was talking with my mother last night during a Pointless question about music when one of the 'young uns' on the programme said she didn't know any of the answers.

When I was growing up in the 70s I listened to a lot of music that my parents had on LPs and singles as well as the "Old Record Club" on Radio 1 which used to play the chart from past years. That was really all you could do to access older music then.

So I picked up an awful lot of 50s and 60s music like that.

Now, with the internet music is more accessible than it has ever been but, somehow, the people who are now in their teens or early 20s don't appear to be picking up on older music in the same that I and my friends did when it was less accesible. Very odd! :rolleyes:

Hi all!:D

Hi RK, yes it is odd and quite sad really. I had an older sister and a much older cousin who left me her entire singles collection when she moved away to go to Uni, so I literally grew up with Bobby Vee, Billy Fury, Everly Brothers, Conway Twitty and Little Eva etc, long before I was old enough to buy records of my own era. There was some great stuff out there back then. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all and great thread title!

Hoping we don't get any call outs tonight so we can watch both episodes live.... (I live in hope lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great thread Onj:), however, erm, I hate to burst your bubble, but that isn't a pug:o

D'you know, I did wonder actually. :o Forgot we had a canine expert on here or I'd probably have got away with it. Anyway, he's still cute. :D
  • Options
    maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Evening all :)

Tomasz Schafernaker scrumpdeliicious :)
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the 5th love NOT September 5.;):rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »

Hehe, my powers are boundless. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    It's the 5th love NOT September 5.;):rolleyes:

We're not in th'18th century any more, dear. Business correspondence terminology and accepted practice has been streamlined since you were a lad. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Poor jaded, her eyesight is getting so bad.
    She would go to specsavers......if she could see the door to get in. :D:D
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the thread Jaded :)

Hi everyone :)
  • Options
    maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Congrats Chita :D
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Congrats Chita :)
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening Jaded ;) A trip back to the 60s then :D

Hello there all you lovely Dailians :D

Hi JW :):) TYVM

Chita, champers and canapes for your 28K :):)
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double Emmy,then Enders and Pat and Cribbage-a great night's telly!:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Hi RK, yes it is odd and quite sad really. I had an older sister and a much older cousin who left me her entire singles collection when she moved away to go to Uni, so I literally grew up with Bobby Vee, Billy Fury, Everly Brothers, Conway Twitty and Little Eva etc, long before I was old enough to buy records of my own era. There was some great stuff out there back then. :cool:

Yes. My mother was a big fan of Billy Fury (he was her number 1 idol when she was a teenager), The Everly Brothers, Elvis etc.

My father was into Brenda Lee, Dusty Springfield, Roy Orbison, Johnny Mathis etc so I knew their stuff before I'd even got into double figures age wise.

We were talking about Christmas songs a few years ago at work and I happened to mention When A Child Is Born. Two twenty somethings looked blankly at me, so I told them it had been Christmas number 1 in 1976 by Johnny Mathis.

They hadn't heard of him either.

Last night's Pointless had a round of songs and their films. One girl contestant who was 20s something I guess claimed not to know any songs on her board and most of them were big, well known tracks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Ooh Chita, you've had a MILDSTONE! Congrats, (even though you didn't quite have it on t'Daily). :cool:
    star89 wrote: »

maltshovel wrote: »
    Congrats Chita :D
    80's Gal wrote: »
    Congrats Chita :)

Thanks all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pat and Cribbage-a great night's telly!:cool:

I do like Barbara Flynn so Boyfriend and I will be tuning in to see what it's like.

She was great as bisexual Doctor Rose Maria in A Very Peculiar Practice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Evening Jaded ;) A trip back to the 60s then :D

Hello there all you lovely Dailians :D

Hi JW :):) TYVM

Chita, champers and canapes for your 28K :):)

Thank you.

Double Emmy,then Enders and Pat and Cribbage-a great night's telly!:cool:

and big brother, or don't you watch that any more?
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Everyone :)
    Thanks all.

Congrats! :D:D