Options

Obama the warmonger got scared and back tracked lol!

Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
Forum Member
Oh Oshama the coward talked a good fight and after all the talk he got scared of taking the vote to congress. I guess he did not want to be humiliated like this poodle Cameron.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24043751

Also, i have enjoyed watching this double dealing, lying donkey/monkey of a war monger get humiliated and outclassed by Putin.

He back tracked a lot and jumped back and forth over this yellow line. :D

Oh and this Obominbation still needs to hand back his Nobel peace prize:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Cameron was not humiliated. He took the result very well.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, his arse went :D
  • Options
    JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oshama?

But yes, Putin 1, Obama 0.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Oshama the coward talked a good fight and after all the talk he got scared of taking the vote to congress. I guess he did not want to be humiliated like this poodle Cameron.

Also, i have enjoyed watching this double dealing, lying donkey/monkey of a war monger get humiliated and outclassed by Putin.

Oh and this Obominbation still needs to hand back his Nobel peace prize:rolleyes:
    Yeah, whatever happened to the good old days when we could rely on the POTUS to start a war that would inevitably drag us in eventually and cost millions of pounds and possibly 1000s of lives, just to save face? It's almost as if he prefers the prospect of being seen to backtrack, to getting into a war he perhaps thinks may not be necessary after all ! :eek: He's a politician, dammit, the lives of his citizens and those of other nations are not his concern.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Justicar wrote: »
    Oshama?

But yes, Putin 1, Obama 0.

Putin played him if you ask me. He spent weeks trying to convince everybody that the rebels had used the chemical weapons on their own fighters to stir up anger against Assad. Most of the world, including the US didn't buy it, and as soon as it looks like a US strike could be likely, Putin does a complete u-turn and decides it was in fact Assad forces that used them, and announces this plan, most likely to try and make Obama look like a fool.

Far play to Barrack for having the maturity to back down and adapt his plans as the situation shifts so quickly. He could have stuck to his plans to strike to save face, but he realises how bad that would look in the long run. I have to say, I prefer his tactics to the sneaky Russian underhand aporoach. Perhaps the fear of US strikes was just what Assad needed to hand over the weapons.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That speech last night was hilarious, he said he resisted calls for military action, erm what! :D
  • Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no doubt Obama will give the order if necessary,

The American people overwhelmingly do not want another conflict and 'emotionally' feel we should not intervene in Syria's situation.

I am soooooo fine with a President that takes into consideration what overwhelmingly the American public wants (or doesn't want) and decides to put it at a congressional vote. In all honesty, what some of the British think does not concern me.

If by action and eventually (hypothetically) causing of a mid east conflict, no doubt the British would eventually be involved. Guess y'all have to figure out WHAT direction you would have Obama choose.. Action/Diplomacy?

edited to add: Grow the F' up,. I regret posting to this thread but wanted to own what i wrote.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this works out. I hope all those previously arguing to send in the bombs because there was no other solution are eating some humble pie. This has to be at least tried first.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what the American politicians who criticised us have to say now ?

An armed response was never really the right route, at most a UN peacekeeping force or similar was the way to but bombing would have achieved nothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do we just stand by while innocent people are gassed with chemical weapons ?

I wonder sometimes if people like OP have any moral compass :rolleyes:
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »

And what will we do to the rebels ( the innocent people we all refer to ) who are killing school children on the government side ? Chemical weapons use was disgusting but no side in this is innocent other than some of its victims.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    That speech last night was hilarious, he said he resisted calls for military action, erm what! :D

To be fair, Obama had resisted military action for a long time. It was only after chemical weapons were used that he wanted intervention.

I also think a president who is able to adapt to public iinterests and isn't so stubburn as to stay on a particular course when it isn't right at this time is much more valuable than one who is so full of his own self pride, he refuses to back down, which is what an actual warmonger would do.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Military action was to try and make sure it doesn't happen again. Now it seems diplomacy could do the same without bombings and more deaths. Surely most people with a 'moral compass' would want that?
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why not? The US did nothing when Israel used chemical weapons on Palestinians.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member

Do you think that without Obama threatening to bomb syria they would be handing over their chemical weapons?

and do you think no longer being able to deploy chemical weapons against civilians is a good thing?
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pleased they have stepped back. That is far better than diving in to save face in a situation you were never going to do any good over.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The right thing at least has a chance of happening, so probably best to just be glad, rather than take the tone of the OP. Obama's 'Let's just bomb something' approach was never really going to be a winner.

Given that we probably wouldn't be here if the UK parliament had voted to back military action, our MPs may just have averted World War 3....
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obama is not a warmonger though, isn't that the point.

He's never been a confrontational president.

Every bit of the US take on this simply parallels the British take - two countries that largely police the world (because it can't chuffing well behave itself) whose people have turned round and said 'ENOUGH', we don't want involving THIS time'.

And it was a fair, democratic call. Both leaders have listened.

Obama's hands are tied by whatever he does but if you, brave keyboard warrior, OP, would like to see a World War Three then by all means go sign up for conscription. It's never humiliating or wrong to walk away from something that may have far, far worse repercussions for a lot more people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else marvelling at the irony of the US government giving anti surveillence technology to the Syrian rebels? :D

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130909/06525624451/despite-growing-evidence-nsas-omnipresence-state-dept-hands-off-anti-surveillance-tech-to-syrian-rebels.shtml
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The anti US brigade are out in force once again :rolleyes:

The same people will be the first crying for help if things were not so comfy behind the keyboards .
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obama puts his troops on hold no surprise there then all talk no action
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else marvelling at the irony of the US government giving anti surveillence technology to the Syrian rebels? :D

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130909/06525624451/despite-growing-evidence-nsas-omnipresence-state-dept-hands-off-anti-surveillance-tech-to-syrian-rebels.shtml

You mean those cuddly, morally upstanding rebels,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24039309

An Italian war correspondent held captive by multiple armed groups in Syria has spoken of how he was treated "like an animal".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Obama has a grand masterplan...Just wait.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever was in the 'right', this in unquestionably an embarrassment for Obama. He was rash to be so gung-ho in the first place though, he totally mis-read the west's desire for another war.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught some of Obama's speech yesterday where he talked about how the US should not be the world police. This confused me, how can he say this when the US being the world police is what he is advocating? It is an argument full of inconsistencies.