[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone received theirs from GAME today?
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see myself ever using GAME again after this shambles! Total lack of communication and cancelling my order the day before release.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Short of withholding further copies I guess

but ultimately all comes down to $$$$$$$$$ which means theyll do shit

Exactly, Rockstar would never stop Amazon selling their games. They are in it for the money and even if people play the game 2 days before they should, Rockstar still get the £££.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Can't see myself ever using GAME again after this shambles! Total lack of communication and cancelling my order the day before release.

I was going to go with GAME for my pre order, I'm so glad I didn't now.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Exactly, Rockstar would never stop Amazon selling their games. They are in it for the money and even if people play the game 2 days before they should, Rockstar still get the £££.

They have to make the noise, though. Indie shops, who get far worse deals on selling new games than the big guns, can have titles withheld if they pi55 off certain publishers/marketing bods.

So, yeah, the consumer might have a better chance of getting a game early from an indie but there's more chance of one of these publisher 'investigations' slapping title embargoes on indie shops than on any of the big guns.
  • Options
    Graeme_WoodGraeme_Wood Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Be thankful some of you have copies coming.

I ordered digitally through PSN - on my 3rd download now, the other two installations were corrupt :-(

That'll be 54gb in less than 24hrs. My ISP will love me.
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I was going to go with GAME for my pre order, I'm so glad I didn't now.

It wasn't the best e-mail to wake up to at 5:15am :( I don't even have an answer to it. My payment details and address were fine.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Got my email from Amazon this morning - It's on it way.

Fingers crossed it will be on the mat when I get home tomorrow evening.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo - mine just arrived. Counting down the hours till I can get out of work now. Wonder if they'd mind if I come down with a mysterious illness and have to go home early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Woo hoo - mine just arrived. Counting down the hours till I can get out of work now. Wonder if they'd mind if I come down with a mysterious illness and have to go home early.

Amazon, Shopto ?

We need to know !!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member

Lucky! Who did you order from?
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i suspect every boss in the world has got a medical dictionary nearby especially for days like tomorrow:D
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    someone would have been a voice of sanity eventually,your lucky it was me,lol

:D

I will just say, my argument is that you cannot rely on Royal Mail, posting one day before release (that is if no-one has received the game from ShopTo today) is not good enough to guarantee a delivery by release day as they claim. So Saturday should of been the very latest. There's no guarantee it will come tomorrow for anyone so if it winds up being Wednesday they will undoubtedly end up with a few pissed off customers.

Hope I'm not one of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had my SE sent from game on Friday, not saw postman yet today so still hoping
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Just think... gamers in Australia will be going to the midnight launch in around two hours. :D

They're lucky it hasn't been censored (to my knowledge).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I will just say, my argument is that you cannot rely on Royal Mail, posting one day before release (that is if no-one has received the game from ShopTo today) is not good enough to guarantee a delivery by release day as they claim. So Saturday should of been the very latest. There's no guarantee it will come tomorrow for anyone so if it winds up being Wednesday they will undoubtedly end up with a few pissed off customers.

Hope I'm not one of them.

They sent them on Saturday. In all likelihood everyone's GTA copies will just have been sat in a Royal Mail sorting office over the weekend since RM don't work on a Sunday, so they'll only just be sorting them today for delivery tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i suspect every boss in the world has got a medical dictionary nearby especially for days like tomorrow:D

In a bizarre twist of fate I've landed the one job tomorrow that I wouldn't want to be off sick from... Annoying that it clashes with GTA day, though, lol :D
  • Options
    BlackSkyukBlackSkyuk Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    And on here, too! Just take a look at BlackSkyuk... :D

Yeah. Instead of playing GTA V, I'm watching day time TV. I can fill my IQ dropping!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlackSkyuk wrote: »
    I'm watching day time TV. I can fill my IQ dropping!

That's your excuse, huh? lol :D
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlackSkyuk wrote: »
    Yeah. Instead of playing GTA V, I'm watching day time TV. I can fill my IQ dropping!

you will feel at one with Trevor when you go batshit crazy then tomorrow:D
  • Options
    YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so mine just came in! *screams*

So far so good, but not as good as I hoped for

Feel free to ask questions about it, more than happy to :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    William65 wrote: »

Where did you order from?
  • Options
    YellowFishYellowFish Posts: 4,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iHelix wrote: »
    Where did you order from?

Amazon :)
  • Options
    ian-dian-d Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William65 wrote: »

Was there a download required too, or just install from the disc only (no broadband at the moment).
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do we know if anybody has received there copy from ShopTo today?

Ive ordered from them but wont know until about 6pm this evening if it has turned up.

Not geting my hopes up though. As long as it turns up tomorrow i will be happy.