Options

why do i hate cats?

Comments

• Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my cats, Archie, brings back sticks that you throw for him.
    I used to play tennis with my cat :D

It would sit at the top of the stairs, while I was lobbing wine bottle corks and ping pong balls. It got so good at it that I could nearly always catch them. Then I would have to run up the stairs and pretend to chase it. I had to look for it and pretend I couldn't see it, but when I was half way down the stairs it would come scurrying out onto the landing, peering over the top stair, inviting me to chase it again. It found it a novel way of keeping fit.

If a cat craps randomly over your garden, I think it's best to take a pragmatic approach: dig a hole in an out-of-the-way part of the garden and fill it with sand. They'll soon see it as their preferred crapateria, so at least you'll know where it is.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    My cat was an indoors cat (apart from the large terrace we had) and never crapped anywhere but her litterbox. Cats self clean more than any other animal out there, so it's a myth that they are dirty animals. If a person's house stinks because of their animals, it's hardly the animals fault, it's the owners! The same goes for people who let their cat out to crap in other people's garden's. They are the ones at fault, not the animal. How is a cat supposed to know humans get precious over their tiny little patch of insignificant grass?

Actually nature is at 'fault' here and even then, cats are no more dirty than humans were before the invention of the modern tiolet. If humans were kept indoors perminantly, it would be known as abuse and as far as nature is concerned, keeping cats perminantly indoors is debateably the same thing, unless you live on a busy main road.
  • Options
    grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    They'll soon see it as their preferred crapateria, so at least you'll know where it is.

"Crapateria" is now my official word of the day :D
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »
    Actually nature is at 'fault' here and even then, cats are no more dirty than humans were before the invention of the modern tiolet. If humans were kept indoors perminantly, it would be known as abuse and as far as nature is concerned, keeping cats perminantly indoors is debateably the same thing, unless you live on a busy main road.

Of course it isn't abuse. :D
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    My cat was an indoors cat (apart from the large terrace we had) and never crapped anywhere but her litterbox.
    Lucky you. I don't think that's the norm though. Earlier this year I went out into my garden to pick some lettuce leaves for my sandwiches and found that something had flattened three plants and taken a dump in the middle. 99% certain it was a cat. I often see them in my garden (at least four visit it) and have had to clean up cat shit more times than I care to remember.
    barbeler wrote: »
    If a cat craps randomly over your garden, I think it's best to take a pragmatic approach: dig a hole in an out-of-the-way part of the garden and fill it with sand.
    Only a cat lover could think that even remotely appropriate. Why should I have to waste part of my garden (which like all modern gardens is already a bit too small) on a toilet for someone else' pet?

:mad:
  • Options
    Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats are stupid...and kill so many birds, hey should all have to have bells on by law.
  • Options
    MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My two boy cats captured a frog and were playing with it in the bathroom, the little girl cat was supervising as she doesn't like getting her dainty paws dirty.

Guess who had to rescue kermit and put him back in the pond?.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they really are dumbing down!

We have two and if we get the laser measurer out one of them goes mental chasing it around the house, the other one just sits there and swipes at him as he runs past. He's too occupied chasing the red dot to realise he's being battered!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Only a cat lover could think that even remotely appropriate. Why should I have to waste part of my garden (which like all modern gardens is already a bit too small) on a toilet for someone else' pet?

:mad:

It may not be an 'appropriate' action to have to take, but I agree that it's probably the most pragmatic one if you want to solve the problem.

That's unless you're planning to leave out bowls of cat food laced with strychnine or sit up half the night with an air rifle and night vision goggles.

:cool:
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    I think they really are dumbing down!

We have two and if we get the laser measurer out one of them goes mental chasing it around the house, the other one just sits there and swipes at him as he runs past. He's too occupied chasing the red dot to realise he's being battered!

<DVD TRAY OUT> Cat jumps, stares and raises paw
    <DVD TRAY IN> Cat lies down in annoyance
    <PAUSE>
    <DVD TRAY OUT> Cat jumps, stares and raises paw
    <DVD TRAY IN> Cat lies down in annoyance
    <PAUSE>

repeat ad infinitum for fun with cat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    towers wrote: »

I'd implore you to read some texts on cats and come back again and tell me that keeping a cat indoors is wrong. It's a complete myth that they have to be let outside.
  • Options
    candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please people. this is a cat loving thread. I'm so ON to u cat haters. I'm simply saying that my cats drinking water from the toilet as opposed to their bowl confuses me.. Can we stop the cat hate please! they are beautiful creatures who actually keep rats and mice (who carry diseases) away from you. Don't ever disparage the cat. They are majestic animals that were brought to this island for a purpose. They never CHOSE to come here. So let's treat them with respect, please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please people. this is a cat loving thread. I'm so ON to u cat haters. I'm simply saying that my cats drinking water from the toilet as opposed to their bowl confuses me.. Can we stop the cat hate please! they are beautiful creatures who actually keep rats and mice (who carry diseases) away from you. Don't ever disparage the cat. They are majestic animals that were brought to this island for a purpose. They never CHOSE to come here. So let's treat them with respect, please.

I hate cat poop in my garden as opposed to cats themselves. Sort that issue out and there'll be so many cat lovers you won't know where to look... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

You have to accept that some people don't like them.
  • Options
    candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cats bury their poo. I'm sorry, but get over it! Domesticated cats as opposed to feral cats, are harmless. They keep people company, they are super precious to their owners. Some people don't have human companions for whatever reason, but they have their cats, cats they probably adopted from a CAGE in a shelter. These cats aren't just poopers in your garden, they mean a hell of a lot to their owners.....can we please show some compassion and less selfishness. No one will ever remember what your garden looked like when you die.....but they will remember that you looked after that cat that meant a heck of a lot to a person when they were alive....cats are living things, who love affection and companionship and are a huge, pure vehicle of love....i honestly couldn't give a damn about some poos and holes in your lawn. Lawns don't give you love. Cats do. Peace out.

Has anyone bequeathed anything to their lawn? No. But to living, breathing, sentient things? Yes. Your garden is a symbol of your vanity. Most likely tiny as hell for you to even notice that a cat has pooped in it. Grow up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cats bury their poo. I'm sorry, but get over it! Domesticated cats as opposed to feral cats, are harmless. They keep people company, they are super precious to their owners. Some people don't have human companions for whatever reason, but they have their cats, cats they probably adopted from a CAGE in a shelter. These cats aren't just poopers in your garden, they mean a hell of a lot to their owners.....can we please show some compassion and less selfishness. No one will ever remember what your garden looked like when you die.....but they will remember that you looked after that cat that meant a heck of a lot to a person when they were alive....cats are living things, who love affection and companionship and are a huge, pure vehicle of love....i honestly couldn't give a damn about some poos and holes in your lawn. Lawns don't give you love. Cats do. Peace out.

Has anyone bequeathed anything to their lawn? No. But to living, breathing, sentient things? Yes. Your garden is a symbol of your vanity. Most likely tiny as hell for you to even notice that a cat has pooped in it. Grow up.

Wow. So much anger and resentment. And people wonder why some cat owners have a bad name?

Lol, just lol.
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they insist on sitting exactly where i don't want them to!!!! Omg. And why do they drink from my cups, from the toilet!!!!! From everywhere but the bowl marked 'cat, this water bowl is just for you and i refresh it everygoddamn day for you'.

I want to know if it is a black cat , nasty things :mad:
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind cat haters. Whilst they may occasionally do a tiny crap in your garden, at least they don't go bananas and kill children, like some dogs do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I recently adopted a 3 legged male. My heart broke when I found out that he had been at the sanctuary for a year.

Have quickly found that he doesn't like his water bowl near his food dish after he dragged it to the middle of the room.

Cats dislike our tap water due to what we add to the supply. Try collecting rainwater and in the mean-time don't refresh the water but just add to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Never mind cat haters. Whilst they may occasionally do a tiny crap in your garden, at least they don't go bananas and kill children, like some dogs do.

True. Could be worse though. At least dogs and cats don't abuse you, shoot you, run you over, destroy your habitat, kill you for fun ...
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs_Brb wrote: »
    I recently adopted a 3 legged male. My heart broke when I found out that he had been at the sanctuary for a year.

Have quickly found that he doesn't like his water bowl near his food dish after he dragged it to the middle of the room.

Cats dislike our tap water due to what we add to the supply. Try collecting rainwater and in the mean-time don't refresh the water but just add to it.

Good idea.

Raining now, so will try it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Good idea.

Raining now, so will try it.
    That definitely works. I do it regularly for my two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cats bury their poo. I'm sorry, but get over it!

I have three fresh turds that would beg to differ with you :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have three fresh turds that would beg to differ with you :mad:

Yes, I am told on every cat thread that cats bury it. One of these days I'm going to take photos of the damned stuff on the lawn.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    The sooner people come to the rather obvious conclusion that the entire planet is one big toilet, filled with turds from all species known to man (and some that aren't yet known), the sooner we can get on with the important things. Tennis anyone? Oh no wait, a bird just shit on the immaculately manicured lawn.
This discussion has been closed.