Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the Alex I want in terms of huskiness this voice could work so so well on American sultry R&B obviously not the accent but I'm so impressed with the deep husky tone. It sounded slightly brandyish. Love it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth is that man saying?
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afrobeats Alex is actually quite hot....just proves she shouldn't abandon uptempos...
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Wait it's a bit of a BOP.

I pray she looks like FIRE performing in Nigeria. She would literally look like fire. And her bit was sick. I liked it! Very sultry.
    And it was produced by Don Jazzy. :D:D:D
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I love the song you know haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    I love the song you know haha

Same actually. I didn't like it on first listen, but it's a jam now tbh. I looked on Twitter and apparently loads of people thought she was some Nigerian babe because she sounded so good....loads were shocked. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Same actually. I didn't like it on first listen, but it's a jam now tbh. I looked on Twitter and apparently loads of people thought she was some Nigerian babe because she sounded so good....loads were shocked. :p

It had be bopping, like 7 times in a row repeat bopping! :D

Loved it. I want her to do more Afrobeats features, it'll help with gaining a black fanbase.
  • Options
    Forum Member

lmao i see loads people loving her from africa
    it's a tune

i'm just sat here in my room raving up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    It had be bopping, like 7 times in a row repeat bopping! :D

Loved it. I want her to do more Afrobeats features, it'll help with gaining a black fanbase.

I want her to do more features period. Her vocals just suit a hook, she has a distinctive tone so she would be perfect. I really think KWL should try and get some hooks for her to sing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I want her to do more features period. Her vocals just suit a hook, she has a distinctive tone so she would be perfect. I really think KWL should try and get some hooks for her to sing.

I agree. She works perfectly for them. Feature with every and any black artist she can, and she'll quickly build up a hype following. Nicki did that. That was actually how I heard of her before Your Love dropped. She was everywhere.
  • Options
    perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Found it...Dr. SID ft. Alexandra Burke - Baby Tornado: https://soundcloud.com/dr_sid/baby-tornado-remix

I'm not too keen on the song, but the production is ok, it sounds nothing like her though but it's some nice promo in African markets I guess.
    Girl we said no more autotune :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perobt93 wrote: »
    Girl we said no more autotune :confused:

Did we? I don't mind it if it fits the song. We all know she can sing it live.
  • Options
    perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Did we? I don't mind it if it fits the song. We all know she can sing it live.

But that's not what people said when Elephant came out.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The difference is it's very common in Afrobeats. And it works for the song. It was not common for her as a solo artist with a comeback single for her 2nd album being a vocal powerhouse.

I don't mind it in this as nearly all afrobeats songs use autotune. But it's done in this song to create an effect. We'll see what she sounds like if she sings this live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never said that. I always preferred Elephant with the auto-tune...on certain tracks, it just works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and it's Nigeria's first X Factor too! Happy she's performing at the Grand Finale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I don't understand 90% of what they are singing....lmfao.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't understand 90% of what they are singing....lmfao.

Because it's Yoruba lmao :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qyD6S2JZRl4/T7O3KXn5RtI/AAAAAAAAddo/Ea5XvnbFluY/s1600/la-modella-mafia-Rihanna-n-leather-shorts-and-a-gold-chain.jpeg

http://instagram.com/p/eVa1xKP_S7/

Alex needs to be original. Copy cat criticisms are not what she needs right now, but I'm very much looking forward to her very first nigerian x factor performance. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Because it's Yoruba lmao :D:p

Her verse sounds good though. :) But the song is crap ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qyD6S2JZRl4/T7O3KXn5RtI/AAAAAAAAddo/Ea5XvnbFluY/s1600/la-modella-mafia-Rihanna-n-leather-shorts-and-a-gold-chain.jpeg

http://instagram.com/p/eVa1xKP_S7/

Alex needs to be original. Copy cat criticisms are not what she needs right now, but I'm very much looking forward to her very first nigerian x factor performance. :)

True. But anyone could wear that tbh. Literally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Her verse sounds good though. :) But the song is crap ....

It isn't at all! I like it a lot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex said album is next year... so 2014 definitely which we expected.

That may7ven remix was unofficial, Alex knew nothing about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz1Ycow8X20

the vocals in this are just outstanding, literally... girl can sing for her life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    Alex said album is next year... so 2014 definitely which we expected.

That may7ven remix was unofficial, Alex knew nothing about it.

Really?
This discussion has been closed.