Options

Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I know! I can put up with Ruby, probably grow to really like her but I just can't warm to Ali even though she's been toned down under the new EP. Even Sean has grown on me more than Ali as I don't actually think he's too bad now. But Ali and Amelia are still on my hate list (I know, a kid on my hate list, my bad :o:D)

Let us hope that this weeks episodes keep up the high standard of last week :) Really looking forward to ED tonight and seeing how Debbie copes trying to act normal around Cameron!

It's no shame to hate Ali or Amelia! :D Personally every time I see the little urchin pop up, I have an urge to scream "GIVE THAT GIRL'S HAIR A BRUSH FGS!!" :mad:

I thought the bit this evening when Debbie was sobbing on the stairs after having to sleep with Cameron was quite sad really. I don't often have much sympathy for Debbie, but I thought her disgust at what she had to do was obvious. :(

Someone I don't have sympathy for though is Amy. Sneaky, deceitful and a bit creepy, she has well and truly inveigled her way into the bereaved Joanie's life. I don't know why she has to sneak about- surely it would have been better to approach Joanie via the proper channels? :mad:

Kerry gets a big eyeroll from me today :rolleyes:: her rank Derek Acorah act towards the guillable Brenda was cringeworthy.

On the subject of cringeworthy: anyone else loving the lack of Maurel lately? I find the pair of them almost physically painful to watch and I'm dreading their return. ED has definately been better without them or the Rhona/Paddy/Vanessa storyline!
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Yes I thought Emmerdale was good tonight, especially seeing Amy with Kyle.

Yes but there was lots of Kerry which always drags an ep down.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And here it is my 11001st post.

Special edition of analysis Centrals Analysis of Emmerdale Characters.

1) Debbie, under pressure from the impatient DS Bossy Boots and the even more impatientely cross and unsympathetic Chas, Debbie is hating ever second of being near Cameron who is showing absolutely no sign of admitting the truth again, to cover up a suspicious Cam she had to have sex sorry Sleep with him which must have made a copper or two very happy.

2) Chas not being in anyway sympathetic towards Debbie and getting all aggressive to her and even told Diane to mind her own Business.

3) Cameron - Showing no sign of wanting to talk about his murders.

4) DS Bossy Boots not showing much sympathy towards Debbie either.

5) David desperately want Alicia even though he has just got divorced from her instead he is stuck with Airhead Priya.

6) Alicia desperately wants David even though she has just got divorced from him, instead she is stuck with Don't Don.

7) Dons hair get worse call the fashion police.

8) Priya is back from bridal boot camp and just as much as an airhead as she left.

9) Amy had Kyle for the afternoon and showed him off to all her family and friends, she then had a run in with Kerry but I have no idea what was said because I FF them because I don't really like either of them

10) Val was delighted to see Kyle is is already plotting to keep him forever.

11) Eric will no doubt try to rein in Val.

12) Victoria the lovely Vic was wasted as usual.

13) Zak was pleased to see Kyle as was Lisa but where was Belle who only a couple of weeks ago was pressurising Amy into seeing Kyle.

14) Kyle's Gran whatever her name is, must be a dumb as a brick not to see what is really going on.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Yes but there was lots of Kerry which always drags an ep down.

On the contrary imo - Kerreh always makes me smile normally, even right in the middle of the serious drama bit, and I think they are wise to copy Corrie in that respect, which has always been one of Corrie's strong points.

But even I have to admit that Kerreh and her 'dream' seemed totally random and a bit creepy. Don't be silly ED writers - Kerreh is a funny characters. As Duchess Kitty says, don't ruin her with some silly Derek Acorah-type rubbish. :mad:
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    On the contrary imo - Kerreh always makes me smile normally, even right in the middle of the serious drama bit, and I think they are wise to copy Corrie in that respect, which has always been one of Corrie's strong points.

But even I have to admit that Kerreh and her 'dream' seemed totally random and a bit creepy. Don't be silly ED writers - Kerreh is a funny characters. As Duchess Kitty says, don't ruin her with some silly Derek Acorah-type rubbish. :mad:

I think Kerry is an idiot who just says the first thing that comes into her head. She probably thought Brenda would like to hear that. I think anyone who genuinely has these kinds of experiences (and I have met some who I thought seemed genuine) usually has a bit more tact and responsibility than to blurt it out like that.
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale Spoilers W/C 30th September

6671 Monday 30 September 7.00pm - 7.30pm

Nicola’s devastated to learn of Jimmy’s accident
    Val and Victoria’s attempts to distract Amy fall flat
    Laurel makes a strange proposition to Marlon

6672 Tuesday 1 October 7.00pm – 7.30pm

The police aim to discover the truth behind Jimmy’s accident
    Amy receives surprising news from Joanie
    Old feelings bubble to the surface for Ashley

6673 Wednesday 2 October 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Marlon plans a huge surprise for Laurel
    Kerry’s worried to learn of Andy and Amy’s relationship
    Nicola determines to save her marriage

6674 Thursday 3 October 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Laurel uncovers Marlon’s secret plan
    Rodney makes an unusual career choice
    Amy’s in over her head as she prepares a meal for Joanie

6675 Thursday 4 October 8.00pm – 8.30pm

Ashley prepares to tell Laurel how he feels
    Rodney takes on his first client, but how far will he go?
    Amy’s family dinner proves an overwhelming experience for Joanie

6676 Friday 5 October 7.00pm – 7.30pm

Eric fears that his relationship with Amy has been ruined
    Not everyone is happy to hear of Laurel and Marlon’s news
    Georgia unwittingly enjoys the fruits of Rodney’s labour

• Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »

NOOOOOO.

I can only hope that Laurel comes to her senses sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for these. Just wondering of anyone knows...
    does Cameron get bail, or does he escape custody somehow after his arrest later this week?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a brilliant spoiler as it could literally mean anything! :D
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    It occurred to me tonight that one thing the new person,Katie has done, is miraculously get the cast to tone down the shouting and screaming of lines. The difference in Dom tonight - he was really mellow .Debbie seemed human for once- with fears and tears ,Amy seemed really caring toward Kyle .There's less histrionics and more thoughtful performances ,I think anyway.

I hope to God though , that Kerry isn't going to try and make poor Brenda believe she is in "touch " with Gennie , but I wouldn't put it past her .;)

I so agree. The programme has improved no end since Katie has taken over. Stuart's biggest problem (IMO) is that the man just doesn't know the meaning of subtlety and thinks we have to be whacked over the head to messages across. Thankfully Katie has a much lighter, but more more effective, touch.
    It's no shame to hate Ali or Amelia! Personally every time I see the little urchin pop up, I have an urge to scream "GIVE THAT GIRL'S HAIR A BRUSH FGS!!" :mad:

I thought the bit this evening when Debbie was sobbing on the stairs after having to sleep with Cameron was quite sad really. I don't often have much sympathy for Debbie, but I thought her disgust at what she had to do was obvious.

Someone I don't have sympathy for though is Amy. Sneaky, deceitful and a bit creepy, she has well and truly inveigled her way into the bereaved Joanie's life. I don't know why she has to sneak about- surely it would have been better to approach Joanie via the proper channels? :mad:

Kerry gets a big eyeroll from me today her rank Derek Acorah act towards the guillable Brenda was cringeworthy.

On the subject of cringeworthy: anyone else loving the lack of Maurel lately? I find the pair of them almost physically painful to watch and I'm dreading their return. ED has definately been better without them or the Rhona/Paddy/Vanessa storyline!

So much to comment on!

Glad I'm not the only one with Amelia. She's just an unlikeable gobby brat to me :o She also doesn't show an awful lot of Christian spirit in blackmailing people etc! Back to bible classes for her, lol! And don't even get me started on the bird's nest that is masquerading as her hair! (though TBH I've got a bit of a cheek in this matter. My mum used to spend ages when I was a kid plaiting, styling etc my long hair only for me to get out of the door, pull all the bands, clips etc out and end up looking like the wild child of Borneo :o Used to drive her mad, lol!)

I've been one of Debbie's biggest detractors (and I don't regret a single post!) but even I felt a bit of sympathy for Debbie on those stairs. Her revulsion at both him and what she had just done was palpable and I'm glad that Det Insp Knockers saw just how cut up she was as she was getting quite impatient at her from the safety of the hideout! In Debbie's position I wouldn't know where to start - how do you bring up murders but make it look natural so he wasn't coerced ?!?!?!?

Amy. I'm in two minds on this one. Under the circumstances I can understand her worrying about her child's future. I can understand her curiosity about her child. I can even understand her reluctance to be upfront and honest to the baby's grandma in case she's rejected but at the same time dislike the sneakiness and dishonestly. I was cringing yesterday when Val was having a 'gathering' to celebrate Kyle's 'return' whilst the poor Granny was oblivious as to what was happening. If I was her I'd be spitting feathers when I found out! By the way, is she the maternal or paternal grandma?

Val has been vindicated though. At the time of the adoption she forcefully and very vocally maintained that Amy was giving up too soon, that she'd regret it one day and has been proved right. This being Val I'm surprised she's not crowing about it :D

The break from Maurel, Rhona, Paddy and Vanessa has been bliss! Long may it continue - but it won't :mad:
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    And here it is my 11001st post.

Special edition of analysis Centrals Analysis of Emmerdale Characters.

1) Debbie, under pressure from the impatient DS Bossy Boots and the even more impatientely cross and unsympathetic Chas, Debbie is hating ever second of being near Cameron who is showing absolutely no sign of admitting the truth again, to cover up a suspicious Cam she had to have sex sorry Sleep with him which must have made a copper or two very happy.

2) Chas not being in anyway sympathetic towards Debbie and getting all aggressive to her and even told Diane to mind her own Business.

3) Cameron - Showing no sign of wanting to talk about his murders.

4) DS Bossy Boots not showing much sympathy towards Debbie either.

5) David desperately want Alicia even though he has just got divorced from her instead he is stuck with Airhead Priya.

6) Alicia desperately wants David even though she has just got divorced from him, instead she is stuck with Don't Don.

7) Dons hair get worse call the fashion police.

8) Priya is back from bridal boot camp and just as much as an airhead as she left.

9) Amy had Kyle for the afternoon and showed him off to all her family and friends, she then had a run in with Kerry but I have no idea what was said because I FF them because I don't really like either of them

10) Val was delighted to see Kyle is is already plotting to keep him forever.

11) Eric will no doubt try to rein in Val.

12) Victoria the lovely Vic was wasted as usual.

13) Zak was pleased to see Kyle as was Lisa but where was Belle who only a couple of weeks ago was pressurising Amy into seeing Kyle.

14) Kyle's Gran whatever her name is, must be a dumb as a brick not to see what is really going on.

BIB: I think Chas is being bloomin' marvellous :cool: As an irate viewer at Debbie's antics for a long time now she's ranting at Debbie on my behalf! :D

Good point about Belle's absence but as I can't stand her I didn't miss the little know-all's presence one iota.
    I think Kerry is an idiot who just says the first thing that comes into her head. She probably thought Brenda would like to hear that. I think anyone who genuinely has these kinds of experiences (and I have met some who I thought seemed genuine) usually has a bit more tact and responsibility than to blurt it out like that.

I agree. What Kerry did was in questionable taste but I too think she just said the first thing that came into her head. Unfortunately as Brenda was comforted by it I can see her starting to hunt Kerry down to see if she's had any more 'dreams' and really hope that Kerry doesn't exploit this or I'll go right off her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posted it twice for some reason!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    This is a brilliant spoiler as it could literally mean anything! :D

:D:D The mind boggles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    NOOOOOO.

I can only hope that Laurel comes to her senses sooner rather than later.

Sounds like its going to be a good week for all of you
    Maurel fans out there :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20Colmanct wrote: »
    Thanks for these. Just wondering of anyone knows...
    does Cameron get bail, or does he escape custody somehow after his arrest later this week?

Haven't heard anything - I thinks it's being kept quiet? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank ye kindly for these spoilers but there is far to much
    MAUREL for my liking! :mad: And unless I'm wrong (please be wrong!) an engagement sounds like it's on the cards :mad:

It also sounds as if Ashley is falling for the heartless 'I was carjacked!' Laurel again :mad: Pull yourself together man! She was a right bitch to you. And Is it REALLY realistic that two men would fall for her/be in love with her anyway? Grrrrr.

Don't like the sound of Jimmy's accident - but could Steve be behind it? Could a certain Mr Miles have been telling porky pies and he's on his way back? *fingers crossed*

And Eric is going to be in the doghouse with Amy. Joy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't heard anything - I thinks it's being kept quiet? :confused:

Yeah I thought as much as well. Just wondered if there were any spoilers I might have missed.
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Thank ye kindly for these spoilers but there is far to much
    MAUREL for my liking! :mad: And unless I'm wrong (please be wrong!) an engagement sounds like it's on the cards :mad:

It also sounds as if Ashley is falling for the heartless 'I was carjacked!' Laurel again :mad: Pull yourself together man! She was a right bitch to you. And Is it REALLY realistic that two men would fall for her/be in love with her anyway? Grrrrr.

Don't like the sound of Jimmy's accident - but could Steve be behind it? Could a certain Mr Miles have been telling porky pies and he's on his way back? *fingers crossed*

And Eric is going to be in the doghouse with Amy. Joy.

Completely agree with all of this. Building up to a
    Christmas Maurel wedding maybe? :mad::eek: Barf.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20Colmanct wrote: »

Completely agree with all of this. Building up to a
    Christmas Maurel wedding maybe? :mad::eek: Barf.

Nooooooooo :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooooo :mad::mad::mad:

I refuse to watch and will be hiding under t'table eating the Christmas pud and glugging on a bottle of brandy until I pass out. :D
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like its going to be a good week for all of you
    Maurel fans out there :o

They have fans :eek::confused::p
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else pick up a little frisson of romance between the 2 coppers tonight ? when Debs comes in suddenly the female says " I told you to text before we have a meeting " and the other copper comes downstairs .Or is just me playing Miss Marple ?
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Anyone else pick up a little frisson of romance between the 2 coppers tonight ? when Debs comes in suddenly the female says " I told you to text before we have a meeting " and the other copper comes downstairs .Or is just me playing Miss Marple ?
    Thank god, I thought it was just me thinking that! :eek: I think there's been an awful lot of focus on the two officers for there to not be any more to it.

If there were in a relationship, would that tarnish the investigation in any way? I'm jut wondering if
    Cameron could get free on a technicality like that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting a bit bored of the Cameron story now. It's just rumbling on without much progress and tonight in particular was just padding and nothing more. If they're stalling the reveal until the anniversary then they should have waited a bit longer before it kicked off, shouldn't they! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read the spoilers. Its seems that all my pet "hates" are in it next week.:mad::mad::mad:
    Far far too much Maurel the smug self satisfied pair of lumps. I do so hope that Ashley doesn't go there again EVER.

Bored rigid with the ridiculous Amy/Kyle/Joanie s/l. I bet Joanie and Kyle move into the village sometime soon.

Missed all last weeks eps as I was on holiday. So this weeks s/l on the Cameron reveal is getting bl**dy good.
  • Options
    evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read the spoilers. Its seems that all my pet "hates" are in it next week.:mad::mad::mad:
    Far far too much Maurel the smug self satisfied pair of lumps. I do so hope that Ashley doesn't go there again EVER.

Bored rigid with the ridiculous Amy/Kyle/Joanie s/l. I bet Joanie and Kyle move into the village sometime soon.

Missed all last weeks eps as I was on holiday. So this weeks s/l on the Cameron reveal is getting bl**dy good.

BIB: I'm going to borrow that, OK?:D

Why do they have to drag poor Ashley back into it?!:eek: Maybe he can have a one off with Bernice or something...anything but prostrating himself in front of Laurel, yuk!:eek::rolleyes:
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    BIB: I'm going to borrow that, OK?:D

Why do they have to drag poor Ashley back into it?!:eek: Maybe he can have a one off with Bernice or something...anything but prostrating himself in front of Laurel, yuk!:eek::rolleyes:

I wonder if him and Bernice would make a good couple (for the second time?). God, I really hope we're not going to have to endure Maurel christmas nuptials - unless of course the chimney falls of the Woolpack again, just as they're leaving the reception. Oh, the bitter irony of Maurel getting married in what used to be Ashley's church:mad:
This discussion has been closed.