Options

iOS 7 Today! {CHAT THREAD}

Comments

• Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Yeah Siri on mine started sounding better today too. What's that all about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, you're right. "The moon is full".
    Can't think of a use for that at the moment though :)
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »

Must be the drop in temperature :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My iPhone 5s sound seems much louder.
    Possibly because the sounds are higher definition?
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keyboard is slow and laggy, graphics are dull and if Fisher Price made software then ios7 would be perfect for their speak and spell.
  • Options
    tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I haven't found iTunes radio either. Even tried to find it with Siri but he just took me to the iTunes store.

iTunes radio is only available in the USA at the moment. Don't know when it'll come to the UK.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tellytart1 wrote: »
    iTunes radio is only available in the USA at the moment. Don't know when it'll come to the UK.

That'll be why I can't find it either!
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Siri can now tell you the moon phases, something he always told me he couldn't do with iOS6. After turning my phone off and back on again, his voice now sounds normal and not stuffy.

Siri sounds like he has a cold on mine... even after turning the phone off and on.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tellytart1 wrote: »

Boooooooo to it :D
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi. I can't seem to change this either. My number is greyed out in the message settings and I can't select it.

Is resetting network settings the only way to fix this (and if so how do I do that?)

Thanks
    Hi BeccyJane,
    Yes I tried everything and nothing worked except when I reset the network settings. To do this, go to:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

My phone then restarted and I was able to send iMessages properly again. If it still doesn't appear to work after that, then go to:

Settings > Messages > Send&Receive

...and you should now be able to highlight your mobile number.

As I said earlier, I'll need to enter all my wifi passwords etc again but I can live with that.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Isn't Siri supposed to be available in male and female voices now, cos i still only have the male voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keyboard is slow and laggy, graphics are dull and if Fisher Price made software then ios7 would be perfect for their speak and spell.
    This is what gets me about it - it just looks...babyish.

Eg. The red notification circle in the corner of the apps - it's just a plain red circle now whereas before it had a bit of lustre to it. I know it's a very minor fault but still. You'd expect an update to be going in the other direction, not backwards.
  • Options
    BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Hi BeccyJane,
    Yes I tried everything and nothing worked except when I reset the network settings. To do this, go to:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

My phone then restarted and I was able to send iMessages properly again. If it still doesn't appear to work after that, then go to:

Settings > Messages > Send&Receive

...and you should now be able to highlight your mobile number.

As I said earlier, I'll need to enter all my wifi passwords etc again but I can live with that.

It seems to have righted itself somehow! Not sure how but at least it's working!!!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    Isn't Siri supposed to be available in male and female voices now, cos i still only have the male voice.

The UK voice is male only so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to have righted itself somehow! Not sure how but at least it's working!!!
    Good stuff :)
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    I
    Thank god i was able to downgrade back to ios 6.1.3, imessage and facetime working a treat again.

I've ben debating whether to upgrade or not. Like the new features, not so sure about the colour scheme - though have seen it briefly on another phone and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

If I decide to go ahead, i'd feel easer with a safety blanket. II'd heard it was difficult to revert to a previous IOS - how did you manage it, please?
  • Options
    simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know where the icloud symbol is on the iphone safari browser now? It's still there on my ipad 2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save your battery by going into Settings and you'll find the Background App Refresh pane. Turning it off will stop apps refreshing their content when you’re on Wi-Fi or a mobile network. It will also stop them using Location Services.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    What do people think of the white keyboard? I'm not a big fan, i think there should be an option for a grey one as well cos its harder to read and doesn't look as good
  • Options
    simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have answered my own question about icloud safari tabs. You have to get all your pages on the browser open by clicking on the 2 squares. You then swipe up and the icloud tab is there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    What do people think of the white keyboard? I'm not a big fan, i think there should be an option for a grey one as well cos its harder to read and doesn't look as good

A lot of people hate it. I wonder if there's an app that can change it.
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Save your battery by going into Settings and you'll find the Background App Refresh pane. Turning it off will stop apps refreshing their content when you’re on Wi-Fi or a mobile network. It will also stop them using Location Services.

So not ALL apps, just apps that happen to be open in the multi task window?

And I can't remember if I gave my 2 penny's worth but I love it, it's what Apple needed and it's what everyone was moaning about for so long, they made BIG changes because we asked for it.

I really can't believe how anyone who rather be on ios 6, if I went back to that now it would look SO boring.

Not to mention there's a whole host of new additions and tweaks.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »

That cold has gone and breathing normally:D
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Does the HDR mode in the camera mean that we can now shoot in High Definition? With it switched on my previous pictures look a lot better than they did before! I have the 4S.
    Nothing to do with High Definition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging
    Basically it takes two shots automatically at different exposures and uses the data to produce a merged photo which generally looks better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    So not ALL apps, just apps that happen to be open in the multi task window?

And I can't remember if I gave my 2 penny's worth but I love it, it's what Apple needed and it's what everyone was moaning about for so long, they made BIG changes because we asked for it.

I really can't believe how anyone who rather be on ios 6, if I went back to that now it would look SO boring.

Not to mention there's a whole host of new additions and tweaks.

All apps you have purchased or subscribed to.