Options

Talksport Chat (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd miss him from Matchday Live, which this and last season he has presented remotely from Premier League grounds, if he was to be given time off on Saturdays to watch Peterborough. Over the past few seasons, he seems to have been given international weekends off with Ian Danter covering, which allow him the chance to watch Posh on the odd Saturday this season and so seems a fair trade-off.

But I'd be in favour of having Adrian presenting his end of Drive Time from wherever Peterborough are playing on the relatively rare occasions when they are in midweek action. It would bring a different dimension to a normally predictable show and would be a fairly rare thing so wouldn't end up being boring. Plus I remember Paul Breen-Turner and Rodney Marsh's old drivetime effort from the mid-2000s being a much better show on Champions League nights when they'd do an OB from near the ground of an English club in European action than their usual studio-based fare was.

I see that, definitely for midweeks it would be better at club grounds, but he does a good job on Matchday Live.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "David Hello" says Brazil when it all went quiet during the Santos interview !

Was he nodding off, is he on a ISDN line too ?

looks like Murray anwserd that question @ 09.59 ! ;)
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    kcspurs wrote: »
    is this drivetime pre recoreded.

durham at villa park. cant see gough being there aswell

No, Gough is in the studio and Durham was at the Sunderland v Peterborough game.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    ramage wrote: »
    3 million listeners?
    Zero phone calls.
    Just Brazil & Ginola talking rubbish.
    Please do something about the breakfast show.

Brazil and Ginola are Arguably the most pointless pairing to date.
  • Options
    Mallory99Mallory99 Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you missed the last 20 minutes, of them talking to Gary Lineker " Mr MOTD " ? :confused:

you really shoud up your game Ram :p

The Lineker chat was the very high point shining above the dross. The show and it's host are tired. David Ginola was like a fish out of water and who on earth booked Aggro Santos? That was terrible!
  • Options
    clayton_stclayton_st Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After listening to the gruesome group of disfunctional part time partners for Brazil on the 6am show I wondered how Liam came to choose them.
    Were they cheap,available,and willing to suck up to Brazil on a daily basis??
    Why not revert to an old pro broadcaster who occasionally still comes on as a part time football reporter??
    Yes,it's Beeky I'm referring to, Graham Beecroft Esquire who has been teaching at Uni.
    I know he's not perfect but he so genuine and likeable and much better that Corky,Ginola,Gray and the other berks that Liam has picked.
    Come back Beeky, all is forgiven.;)
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fattmaude wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if we have any Matt fans in the house?

If like me you love his work on talkSPORT then may I point you in the direction of his brilliant podcast, 'The Political Party'?

Over 30,000 subscribers can't be wrong can they? It's cemented it's place in the iTunes comedy top 10 and has featured such esteemed guests such as Jack Straw, Lembit Opik and Nigel Farage. Frankly a must listen for fans of politics and comedy alike.

Go Fordey!

Matt for gawd's sake leave it alone will you your not popular with many on here or anywhere else so why do you bothering making up all these different usernames your not getting any more shows than your sad little Sunday night one that nobody even realises is still running. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clayton_st wrote: »
    After listening to the gruesome group of disfunctional part time partners for Brazil on the 6am show I wondered how Liam came to choose them.
    Why not revert to an old pro broadcaster who occasionally still comes on as a part time football reporter??
    Yes,it's Beeky I'm referring to, Graham Beecroft Esquire who has been teaching at Uni.
    I know he's not perfect but he so genuine and likeable and much better that Corky,Ginola,Gray and the other berks that Liam has picked.

But has Beeky forgiven them? :confused::rolleyes:

I wouldn't.

The breakfast show needs a total overhaul. They need to decide whether they want to go down the serious sports news route or the cheeky and irreverent route. But they need to do something, it's just not working.

You look at Colin Murray and see how well different presenters can work if they all are prepared to work. The breakfast show should be the jewel in their schedule, not the laughing stock.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Colin gets the breakfast gig, I suppose it depends on whether he wants it. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I really don't think it's fair to ask Brian to comment on work colleagues.

Brian is kind enough to take the time to give us his insight, please don't abuse the privilege.

Alli as soon as I saw his post I got a maximum reading on my specially installed monitoring equipment, ..... http://youtu.be/vJrxYESmlvQ : :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramage wrote: »
    3 million listeners?
    Zero phone calls.
    Just Brazil & Ginola talking rubbish.
    Please do something about the breakfast show.

Change is needed, it's been needed for the last 5 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Alli as soon as I saw his post I got a maximum reading on my specially installed monitoring equipment, ..... http://youtu.be/vJrxYESmlvQ : :D

:D:D:D

That was hilarious and thanks. I've learned. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you missed the last 20 minutes, of them talking to Gary Lineker " Mr MOTD " ? :confused:

you really shoud up your game Ram :p

Sleep in my mere view (my mere view mirror you might say) Gary Lineker (incidentally yet another BBC figure featuring on the "world's biggest and best sports radio station) on the line for a one-off 20 minuter won't save this show from the bore it has become most broadcasts, Mr Moore of course excluded.
    But your commitment and steadfast backing of a fellow Jock is to be much admired nonetheless. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clayton_st wrote: »

Beeky's very likeable I agree and he's in touch with the game because he goes to them unlike Mr Brazil who merely channel flicks between up to 4 matches at a time on the TV so he can follow all his bets but I still think Graham's best work is his commentary stuff and his football updates because when he's actually co-commenting on a show he steadfastly refuses to give any personal opinions on anything and that drove listeners almost nuts hearing him every morning talking high up from that fence he liked sitting on when he did the breakfast show.
    Wipe the slate completely clean with the breakfast show Liam, bring in new fresh quality presenters with a brand new format, accept more calls and let's make this so-called flag-ship show worth listening to once again. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fact Matt Forde's show is so insignificant these days I said it's on Sunday night when it's on Friday night. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fact Matt Forde's show is so insignificant these days I said it's on Sunday night when it's on Friday night. :o

I don't know who he is. :o
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its your Meds ..... Billy ! :p:D
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know who he is. :o

An 'Inactive Member'. ;)
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    The Sports Bar is by far the most entertaining show on the station. If Brazil goes, I reckon it will transfer to Breakfast.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sports Bar is by far the most entertaining show on the station. If Brazil goes, I reckon it will transfer to Breakfast.

As unfashionable as it is to say this on here, I've really warmed to The Sports Bar over the past six months BUT the format as it stands just wouldn't work on Breakfast.

What makes The Sports Bar worth listening is hearing reaction from callers coming back from matches or immediate discussion about the breaking back page headlines as the papers hit the press. Some of the guests and newspaper-based discussion aren't massively dissimilar to bits of the better regular items on the Sports Breakfast, but the former clearly wouldn't carry over to a morning show which isn't ever going to be devoted to calls. Plus the sillier elements on The Sports Bar (Wheel of Cundy, Dave Love etc) sit well at that time of night, but wouldn't translate well on a breakfast show IMHO.

Presenter-wise, Jason Cundy is a safe pair of hands as a cover host on Breakfast but Andy Goldstein would be too divisive for the flagship show. Sorry but I just can't see either of them getting the breakfast show permanently, as much as I have warmed to them recently. Maybe they could replace Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on Sunday's edition of The Warm Up with Dave Love though? He couldn't be any worse that the current incumbents. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not even a nice try and certainly no cigar!

Assuming you are serious, I would venture that there is no way that the format would work in the morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Mallory99 wrote: »
    Not even a nice try and certainly no cigar!

Assuming you are serious, I would venture that there is no way that the format would work in the morning.

I agree, however Colin Murray would, he can make you laugh, he is quick witted, on the ball and his voice is ok, I think DJ's who can make you smile, chris evans, johnny vaughan, chris Moyles and Steve Wright, they bring something to the morning, for me Brazil is boring, he should have the night time show to send you to sleep, but if he did that he would have to get pissed in the mornings !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    But has Beeky forgiven them? :confused::rolleyes:

I wouldn't.

The breakfast show needs a total overhaul.

The whole station needs a total overhaul.
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Twitter, Dave Love and other impressions on the Sports Bar are entertaining, especially Mike Graham's and Morgan Readman's yesterday.

Justin Moorhouse was good value on Drive earlier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I don't think it would be right for me to comment on individuals on here, though I do have my own views. I will, however, comment on what I think are unfair or unsubstantiated criticisms by way of redress. I don't think it is wrong for me to comment on segments of shows or technical aspects as they don't reflect on the presenters, at least such comment is not intended to do so.

For example, I cannot understand the reason for the Daily Arsenal - why feature on club anyway and the fact that it is daily requires something to be said when often there is nothing to say or relevance or interest.

Regarding Matt Forde I haven't heard enough to form my own view never name comment.

Re Paul Gascoigne - I have met him but not for any length of time, though I know a lot about his background troubles. I feel immensely sorry for the man because whatever has happened has not been out of any mendacity on his part and everyone I know attests to his basic good nature. I have too many of my own flaws to condemn any of his. I hope he recovers but it is a point that is vey much open at this time.

Anyhow of to bed shortly to be up for the breakfast show and I hope the proposed chat with the incomparable Sir Ben Ainslie comes off. What a man; what a race. It must surely rank with the greatest of in terms of a sporting comeback.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BCM666 wrote: »
    I don't think it would be right for me to comment on individuals on here, though I do have my own views. I will, however, comment on what I think are unfair or unsubstantiated criticisms by way of redress. I don't think it is wrong for me to comment on segments of shows or technical aspects as they don't reflect on the presenters, at least such comment is not intended to do so.

For example, I cannot understand the reason for the Daily Arsenal - why feature on club anyway and the fact that it is daily requires something to be said when often there is nothing to say or relevance or interest.

Regarding Matt Forde I haven't heard enough to form my own view never name comment.

Re Paul Gascoigne - I have met him but not for any length of time, though I know a lot about his background troubles. I feel immensely sorry for the man because whatever has happened has not been out of any mendacity on his part and everyone I know attests to his basic good nature. I have too many of my own flaws to condemn any of his. I hope he recovers but it is a point that is vey much open at this time.

Anyhow of to bed shortly to be up for the breakfast show and I hope the proposed chat with the incomparable Sir Ben Ainslie comes off. What a man; what a race. It must surely rank with the greatest of in terms of a sporting comeback.

Have to agree with you on Sir Ben. Would they have done it if he hadn't taken over as tactician? Unlikely. The man is a genius. I think a CMG might be heading his was to add to the knighthood.
This discussion has been closed.