Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    You seem to have answered my question before I posted it:)

:)

I used to be worried they'd spoil things but when almost as many people watch E4 as they do on channel 4 they'd be silly to spoil things. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're listed on Radio Times website, too. Does anybody know if there's any crossover between normal HO and later which could cause spoilers?

It has never happened in the past. It is almost like HL is held in a twilight zone and the normal HO is unaware of it until next week. Even HO first look has never been spoilt by HL.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    It has never happened in the past. It is almost like HL is held in a twilight zone and the normal HO is unaware of it until next week. Even HO first look has never been spoilt by HL.

Marquess did in 2010, Later was integrated with the main show. Wasn't it that the First Look episode was on after Later?
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're listed on Radio Times website, too. Does anybody know if there's any crossover between normal HO and later which could cause spoilers?

When they announced the suspension of the first look episodes the reason they gave was that the later episodes are integral to the regular episodes, if that is the case there could be a risk of spoilers now that the first look episodes appear not to be suspended after all.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Now that Danny been caught, he is going to have to tell Ste he is his father before things become even more to late. It seems Ste finding out Danny is his father is getting closer to happening in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can anyone help with some information please, I read on a thread tonight not sure witch one it was, they had a actress casted as Sienna then they recasted the oringinal actress with Anna Passey, is that true just curious on who was the oringinal actress for Sienna Bake.
  • Options
    flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Can anyone help with some information please, I read on a thread tonight not sure witch one it was, they had a actress casted as Sienna then they recasted the oringinal actress with Anna Passey, is that true just curious on who was the oringinal actress for Sienna Bake.

She was originally to be played by Emily Lawrence. Here's some more info and a picture. :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a410873/hollyoaks-dodger-savage-to-discover-twin-sister.html

This was the article that revealed she was being recast. It doesn't give any reasons though. http://m.digitalspy.com/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a433550/hollyoaks-cindys-daughter-holly-returning-to-soap.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flbkab wrote: »
    She was originally to be played by Emily Lawrence. Here's some more info and a picture. :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a410873/hollyoaks-dodger-savage-to-discover-twin-sister.html

This was the article that revealed she was being recast. It doesn't give any reasons though. http://m.digitalspy.com/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a433550/hollyoaks-cindys-daughter-holly-returning-to-soap.html

Thank you flbkab for the information:), it's interesting wonder how things would of been if Emily Lawrence were Sienna instead Anna Passey but like the actress we have as Sienna, Anna Passey doing a great job playing Sienna.
  • Options
    mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    I love Sienna. She plays the psycho brilliantly. I hope she can stick around after all the lies come out. I also have never liked Nancy so I don't have any loyalties to her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    mercury01 wrote: »
    I cant see Robbie being gay and even if he was it's hardly a "huge story" any more since they have so many gay characters already.

I agree with this. I am not homophobic, but does everyone in Hollyoaks really have to be gay?

I think it would have been interested if Robbie actually was sexually abused by his uncle, instead of him being a generic delinquent.
    To be fair he was clearly mentally ill when he did what he did. We can't hold him to the same level of responsibility as we could for someone of sound-mind. I felt really bad for him when he returned. I always loved Malachy for being his friend again because he understood he had been ill. Certainly wouldn't expect Nancy to see it that way though.

Yeah I understand that he was mentally ill. Speaking of Jake, does Frankie's recent hit and run remind anyone of when he hit Diane Valentine?
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Really interested in this upcoming Finn/Robbie story as the way it's been described makes it sound like it will be huge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randomly browsing youtube after weeks and turns out Doug's back! Totally thought he was gone for good in August so I quit.
    Specially cuz I couldn't stomach the Ste dealing storyline. It's making me so happy Doug ain't dead or something.

Obviously I haven't a clue about how Ste slayed his mom and I probably should care but my e.q.'s busted.

This is all kindsa crazy beautiful that the guys are back and also the kids etc.

But wtf Myra's dead now? Thats messed up. They keep writing out the wrong people.
    Future's not looking too sexy for Tony either.. Delete button hovering above him.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,183
    Forum Member

Wow I never knew that the role was originally set to be someone else. Anna Passey is really good though, wonder why they had to recast.
    Anyone else remember the original Clare Devine actress? Think she was called Samantha something.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Bryan likes a re-cast. You don't generally find it with other soap bosses but Bryan seems to do it often. First Clare, then Sienna, now Holly....he did it several times in Eastenders as well.
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all, I don't know if you remember me, I flounced out of this thread good style just before Brendan went to prison.

It's time for Later again and I probably will be watching, the first episode anyway.

Haven't seen HOs since I flounced, I've been watching Emmerdale which is brilliant but I'm wondering if I've missed owt on HOs?

I've seen all the spoilers and it doesn't make me want to watch at all.

No real reason for this post apart from to ask if there is anything I should be watching HOs for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    mercury01 wrote: »
    I love Sienna. She plays the psycho brilliantly. I hope she can stick around after all the lies come out. I also have never liked Nancy so I don't have any loyalties to her

I agree, I would like to see Sienna's history with Patrick explored. Never really cared for Nancy either actually, only real time I liked her was when she was with Foz.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,369
    Forum Member
    I agree with this. I am not homophobic, but does everyone in Hollyoaks really have to be gay?

I think it would have been interested if Robbie actually was sexually abused by his uncle, instead of him being a generic delinquent.

Yeah I understand that he was mentally ill. Speaking of Jake, does Frankie's recent hit and run remind anyone of when he hit Diane Valentine?

Everyone in Hollyoaks ISN'T gay and no offense but around here on DS anyone who says "I am not homophobic" usually is.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,695
    Forum Member
    So Callum is still around, I thought he went off to study somewhere else.
    I will be very surprised if Callum made it through Later alive.

So Martha finds out! But will anyone believe her or blame it on her being drunk all the time?

I would have thought after Myra's 'death' that they would have held back Mercedes, not have her sulk for a week or two and then have her go back to the way she was before. It seems that nothing will ever change her, not her kidnap and near death and not her own mothers 'death' either. Once again she has forgotten that she plotted her own kidnap.

Considering there was a fire (or should I say, a smoke? Did we see fire?) in the loft, I would have thought they would have changed it a bit, it does need a change.

So Will is planning on moving from a flat with stairs to another flat with stairs, which wouldn't even have room to get a wheelchair up and down and no-one is going to question this?

Not sure how I feel about Sam, although nothing has made me like her so far, I don't care for Danny, but the daughter isn't annoying so that's good.
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping
    Doug would die but he seems to be still filming :mad:
  • Options
    flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    avaconrad wrote: »
    I was really hoping
    Doug would die but he seems to be still filming :mad:
    I'm hoping he's doing an Alice Barlow and pretending to still be filming!

It could all be complete rubbish of course but a girl has just tweeted that she knows someone who works as an extra on the show and has told her who dies in the upcoming explosion. https://twitter.com/BreeceStewart/status/386193515627032576
  • Options
    mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Everyone in Hollyoaks ISN'T gay and no offense but around here on DS anyone who says "I am not homophobic" usually is.

Well I'm gay and I agree with them! 8 gay characters is more than enough for a small village
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    Hello all, I don't know if you remember me, I flounced out of this thread good style just before Brendan went to prison.

It's time for Later again and I probably will be watching, the first episode anyway.

Haven't seen HOs since I flounced, I've been watching Emmerdale which is brilliant but I'm wondering if I've missed owt on HOs?

I've seen all the spoilers and it doesn't make me want to watch at all.

No real reason for this post apart from to ask if there is anything I should be watching HOs for.

I pretty much stopped posting about the same time. Not just because of Brendan, but Mitzeee and Jacqui too. But I stayed tuned to the programme if only to see a) Will getting his comeuppance. b) The Nancy Darren/Sienna triangle. Neither of which have yet been resolved as yet. (well except that Sienna managed to poison all the Osbournes except Tom. Now though, Tom has Frankie on his side (It's a long story) and that may come to an end soon if they join forces.

Will is still managing to fool everyone regarding him killing Texas and his mother (because she knew about Texas) Even though Patrick knows it was him who killed Anna, it is unclear why he is keeping it to himself. Though tonight saw the first glimmer of hope in Martha suspecting Will of being able to walk. But as she is a raving alcoholic, I expect it will be taken with a pinch of salt.

Apart from Tonys cancer story, I don't find any of the other SLs or any of the new characters even remotely interesting tbh. Once Will is gone (hurrah) and Nancy and Darren are reconciled and Sienna exposed, I doubt I will carry on watching.
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping he's doing an Alice Barlow and pretending to still be filming!

It could all be complete rubbish of course but a girl has just tweeted that she knows someone who works as an extra on the show and has told her who dies in the upcoming explosion. https://twitter.com/BreeceStewart/status/386193515627032576
    I'm hoping so, he could maybe doing a video or something like that.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Oh no, it really looks like Leanne is going to die doesn't it? :(
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

Why say that just because you don't agree with what someone says. That is more a knee jerk reaction without realising there needs to be a sense of proption, rather than have characters for the sake of it in Hollyoaks.

Hollyoaks use to deal with gay issues by introducing gay characters on merit, not having just for the sake of a weak storyline.