Options

Achillies Tendinopathy supports

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
Forum Member
I have AT in my left ankle, have been doing the stretches as advised by a Podiatrist and Physiotherapist which has loosed the tendon marvellously, but have started having new issues crop up due to not walking correctly.

Has anyone a good experience of an an achilles support that they could recommend please? I still find it it extremely painful when lifting my foot was hoping to find a good support device before before the rest of my leg gives in :)

Im unable to use a general support as I cannot cover the area.

Comments

• Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I sure wish I could get some support, too.

I've had 3 years with a tendinosis and I'm fed up of it!
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,551
    Forum Member
    I stopped taking my statins a couple of months ago, and mine is now almost completely better - I've hardly been able to walk for over a year.

So if you're taking statins it could be that?, apparently it's a common side effect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I stopped taking my statins a couple of months ago, and mine is now almost completely better - I've hardly been able to walk for over a year.

So if you're taking statins it could be that?, apparently it's a common side effect.

No statins here, but I'm being monitored regarding. My cholesterol level was 6.1 then 6.0 then 5.6 so doctor would rather monitor me.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whilst i can't help with the support issue, i use Boots heel only ones

a couple of things which helped me apart from the exercises

vitamin D3, around 10.000 IU a day.
    have a google, there's plenty of info on this and plenty of people saying it worked for them when nothing else did (including me)
    however the low dosage ones you can get will not work, and it has to be vitamin D3

Non Elastic Loose/ Soft Top Cotton socks, elastic top socks reduce circulation
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    I sure wish I could get some support, too.

I've had 3 years with a tendinosis and I'm fed up of it!

Me too, along with planta faciitus and now sciatica in my other leg.:cry:
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope I can help you all through this most painful condition.

Mine started after a day trip to France. Daughter wanted to be carried, that was over cobbles and hills and I was wearing soft, flat shoes.

I don't know how much later but the pain was incredible. I sought out a sport physio who at great expense massaged the AT which was a very painful procedure and after I could only hobble. They wouldn't give me any idea as to the prognosis. At 3x times weekly and £20 per session, this more than 20 years ago was crippling me financially as well as the condition.

I limped into my house one day after treatment and turned on the radio. I think this man speaking was a podiatrist? However he advised to stand on the bottom step of your stairs, on tiptoe, and lower your heels. I did it and the relief was immediate. For the first time in months I walked normally, after just one session

Now, the area of my AT is thick, that's I understand through scar tissue hardening. If I work properly on the stair and other exercises, just ankle ones when watching TV, there is a vast improvement in shape also. Too old and lazy now, but they are simple if you want me to explain.

Try it gently and get back. I was being carried along at a small fortune when there was such a simple solution.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mutter wrote: »
    I hope I can help you all through this most painful condition.

Mine started after a day trip to France. Daughter wanted to be carried, that was over cobbles and hills and I was wearing soft, flat shoes.

I don't know how much later but the pain was incredible. I sought out a sport physio who at great expense massaged the AT which was a very painful procedure and after I could only hobble. They wouldn't give me any idea as to the prognosis. At 3x times weekly and £20 per session, this more than 20 years ago was crippling me financially as well as the condition.

I limped into my house one day after treatment and turned on the radio. I think this man speaking was a podiatrist? However he advised to stand on the bottom step of your stairs, on tiptoe, and lower your heels. I did it and the relief was immediate. For the first time in months I walked normally, after just one session

Now, the area of my AT is thick, that's I understand through scar tissue hardening. If I work properly on the stair and other exercises, just ankle ones when watching TV, there is a vast improvement in shape also. Too old and lazy now, but they are simple if you want me to explain.

Try it gently and get back. I was being carried along at a small fortune when there was such a simple solution.

I stood on the lowest step held it for ten seconds then lowered my heel slowly so it was hanging off the edge of the step (so my toes were then higher than my heel) is this correct? How long should I hold each step for?