Options

JFK Assassination

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Peppino wrote: »
    hmmm your post on the other thread not a minute ago being highly sarcastic and passive aggressive to me was not very civil now was it?
    It was very civil. You choose to read sarcasm and passive aggressiveness - that's your prerogative.
  • Options
    PeppinoPeppino Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    so you do believe me then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes but at least I am being persuaded by the evidence. Not by the slew of nonsense CT books written about JFK.

Back in 1963 there was no internet to stir up nonsensical theories.

you have no idea what any of the evidence is, and haven't presented any.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okay will do, now I have your permission and all.

Ok...I tried but you seem determined to just be confrontational which is a shame really.

As you're a new user & all, I was just trying to be nice, as I think you'll find the majority of users are on here to each other, when people aren't calling them idiots for having a different opinion to themselves. It's not about 'giving permission', merely about giving advice on how not to get yourself immediately banned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well thanks for your advice then. as it happens I am an enormous Nirvana fan, always been my favourite band. Infact recently I have been getting into a lot of bands that they used to be fans of like Melvins and Wipers, though I don't actually listen to much Nirvana anymore. If you don't listen to those two I suggest you give them a try, also Flipper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well thanks for your advice then. as it happens I am an enormous Nirvana fan, always been my favourite band. Infact recently I have been getting into a lot of bands that they used to be fans of like Melvins and Wipers, though I don't actually listen to much Nirvana anymore. If you don't listen to those two I suggest you give them a try, also Flipper.

Thanks for the suggestion, I know OF those bands but I admit I've not listened to them. I'll give them a go :)
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you have no idea what any of the evidence is, and haven't presented any.

As if presenting evidence to you would make a jot of difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nirvana covered a couple of Wipers songs, D7 and another one I forget, they are way cool you definitely should. As for Melvins they have a huge back catalogue but just now I just can't stop listening to this song. Buzz grew up next door to Kurt, suppose you probably knew that already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-nmcfiC3nM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As if presenting evidence to you would make a jot of difference.

a statement like that is a cop out for not having any to present. though I could say the same to you as I already have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a statement like that is a cop out for not having any to present. though I could say the same to you as I already have.

Yes but none of your evidence means a jot. You have read it in books written by people who possibly read it in other books, written by other CTs.

If you were the slightest bit interested you would ask what it was really like to be alive when JFK was assassinated in 1963.

You don't so you are not the slightest bit interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    return of the rat is the other song they covered it just came to me there

Wipers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2m7KM8lJCE

Hole covered that song
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes but none of your evidence means a jot. You have read it in books written by people who possibly read it in other books, written by other CTs.

If you were the slightest bit interested you would ask what it was really like to be alive when JFK was assassinated in 1963.

You don't so you are not the slightest bit interested.

erm no its not its people who were there on the day saying what they saw, were you btw? Didn't think so. You also just proved you haven't looked at any of it, proving me right to dismiss your opinion and also that you are guilty of what you just accused me of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've often wondered whether Jfk had a hand in Marilyn Monroe's death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thats a good question, have no idea personally but its certainly intriguing, he had motive and means anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    return of the rat is the other song they covered it just came to me there

Wipers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2m7KM8lJCE

Hole covered that song

I listened to the first song you linked & just had a quick flick through the second link. I think I prefer the sound on the second link. I'm not a Hole fan (or indeed CL fan) although some of her stuff is tolerable.

Hijacking your thread though is kind of frowned upon as it's gone off course, so I'll leave it here & maybe start a new thread somewhere :D Thanks for the music suggestions!
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never really appreciated the significance of the assassination when I was younger. But now older and thinking the president of America got assassinated! Bet it was a major deal back then. Guess for America in a way it's their princess DI. Except a bit more significant being a president.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I listened to the first song you linked & just had a quick flick through the second link. I think I prefer the sound on the second link. I'm not a Hole fan (or indeed CL fan) although some of her stuff is tolerable.

Hijacking your thread though is kind of frowned upon as it's gone off course, so I'll leave it here & maybe start a new thread somewhere :D Thanks for the music suggestions!

no problem, you should check out Devo too. Courtney Love is a cow as well agreed there.
  • Options
    Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has been said that the Kennedys were a cursed family and looking back it does seem to look that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never really appreciated the significance of the assassination when I was younger. But now older and thinking the president of America got assassinated! Bet it was a major deal back then. Guess for America in a way it's their princess DI. Except a bit more significant being a president.

I think people don't get how significant an event that was, that was a coup d'etat in the richest and most powerful country in the world, thats such a major deal you can't overstate it, and it has had implications for every person on the planet ever since even to this day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Baz O wrote: »
    It has been said that the Kennedys were a cursed family and looking back it does seem to look that way.

they really were, its amazing the amount of tragedy they have had to endure. There is a new generation of them emerging now too, one, Joseph, think he is Bobby's nephew, recently got elected as a Senator and there is probably more to come.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I am interested in this. I love watching things about conspiracy theories, especially documentaries about 9/11.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    I've often wondered whether Jfk had a hand in Marilyn Monroe's death.

Nah that was all RFK :)

I think Marilyn was architect of her own death. Probably accidentally.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,292
    Forum Member
    whole family was it seems when you see how much tragedy they have suffered. JFK jr also died in 1999 under very suspicious circumstances, supposedly he was about to announce he was going to run for president in 2000 against George Bush, he would have won too.

Considering the US people gave him a second term, i wouldn't be sure of that.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I think people don't get how significant an event that was, that was a coup d'etat in the richest and most powerful country in the world, thats such a major deal you can't overstate it, and it has had implications for every person on the planet ever since even to this day.
    In what way? Genuine question.